1/6 Hot Toys - TMS064 -The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Jesse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slapped mine in to the shelf next to Echo.
20230711_110843.jpg

I gotta say I prefer the Sideshow Arc pauldron. The HT one looks like it is just too in the way and sits above the shoulder pads too high. Sideshows sits nicer

I posted this in the custom clone head thread, but i was asked by a friend to repaint and resculpt a Jesse head into old Rex from rebels. I tried a bit of aged weathering on the sculpt after painting over the tattoo and then added his grizzly beard.

Attachments

• IMG_8296.jpeg
    IMG_8296.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8297.jpeg
    IMG_8297.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8298.jpeg
    IMG_8298.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8299.jpeg
    IMG_8299.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8300.jpeg
    IMG_8300.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8301.jpeg
    IMG_8301.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8302.jpeg
    IMG_8302.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I’ve been eying Jesse for a long time but what stops me from getting him is he can’t point his arms straight forward. It’s the biggest problem I have with Rex too but at least he has one arm that has good range.

These may be some silly questions but has anyone tried detaching those pauldrons? How would you deal with the dried up glue underneath without removing too much of the weathering?

I posted this in the custom clone head thread, but i was asked by a friend to repaint and resculpt a Jesse head into old Rex from rebels. I tried a bit of aged weathering on the sculpt after painting over the tattoo and then added his grizzly beard.
Can’t believe no one commented on how fantastic this came out. Would love an official release of old man Rex but this really came out solid. Well done.

Can’t believe no one commented on how fantastic this came out. Would love an official release of old man Rex but this really came out solid. Well done.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
It’s probably social media culture of clicking a thumbs up or similar. Occasionally I’ll be scrolling through a thread and see that people have “reacted” to someone’s post. But they didn’t bother quoting it like you did. I generally make things that I’d like to have and, on occasion, it resonates with someone else. But if no one mentions it as you have done, their reaction is worse than useless, lol.
If I post something and no-one mentions it, I just assume no-one liked it.
But thanks for posting. I appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.
It’s probably social media culture of clicking a thumbs up or similar. Occasionally I’ll be scrolling through a thread and see that people have “reacted” to someone’s post. But they didn’t bother quoting it like you did. I generally make things that I’d like to have and, on occasion, it resonates with someone else. But if no one mentions it as you have done, their reaction is worse than useless, lol.
If I post something and no-one mentions it, I just assume no-one liked it.
But thanks for posting. I appreciate it.

It’s great the forum was updated and got reactions. More options for engagement breathed new life into the forum.

In the past, many who saw something like that and might’ve liked it would’ve kept browsing without leaving a reply. Some people prefer not to comment for various reasons.

At least now you know people appreciate or like something even without a reply. In a way, it gave a voice to people who were otherwise just observing which is how I like to look at it.

Though since we’re here, I’ll take the opportunity to say great work on the sculpt. Turned out really well!

Last edited:
It’s great the forum was updated and got reactions. More options for engagement breathed new life into the forum.

In the past, many who saw something like that and might’ve liked it would’ve kept browsing without leaving a reply. Some people prefer not to comment for various reasons.

At least now you know people appreciate or like something even without a reply. In a way, it gave a voice to people who were otherwise just observing which is how I like to look at it.

Though since we’re here, I’ll take the opportunity to say great work on the sculpt. Turned out really well!
Thanks for that.
I appreciate the changes work well for some.
I’m just old and crabbit and don’t do well with change, lol.

Back