1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 091 - The Clone Wars: 501st Legion ARF Trooper & AT-RT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$290 for just the ARF. Dang, this is the cheapest trooper we've gotten in awhile 😂 $145 more for the trooper. Too bad they won't sell him separately for $145 🤣 or for anything...

Funny enough a lot of people want just the trooper and do not care about the vehicle. Not sure if HT is doing this on purpose or if they are just disconnected from their customers as always.
This is certainly a strategic move. That's why it's only $145 more to get the trooper with the ARF rather than just buying the ARF for $290. They know people want the trooper, so They're definitely doing this purposely.

Calling on a mod to merge these two together. Looks like this should be the primary, created back in May. Thanks.

Another Star Wars release that, while cool looking, is ultimately hollow and lacking in any meaningful connection.

Its really not, as the Umbara arc in CW is considered one of its best.

Figures like this are great for army builders who now can put some speeders and AT-RTs up with their thirty 501sts. It'll add that much more pizazz to such a display.

The ARF is what they call a loss-leader, they are going to use him to sell that vehicle. What people oughtta do is pair up and organize a split. Vehicle ppl get this coolest of all terrain SW vehicles, trooper ppl get the ARF for $150. Win-win.

Prices are not bad. Far better to get the ARF Trooper set though. Even if someone just wants the AT-RT, they’d be better off selling the ARF.

The ARF Trooper only being $145 almost feels like a mistake considering troopers are moving into $230-$235 territory.

Almost made me want to preorder it now in case they change their mind and raise the price when I saw it on their site. :lol

What's kind of angering is that pricing this trooper at $145 kind of tells us that this is the price point that most of these unnamed troopers should be at. Why is just this one so cheap? because the rest are artificially inflated, thats why.

Another Star Wars release that, while cool looking, is ultimately hollow and lacking in any meaningful connection.
Yeah I'm the same. Looks cool but personally I have no connection to this figure/vehicle and I'm trying to focus my collection on things that have some meaning to me, not just what looks cool.

I get what you're saying, but Star Wars also means something different to everyone. This is definitely not hollow to my wife and I, who love The Clone Wars and Clones. It's a vehicle featured heavily in one of the best arcs of the entire series.

Figures like this are great for army builders who now can put some speeders and AT-RTs up with their thirty 501sts. It'll add that much more pizazz to such a display.

That's my plan.

Although the highest number of 501st publicly claimed here at present is 22.

I was saving all my RP, expecting it to be in the $600 range lol, I feel like this is more than acceptable, going to be around $120 out of pocket for me when it is all said and done after my "thank you" coupon and RP.

Wasn't expecting both speeder bikes to be more expensive honestly.

Looking at it, it's really just kind of an armored chair with spindly legs and big feet. It's not a ton of plastic and doesn't need a flight stand like the BARCs.

As much as I like them, I think the BARCs and Speeder Bikes are a little overpriced for what they are; especially the BARC Sidecar. That it makes the AT-RT with ARF Trooper set seem like a bargain by comparison is telling.

I think they could've charged more for this but preorder numbers for the BARCs might've been disappointing. I've heard as much for the BARC Sidecar, at least.

What's kind of angering is that pricing this trooper at $145 kind of tells us that this is the price point that most of these unnamed troopers should be at. Why is just this one so cheap? because the rest are artificially inflated, thats why.

Yeah, I mean that's true of many things in life but higher end collectibles (luxury and designer goods as well) tend to be priced at what people are willing to pay for them. Granted you can get better quality for more money but there's usually a ceiling on that.

These figures get priced at a point where they feel the market/collectors will still be willing to pay for them. I think they've kind of seen there is a limit to that though, especially with unnamed troopers in the current environment where people are being a lot more selective.

So hopefully that'll be good for collectors moving forward. They may also just make fewer of them though to get people to buy them faster again.

Last edited:
Looking at it, it's really just kind of an armored chair with spindly legs and big feet. It's not a ton of plastic and doesn't need a flight stand like the BARCs.

As much as I like them, I think the BARCs and Speeder Bikes are a little overpriced for what they are; especially the BARC Sidecar. That it makes the AT-RT with ARF Trooper set seem like a bargain by comparison is telling.

I think they could've charged more for this but preorder numbers for the BARCs might've been disappointing. I've heard as much for the BARC Sidecar, at least.

Good point, perhaps because it is taller, I expected it to be more, even then, I didn't expect it to be this good of a deal.

No surprise on the BARC sidescar numbers being a disappointment, they should not of launched that and the Appo+BARC at the same time, most collectors will choose the cheaper option and Appo is probably more wanted then the Heavy Trooper.

Hoho, as you say but how many do some of these Youtubers and ppl on Reddit own? 30 is not an impossible number. I think like three of these AT-RTs in a group would be damn impressive.

There is someone on these forums with a vast army, one that would make the Kaminoans proud.

I could definitely see myself getting another AT-RT, especially with how cheap this first one for me came out to, they're definitely more of a eye grabber than the BARCs.

Sorry for the bump - I've been looking at pictures of this as I'm ordering soon when my points become active. One thing I can't find is a picture showing his 2nd joint from the top moving. A couple of pics show the other joints as being poseable, but I can't find this one. I think this is fairly relevant as it would help achieve more "realistic" poses. Anybody got additional info?

htt30027_14.jpg

Sorry for the bump - I've been looking at pictures of this as I'm ordering soon when my points become active. One thing I can't find is a picture showing his 2nd joint from the top moving. A couple of pics show the other joints as being poseable, but I can't find this one. I think this is fairly relevant as it would help achieve more "realistic" poses. Anybody got additional info?

Don't think anything is out there about it, but safe to assume it'd be poseable, we really only got these promo pics and the few convention pics to go off of.

Im buying two.

Good man, think I can grab a second down the line as well. Such a unique vehicle that will stand out.

Back