1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 092 - Obi-Wan Kenobi series: 501st Legion Clone Trooper (Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We never saw Ed Harris as a Kerberos Panzer Jager either so it could be done as "generic human head sculpt" that coincidentally resembles Tem
I have no idea who or what that is but sure :lol.

Licensing a problem, it's up to Lucasfilm at the end of the day; for all we know HT could've sent it to them and it was rejected.

I don't think the indentations in the ab armor and design of cod piece in CGI make it unwearable. So, yes, it's a stylistic choice by showrunners. On the other hand, it's weird. Unlike RO STs which are different soldiers than seen in OT and it's possible they wear different armors, the clones in OBK are the exact same clones that climbed the stairs with Anakin in ROTS.

It seems like they changed parts and repainted their armors on top of the stairs during their resting break prior to temple assault.
A stylistic choice by the showrunners that is inaccurate and further shows that they didn't give a **** about this project at all :lol

I have no idea who or what that is but sure :lol.

Licensing a problem, it's up to Lucasfilm at the end of the day; for all we know HT could've sent it to them and it was rejected.

HTY-902180-7.jpg

I know it is a prototype and some things will change (such as missing buttons on belly) but I am surprised that HT missed part of the folding stock on the blaster. I went back to see if the BTS pics showed them missing on the props but they are there.

I was joking, the figure Jazter pictured is long out of stock and going for a good sum on ebay. If I had seen it back in the day though, I might have bought it JUST to part out.

EDIT: but wait! There's more food for thought!

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Thinking it over reallllllyyyyyy carefully.

Temuera Morrison......

I am kinda not kidding. If face of a clone it can be sold as an army builder and for anyone wanting a non clone they can just head swap any compatible head. If might sell more that way
Yeah, but we've already seen images of the guy and he's not TM. So for the sake of variety, I'd like a face other than TM's in this case.

The insistence that the CGI/animated armor is not possible to wear is odd. People have been doing it for years (to varying degrees of success but it can definitely look good).

I think it could’ve been modified slightly to make it more comfortable and safe for stunt performers without changing the appearance too much.

6F657ABC-BF85-4CC5-8668-BF7296C99016.jpeg
FC9C5035-1EED-45B3-AA74-5FC540B2B4FA.jpeg

There are purely aesthetic design changes made to the OWK armor that don’t seem to affect wearability or function. I don’t think those look great and doesn’t mesh well with continuity. It’s not bad in the quick shots on screen, but the side by side comparisons really don’t help it.

The codpiece is probably the only change that really significantly affects mobility. Although they could’ve done better because the shape is kind of ugly.

9A99E491-B564-446B-8A7B-4DC8CDE5C02D.jpeg

ABF0CBD7-1B13-48D3-8503-ACD68E1D0AB3.jpeg

8C0D80E2-B274-49FC-936E-D4F7956A7F7B.jpeg
FF3C73FC-1050-4C5A-99A2-F0ADA7DC26F0.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the 501b squad, a slightly un-passable, mildly defective set of clones that made it out the factory at the end of the war.
….mmmmm head canon is good 🧘🏾‍♂️

Back