1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine too and she is very nice overall with just a couple very unfortunate issues. The body kinda sucks(everyone knows that already) and the fur is terribly inaccurate, I want to source something better to replace it someday. She can't hold the tongs very well so I wrapped a thin layer of plastic around my desired grip location to fix that. Otherwise she is a great figure and a very important addition to The Mandalorian line.

The Armorer just arrive and set up little display for her but need to find place to settle her

Attachments

• 2D8EECDC-F8E5-4988-B96A-31BD258893AF.jpeg
    2D8EECDC-F8E5-4988-B96A-31BD258893AF.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 86
  • B21F60B3-A0C9-4C13-AFEB-AB21CEA8F138.jpeg
    B21F60B3-A0C9-4C13-AFEB-AB21CEA8F138.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 80
Nice pics everyone, and here's a few more...

The last two show a quick mod on the stand's grabber post. I took the waist grabber wire and bent the loops down to form the leg grabber version. It was a super simple mod, but necessary like it should have been.

ar-03-2_orig.jpg

ar-04_orig.jpg

ar-05_orig.jpg

ar-06_orig.jpg

ar-07_orig.jpg

ar-08_orig.jpg

ar-09_orig.jpg

ar-010_orig.jpg

ar-011_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Great job with that stand Endo! Everytime I try to bend those I seem to mangle them. It is nonsense to include a waist grabber stand, they do damage to the figures over time. I think they do that with all female figures for whatever reason.

Oh, and also for Marty Mcfly because Michael J Fox requested it because he didn't want a metal rod up his @ss. True story 🤣

The last two show a quick mod on the stand's grabber post. I took the waist grabber wire and bend the loops down to form the leg grabber version. It was a super simple mod, but necessary like it should have been.

View attachment 541466
View attachment 541467
View attachment 541468
View attachment 541469
View attachment 541470
View attachment 541471

View attachment 541476
View attachment 541478
Oooh I really like that rock slab you're using for her tools! What is that?

The last two show a quick mod on the stand's grabber post. I took the waist grabber wire and bend the loops down to form the leg grabber version. It was a super simple mod, but necessary like it should have been.
Great photos!

And yes, a waist grabber was a terrible choice for a figure with pleather waist.

Great job with that stand Endo! Everytime I try to bend those I seem to mangle them. It is nonsense to include a waist grabber stand, they do damage to the figures over time. I think they do that with all female figures for whatever reason.

Oh, and also for Marty Mcfly because Michael J Fox requested it because he didn't want a metal rod up his @ss. True story 🤣
Great photos!

And yes, a waist grabber was a terrible choice for a figure with pleather waist.
Thanks guys!
I was close to purchasing a couple generic stands and source the wires, when after a minute of looking at the waist grabber, I was like, "Oh, of course!" the loops are already formed they just need to point downward. I did try to keep the scratching to a minimum by wrapping the pliers in some tape, and just took my time to get two side lined up.

Hmm, I really hope HT is not intent on giving us waist grabbers for whatever reason. I feel it was really out of place for The Armorer. In fact, I can't think of single instance I would use them over the standard leg grabber... okay maybe IG-11, but that's the exception?🤔

Oooh I really like that rock slab you're using for her tools! What is that?
This is actually a 4" x 4" slate drink coaster from Michaels craft store...
https://www.michaels.com/slate-coasters-by-artminds/10212298.html
I picked a few packs with the plan to see if they could be used as tile flooring for figure dio's. Also, just something to pose figure on that had a different look.

Last edited:
Mine came today from Sideshow. The fur collar (or shawl or whatever it is) definitely should've been tweaked before production -- the size, shape, and general look of it is off. The articulation is lacking, though I was only ever going to have her holding her tools so it doesn't impact me much but a better body still would have improved the figure.

Those squabbles aside, though, she's great. Looks fantastic on my shelf next to my S1 Mandalorian.

Back