1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't see a deluxe but i would bet my collection we will see another release sometime in the future if she shows up and d

If you ordered it today or in 3 weeks you still will get it at the same time. No rush really.
I have a $25 off code that expires on the 20th, so I really hope it's the 19th! I tried it on the Cyborg Spider-Man and it let me apply it so hoping it works for her.

I'm sure Sideshow wanted the PO's during their Con to hype up the event. Everyone will get one, don't fear the FOMO effect, although people will.

I think this character is destined to return in the show for some pretty significant story moments. The groundwork was laid and we saw her in action.
That said, this version may end up being the OG Armorer to line up with the first Mando. If she does show up again, expect some changes and possibly another figure.

Whatever the case, I am sold on this one!

It's nonsense to put that weird Spiderman figure out but hold the rest back. I don't follow their logic. Everyone in tune enough to know about the Armorer figure also already knows about Sideshow's promo event.
Especially given that that Spidey is just a ridiculous figure. You heard me!! I said it out loud!! Pure ridiculousness!! Why not put that energy into giving us movie version Doc Ock, a figure that all these years later, many would still p.o. first day out.

That Spidey figure makes anything Venomized look downright intelligent. I refuse to apologize.

EDIT: i clearly spoke too soon; today brings us Venomized Groot.

Last edited:
Especially given that that Spidey is just a ridiculous figure. You heard me!! I said it out loud!! Pure ridiculousness!! Why not put that energy into giving us movie version Doc Ock, a figure that all these years later, many would still p.o. first day out.

That Spidey figure makes anything Venomized look downright intelligent. I refuse to apologize.

I'm sure they will give us a version of doc with the new Spidey movie.

Discount code is applicable to applied to the exclusives at SideShow ? First time hearing that, but I didn't use SideShow to pre-order the Armorer anyway, have already put down a full payment for her day 1 :sneaky:.

She probably left after melting down and recovering everything she could. Grim work.

The Nevarro forge was abandoned as of Season 2 which we see in Episode 4.

Maybe she linked up with another Covert. Armorers are probably few in number after the purge. Her skill and knowledge would be valuable.

Also going to take this opportunity to acknowledge stunt performer Lauren Mary Kim who portrayed The Armorer during the action and fight scenes. She also did Ahsoka’s fight choreography and mocap for the Siege of Mandalore duel versus Maul.

Heresy is a bit of an exaggeration and the events of Season 2 don't set up for a confrontation like that. The Armorer is the one who tasked Din Djarin by creed to protect the foundling and reunite him with his people in the first place. She would be glad that he accomplished his quest.

He broke one of the codes of the Way of the Mandalore that their tribe follows by removing his helmet, but breaking that code just means that you're not allowed to wear a helmet again. A possible way of further allowing Pedro Pascal to go helmetless, aside from by choice through character development.

The helmet code always struck me as partly a way to protect the remaining Mandalorians in hiding and disguise their identies and numbers by not showing their faces publicly. Secrecy was of the highest priority during this period. They lived in the shadows and only one person of the Covert was allowed out at a time.

The Armorer does not strike me as someone who seeks power like that. She's shown to be wise, diplomatic, and pragmatic. I think her role as a protector of her tribe, and of knowledge, history, and the Beskar is more important to her.

Appreciate the enthusiasm and glad to be talking about something relevant than other things. :lol

For me personally, I think that’s a bit too much power fantasy and forced conflict placed onto two characters who both don’t really have established motivations (as of yet) to clash with each other. But that’s just my opinion. Your opinions are your own and valid for you.

Again, it is my observation that she does not seem to actively seek out conflict. Only to defend herself. She skillfully resolved the tension between Din Djarin and Paz Vizsla diplomatically. She told Din Djarin that Grogu is not an enemy despite his kind, the Jedi, being the ancient enemy of Mandalore.

Being wise and level enough to make that sort of distinction means she is not a rabid fanatic. I certainly do not see her as some kind of justiciar looking to punish or execute people without extremely good cause.

Her main concern always seems to be the foundlings, and the well being of the foundlings is important to Din Djarin as well. So long as those goals align, I don’t see conflict.

She would probably be more upset if he had hypothetically abandoned his quest, word, and creed to help Grogu than for taking his helmet off, regardless of what consequences of that there may or may not be.

Future seasons will hold higher stakes, intrigue, politics, sure. But I’m not convinced Din Djarin and The Armorer are going to have an armed conflict specifically. That is not how I read their characters.

I’m certainly not ruling out he could end up in power in some capacity, even if he doesn’t want it. That’s a potential path they could take his story. And there’s always the possibility of some sort of conflict between them, though there would have to be more development towards that.

