1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC says throne variant is about to be in the warehouse.

Its all good, but hope they know when my boy is lounging around on the pedestal, his first question is going to be Where is Fennec?

HT better give him what he wants. * helmet nod*
It’s so weird, because I spoke to someone there today and she told me that BOTH version won’t start shipping until December. And I just wanted to be like “umm… except someone already has one in hand that you guys shipped? So, actually not at all what you just said”

It’s so weird, because I spoke to someone there today and she told me that BOTH version won’t start shipping until December. And I just wanted to be like “umm… except someone already has one in hand that you guys shipped? So, actually not at all what you just said”
The most unauthoritative source of information about Sideshow comes from Sideshow CS reps themselves.

Got the arriving soon email which was surprising.

I don’t really preorder much but they got me with the timed Special Edition last year. So seems like Fett, the throne, and the two 5¢ holograms will be on their way shortly.

Just got in the Arena Fett too. Guess it’s Fettember.

I really think that like, three people total work at SSC these days. Even all those people you see In the THANK YOU purchase video are probably long gone.... One woman answers the phone and the other two guys are fumbling around in the warehouse, running into things with the towmotor forks. We know this because everyone is getting damaged art boxes these days....

In other news, i just today found out that Testors DISCONTINUED Testors Dull Cote hobby finishing spray, back in 2020!!! And just now i know this, when i need a new can. And there was none at the hobby store. *falls to knees, flailing hands beseeching the heavens* HOW DID THIS HAPPEN YOU GUYS BEEN MAKING THIS FOR FORTY YEARS YOU CANNOT STOP NOWWWWWWWW there has never not been DullCote in my lifetime, all heaven is in a rage!!!! Holy sheet!!! TESTORS WHAT YOU DOIN

#hobbylife

I really think that like, three people total work at SSC these days. Even all those people you see In the THANK YOU purchase video are probably long gone.... One woman answers the phone and the other two guys are fumbling around in the warehouse, running into things with the towmotor forks. We know this because everyone is getting damaged art boxes these days....

In other news, i just today found out that Testors DISCONTINUED Testors Dull Cote hobby finishing spray, back in 2020!!! And just now i know this, when i need a new can. And there was none at the hobby store. *falls to knees, flailing hands beseeching the heavens* HOW DID THIS HAPPEN YOU GUYS BEEN MAKING THIS FOR FORTY YEARS YOU CANNOT STOP NOWWWWWWWW there has never not been DullCote in my lifetime, all heaven is in a rage!!!! Holy sheet!!! TESTORS WHAT YOU DOIN

#hobbylife
Hahaha, you’re probably right about that. The last couple figures I’ve gotten have all had damaged boxes, too.

That’s wild about testors dull coat! I use Mr. Hobby, I don’t know if you’ll be able to find that at a hobby store locally, but they definitely still make it and it’s really good.

Hahaha, you’re probably right about that. The last couple figures I’ve gotten have all had damaged boxes, too.

That’s wild about testors dull coat! I use Mr. Hobby, I don’t know if you’ll be able to find that at a hobby store locally, but they definitely still make it and it’s really good.

I mean just how can ALL these boxes be damaged, its really strange. Or maybe UPS is just that bad these days. But this is from ppl using other shipping companies as well....

Im hearing that Windsor & Newton professional Matte varnish is the way to go. Its supposed to really be better. Will have to try.

It was just a shock.... The display was full, but there was not even an empty slot for DullCote. Right away I had a bad feeling.

It was like finding out theyd discontinued Createx paints or something. Gods, thatll be next, I should not jinx it

When I order from ssc I often end up in the dilemma of taking it over the payment plan then paying it off once I see it’s being shipped. I usually contact ssc and ask when they can expect to deliver if I pay it off. They never give a straight answer though.

Bear in mind, photos are going to enhance that bumpy finish (NOT complaining) - from a good display distance, it should look great.
I'm liking the evolution.
This was my thought exactly. Similar to how a 1 inch tall head sculpt can look bad with a high res zoom in, these damage on the helmet and armor likewise will look exaggerated. If it wasn't, it would likely look completely smooth at viewing distance which is inaccurate to the show as well.

I'd take a guess that they're working off a script based on when they expect ALL orders to be fulfilled. Based on the slow release in small batches that has become pretty standard, that December date is probably accurate. Far better for them to quote you that and you get it in October than the reverse. With that said, a simple FIFO inventory model would allow them to allocate with confidence and actually tell you when you can expect yours.

I'd take a guess that they're working off a script based on when they expect ALL orders to be fulfilled. Based on the slow release in small batches that has become pretty standard, that December date is probably accurate. Far better for them to quote you that and you get it in October than the reverse. With that said, a simple FIFO inventory model would allow them to allocate with confidence and actually tell you when you can expect yours.
Yeah, I think that sounds pretty accurate.
And what Ramatuelle posited about there being less staff there as well.
I remember, years ago now, but there was a person who worked at customer service who’s name I can’t recall now, but she was always incredibly helpful and would give me accurate information about what was going to be in stock and when, and when it would ship. Even to the point that she’d remember me by my name, and it wasn’t as if I was calling super frequently or anything. Seems like those days are long gone, unfortunately.

I ordered the exclusive one from SS. Don't know if I want it though.
I wonder if this one is going to end up being a little more in demand in a while, because it seems like they over produced the the two pack version and may have decided to cut back on this one a bit. Obviously that’s just speculation.

I got the two-pack and I ordered this one as well, but I think I’m going to skip the BOBF version. I vastly prefer this look over the changes they made to the costume for BOBF, and the fact that the 1/6 version doesn’t come with an un-helmeted head is a travesty. On top of my feelings for that show in general, which aren’t remotely positive for the most part.
If the rumor that Disney is going to announce season 2 are true, we can only hope they keep Robert Rodriguez as far away from it as possible, and find some story reason to give Boba a little edge back.

97D251CC-CCDB-4D4F-89EB-156216140504.jpeg

EEE63CF4-0012-4B1F-8C7B-835117F4FDC7.jpeg

7B784BBD-99A7-4EA6-9B01-45358A7584CE.jpeg

interesting comparison shots via:

I like the looser-fitting sleeves on the sarlacc-damaged version better. Makes the arms look less like sticks.

But I'm liking the bumpy "repaint" a lot.

Back