1/6 Hot Toys - TMS064 -The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Jesse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that, which makes it all the stranger than Cody is with the 501st so much. 😉
Well Obiwan and Anakin hang out a lot... and by that then Cody and Rex would also theoretically hang out a lot.

It would be weirder if Bly, Neyo or Fox hung out with Rex than Cody

You know what is funny about this gif is, it really seems like we're always looking at a sea of blue and white and in the middle of that group is Cody! Is he with the 212th? He is almost never with them, or he's with a group of 212th vastly outnumbered by 501st.
I know that, which makes it all the stranger than Cody is with the 501st so much. 😉

The 501st Battalion (not called Legion till later) and the 212th Attack Battalion are both battalion sized theoretically but we don’t have definitive numbers and can only infer based on what the unit compositions are. They’ve always been bad at units and scale because it never seems like there’d be enough Clones to fight the war.

I agree with you and it amused me that Clone Marshall Commander Cody - who should be very busy - often hangs out with Captain Rex and the 501st in the early phase of the war. Not even the whole 501st; just Torrent Company that Rex is in command of. I joke that he’s playing hookie from his responsibilities and secretly thinks the 212th is lame.

But it’s just because of the show’s premise since 3/4 of the core protagonists of TCW are attached to the 501st so we see the most of 501st Torrent Company. But Obi-Wan is often on missions with Anakin so Cody has to be there. The 212th too but just kind of around, not getting speaking parts. You’re lucky to even get named as a 212th. Well, unlucky since you’ll probably die. :lol

It’s unfortunate we don’t really spend time with Cody as the show progresses and the 212th don’t appear prominently outside of a handful of episodes.

I honestly had no interest in clones other than Cody (who I still need to pick up💀) and Rex simply b/c of how easily out of hand it could get, but man does this figure look incredible. We'll see if I cave on Jesse when my Rex arrives this week.

@Gipetto0812 scooping up all the Clones after unboxing Rex:

366ACDEC-C6FC-4189-A2E2-009588B1D23A.gif

I think Jesse is a must have though. Might be their best Clone yet. And you could keep the damage to a minimum by just sticking to named Clones if you’d like.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the color difference in the new 501st (Kenobi) trooper is extremely unfortunate. I missed the original grunts (I have only recently decided to collect Clone Wars) and now my only choice is to have figures that don't match, take the time to repaint, or skip them altogether. I know the new ones are color-matched to the Kenobi live-action suits and the original is color-matched to the cartoon, but come on! There must have been an official blue for the 501st and the Kenobi folks didn't get the memo. It's extra frustrating because I actually like the brighter blue of the new figures as it pops more ... Grrrrr!

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the color difference in the new 501st (Kenobi) trooper is extremely unfortunate. I missed the original grunts (I have only recently decided to collect Clone Wars) and now my only choice is to have figures that don't match, take the time to repaint, or skip them altogether. I know the new ones are color-matched to the Kenobi live-action suits and the original is color-matched to the cartoon, but come on! There must have been an official blue for the 501st and the Kenobi folks didn't get the memo. It's extra frustrating because I actually like the brighter blue of the new figures as it pops more ... Grrrrr!
This is the "official" blue for the 501st trooper: File:501Grunt full.jpg - Databank

There’s some decently priced clone wars 501st on Mercari.

The color was fixed in last week’s Mando episode so just give it a while and Hot Toys will inevitably announce a re-issue under the Mando banner

figures that don't match

Different blues aside, the armor is noticeably different from the parts used for the other Clones so they wouldn’t match anyway.

Best to just keep an eye out for not terribly priced TCW 501st/501st Deluxe and grab a couple. Better to spend a bit more to get something that properly works for you instead of compromising on something that won’t be satisfactory and regret it.

What's the current pecking order amongst the HT clones? Just in terms of figure quality-

They’re all good honestly. The only things that are really not up to par is the Phase 1 helmet sculpt and the fragile Cody body. Should’ve used metal for the helmet antenna too.

501st Deluxe was the best package deal and still my favorite army builder along with the 501st Standard. Rex is an excellent figure although the helmet is a bit off. Cody is still great and has the best head sculpt though Jesse might take that crown for me.

Coruscant Guard really pops with the red although the heavy ROTS weathering stands out across multiple. The AOTC 20th looks phenomenal with the Phase 2 and decent with the Phase 1.

Hunter and Echo are both excellent. Jesse turned out amazing. Vaughn is solid and they even fixed the helmet from the proto.

Definitely gets expensive for a lot of people when they’re this good consistently. :lol

Jesse just changed to shipped status...we'll see when he's actually out the door and on the UPS truck.

Same!

Funny, Clone Pilot is still "Processing" though.

Probably get some sort of label tomorrow for Jesse, so I should get him by the end of next week.

UPDATE: Got a e-mail notification now too, looks like he's already on his way, should be here Monday.

Last edited:
Also got a notice that he's on the move, says should be here on Tuesday. Hopefully there's more inbound soon for the rest of y'all.

Cody is in my opinion, the preeminent HT clone so far. He is the most beautiful. His headsculpt and paint are as yet unmatched. The weathering on his armor is *chef's kiss* He is, true, a museum pose kind of guy - as his articulation is not as good as that as more recent troopers - but not to be missed for all that. I highly recommend hunting him down.

Or.... wait a few months and see! Because I have a feeling, a more than strong feeling, that we may get Imperial Cody as a con exclusive. That would give you all the Cody goodness on top of a stronger and more flexible body.
I don't even know what Imperial Cody looks like 😬 If that's in Bad Batch, I haven't watched yet, though @MyenShi gave me a great go-by in another thread. But yes, it appears what you say about the EP3 Cody is correct regarding how nice it is. I was thinking of switching the body out for one of the newer ones but porting over the arm... whenever I eventually get one
@Gipetto0812 scooping up all the Clones after unboxing Rex:

View attachment 630625

I think Jesse is a must have though. Might be their best Clone yet. And you could keep the damage to a minimum by just sticking to named Clones if you’d like.
:LOL: That's very much what I fear of happening :thud:

When it comes to clones I was only thinking about having a few, relatively speaking, given how many other's buy. Basically only HT versions of my favorite Sideshow ones I used to have, so it won't be toooo bad. What I'd like to own are Cody, Rex (incoming), Gree, Wolffe, Bly and Arc Trooper Fives and Echo. Jesse looks so good though and he comes with his unique unhelmeted head that it definitely is difficult to pass on him. We'll see.

Last edited:
Back