If anything, I would imagine he would want his old tribe to join him on Mandalore through diplomacy than fighting. And if a new Mandalore is seated, many will follow them willingly.

We will agree to disagree and look forward to the next season to see what happens. :duff

Well said, I agree on all counts! MyenShi I always appreciate your knowledgable input :duff

I think this character is destined to return in the show for some pretty significant story moments. The groundwork was laid and we saw her in action.
That said, this version may end up being the OG Armorer to line up with the first Mando. If she does show up again, expect some changes and possibly another figure.

Whatever the case, I am sold on this one!
I agree. I’m expecting there to be a Mandalorian war between Bo Katan’s crew and the watch, led by the armourer. Din will have to chose a side.

Discount code is applicable to applied to the exclusives at SideShow ? First time hearing that, but I didn't use SideShow to pre-order the Armorer anyway, have already put down a full payment for her day 1 :sneaky:.
It applies to the Cyborg Spidey which is listed as exclusive, so I assume it’ll work on this as well. At least I’m hoping it will. Those discount coupons you get after purchases typically work for almost anything. Hey, if I can get another $25 off plus all my reward points, I’m a happy camper.

It applies to the Cyborg Spidey which is listed as exclusive, so I assume it’ll work on this as well. At least I’m hoping it will. Those discount coupons you get after purchases typically work for almost anything. Hey, if I can get another $25 off plus all my reward points, I’m a happy camper.
Yeah the reason I was asking because I exclusively collect Hot Toys Star Wars, and the last SW exclusive I ordered at SideShow was Sith Anakin back in 2018, which was unable to apply any discount codes at that time according to their "exclusive figure policy".

I agree. I’m expecting there to be a Mandalorian war between Bo Katan’s crew and the watch, led by the armourer. Din will have to chose a side.

Yep.

After all, think about it: season 1 Mando was in the covert for like five minutes and a knife fight breaks out over alleged heretical behavior, IIRC. Bo sees Fett and immediately goes off on him for "disgracefulness" for no reason I can see. She doesnt even know him! Etc. What the hell. These are aggressive people. I am expecting plenty of conflict.

They did the big Mandalorian Civil War in The Clone Wars.

They continued that conflict but addressed the fallout of said civil war in Rebels. Various clans united under Bo-Katan and the Darksaber.

I feel they (especially Filoni) are more likely building up to closing that arc through unification in The Mandalorian or another show than just repeating yet another full civil war.

Bo-Katan specifically says they need to retake Mandalore. They need guns, ships, and people to do it. Boba Fett says the planet is glass, but there’s something there. Imperial Remnant or another occupying force, we don’t know.

The show has thematically been about bringing people together for a greater cause, which for two seasons has been Grogu’s well-being.

This leads to a possibility they will all unite to seat a new Mandalore to rebuild Mandalorian society. How that society is rebuilt may certainly draw conflict and arguments, but I personally don’t expect to see the kind of explosive internal violence some are envisioning.

There are going to be new and external non Mandalorian threats and villains introduced along the way.

Just my opinion though. Everyone has theirs, and it could certainly play out more violently as you feel it might. Anything can happen. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

I do find it interesting that it kind of feels to me like there’s a misread of The Armorer’s character that has some people thinking she’s an aggressor. I acknowledge that everyone views things differently, of course.

For me, though, her own words and actions go against that interpretation. If I had to guess, it seems like it’s a matter of superficially taking her voice and appearance and simply projecting power and domination onto it.

If you hear what she says in full, I fully believe she is very rational, calm, pragmatic, levelheaded, and diplomatic.

Last edited:
Can't wait to place an order and add her to my collection she be a fine addition to my collection

Attachments

• The Mandos and Friends.jpeg
    The Mandos and Friends.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 41
  • Manufacturers protocol dictates I cannot be captured. I must self destruct.jpeg
    Manufacturers protocol dictates I cannot be captured. I must self destruct.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Nursing Protocol.jpeg
    Nursing Protocol.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 49
Great post MyenShi. I wish the Clone Wars was a little easier to get into. The first season has been pretty hard to watch and I find myself either tuning out entirely or skipping episodes. What is a good jumping-on episode to the plot points of the show you are referring to?

Great post MyenShi. I wish the Clone Wars was a little easier to get into. The first season has been pretty hard to watch and I find myself either tuning out entirely or skipping episodes. What is a good jumping-on episode to the plot points of the show you are referring to?
This is a good list:
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/07/t...rs-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/
My personal favorites if you have even less time are:

Umbara campaign
Mandalore arc
Darth Maul arc (which weaves in with the Mandalorian arc)
Ahsoka's trial
Season 7 (well aside from the martez sisters episodes)

Although you would miss out on a lot of the character development

Back