1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I guess I would ask: does the headsculpt and throne feel worth the $145 premium?
Yeah I would say it’s well worth the extra over the standard edition. The unmasked head is still one of HT’s best they’ve ever done and having the unique straight forward looking eyes over the 2 pack version is a nice change up. Having both options is really nice. The throne itself is quite sizable despite looking tiny on Jabba’s throne. Here’s a shot of it on an overcrowded shelf. It looks much bigger off Jabba’s throne. I clearly have lots of rearranging to do still as I was not expecting the Daimyo so soon.

The worn texture to the armor is far less noticeable in hand and under normal display conditions. You really have to handle it up close to even notice. Not at all distracting IMO.

Attachments

• AB041129-F68C-44BD-B2BF-E8FCE99D038A.jpeg
    AB041129-F68C-44BD-B2BF-E8FCE99D038A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Ugh, I’m so jealous of everyone who’s already got their or who’s have already shipped.
Should I just pay the remainder and see if that speeds up the process?

Thanks for sharing! How’s the throne feel? Heavy and high quality or flimsy and hollow?
The throne is a bit hollow but feels very well made and has some heft to it. I'm 100% happy with it... even though I (glorious) repurposed mine for something else I wanted to do :)

Attachments

• 20220914_212315.jpg
    13.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220914_183136_571.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Your opinion changes once that plastic crack smell gives you that high. Then you put it on display and admire it from across the room. And in a week, you’ll forget people complaining about bumps in his armor was ever even a topic of conversation:lol

No lies detected.

I bought Chrome Trooper, then I cancelled him, then I re-bought him. Then I thought about cancelling again, because fiscal responsibility you know, but SSC said "preparing to ship" and I couldn't. "Oh well, let's take a look at him when he gets here" I thought.

I unboxed tonight and that boy is straight-up fire, this is one beautiful figure. He poses the best of any clone i have. His arms seem to be double-jointed so he can actually bend elbows further and when you bend them, they stay. As a result I can actually do box-art poses with him. I think that is a HT first.

Seeing these things IRL is a whole 'nother thing than pictures. When I see Boba Fresh that texture will be the last thing I pay attention to, I have no doubt he is awesome in person.

I find that when one looks at something in hand, its often completely different from the impression you get from people's close up pictures.

Your opinion changes once that plastic crack smell gives you that high. Then you put it on display and admire it from across the room. And in a week, you’ll forget people complaining about bumps in his armor was ever even a topic of conversation:lol
[/QUOTE]
I’m like the Karen of figure community, once I see a flaws I dislike then I will complain about it
7FBDC285-EF0D-46BA-A87D-3472154A6873.jpeg

No lies detected.

I bought Chrome Trooper, then I cancelled him, then I re-bought him. Then I thought about cancelling again, because fiscal responsibility you know, but SSC said "preparing to ship" and I couldn't. "Oh well, let's take a look at him when he gets here" I thought.

I unboxed tonight and that boy is straight-up fire, this is one beautiful figure. He poses the best of any clone i have. His arms seem to be double-jointed so he can actually bend elbows further and when you bend them, they stay. As a result I can actually do box-art poses with him. I think that is a HT first.

Seeing these things IRL is a whole 'nother thing than pictures. When I see Boba Fresh that texture will be the last thing I pay attention to, I have no doubt he is awesome in person.

“Boba Fresh” 😂😂 Well done 👍🏻

Ugh I'm really not liking the super exaggerated texture I'm seeing in these pics, but maybe it's something I'll be able to get used to with time...
Pic from ONE_SIXTH_EMPIRE on Instagram; texture doesn't seem "super" exaggerated to me. More than the show but in figure form it feels like the right amount to catch the light and give the armor some visual interest.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 3.29.22 PM.png

I’m like the Karen of figure community, once I see a flaw I dislike then I will complain about it View attachment 599191

No, seeing flaws and then complaining about them isnt being a Karen. Being a Karen is complaining about complete bulls*** and then demanding that some higher-up who doesnt even know you, do something about it. IMMMMEEEEEEEEED-JUTLEY.

Wait, we do that too! Ah well, such is collecting. :sneaky:

Back