1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 078 - The Book of Boba Fett: Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could they not include a head sclupt but include it on the 1/4 scale.

Hot Toys:
CDCC0400-7E23-405D-A8EA-DB7B5FB0CE6C.gif

Last edited:
That 1/4 headsculpt was so good, I almost bought the figure just for that. Every now and then I think about jumping on the waitlist for that, always to arrive at the same conclusion: where would I put him. He doesnt fit in a Detolf, and he does not go with the few PFs I own.

This is 2023 figure of the year for me. The proto looked really awesome up close, much prefer it to the throne version. Bad show, nice design and glad there’s no head sculpt, that guy’s head in the Boba costume didn’t look right. Probably nobody’s head should be shown in this outfit.

this frustrated me 6 months ago in the beginning of the thread, and still frustrates me now 😂

such an odd move to me, especially considering that the healed headsculpt is significantly different from the sarlacc ones.

maybe theyre saving it for a mando season 3 release 🤷‍♂️ or they’re still fine tuning the deluxe “Boba Fett and Rancor” set…
It would seem they are trying to milk it but at least in the case of mando he really did have a head sclupt but this dude is taking of his helmet from the begining. And it still sold out I guess it worked but it is a huge let down not having a head sclupt

I just caved and ordered him from KGHobby. Already have the Deluxe Double and the Repaint Throne version. Right now I am promising myself that this will be the last Fett, lets see how this goes. 😂

Last edited:
I just caved and ordered him from KGHobby. Already have the Deluxe Double and the Repaint Throne version. Right now I am promising myself that this will be the last Fett, lets see how this goes. 😂

I remember finding the POTF Boba figure in 1997(?) and saying the same thing. I don't think I've ever missed a Boba figure since:lol

I'm surprised that this Boba sold out very fast on SS. The show wasn't great but I like his design overall Boba with black outfit just looks cool as hell.

This new jetpack may be my favorite Boba accessory ever outside of his ESB helmet. They really nailed every detail of the 1/4 jetpack, down to the accurate attachment. I can’t imagine this 1/6th version being any less impressive.

View attachment 647825
Looking at the shots of the JP's sides they got those correct too so I feel its safe to assume it has the same attachment system including a miniature fidlock.

I've been puzzled that it both has the patch and seems to be a completely new jetpack by the details. Not sure if the idea is that he extensively rebuilt it, or if we're supposed to squint and imagine it always looked like this now.

I've been puzzled that it both has the patch and seems to be a completely new jetpack by the details. Not sure if the idea is that he extensively rebuilt it, or if we're supposed to squint and imagine it always looked like this now.

Rebuild with upgrades make the most sense to me. If this was the same jetpack Jango had, I’m sure there were upgrades to be had by the time the Mando time line takes place almost ~30 years later.

Would’ve been cool to get an updated Visual Dictionary with all these D+ shows to see what kind of canon explanation they could give. Shame that there isn’t yet.

The whole, it's his father armour makes little sense. Boba's armour looks different in TESB and ROTJ. Not just in colour but shape. Helmet and gauntlets.
Jango's armour is shaped differently from either set of Boba's armour from the OT.
Jango's helmet was destroyed in an episode of TCW (and it clearly wasn't beskar)
So what part of Jango's armour is Boba supposed to be wearing in the OT, Mando season 2 and BoBF?
He's so concerned about his father's armour but apparently doesn't care about the cod piece as that's been missing from Mando season 2 onwards.
To be fair though, given how ball-less he was in BoBF I guess damage already done and he no longer needs that cod piece.
Always made sense to me that Boba simply collected Mando armour and swapped pieces out as necessary. For some reason he swapped the helmet and gauntlets between TESB and ROTJ. Also repainted or outright swapped the jetpack.
As for the jetpack he wears in BoBF, that is really weird.
It can't be his father's jetpack as the one that most closely resembles this one was destroyed in the Obi-Wan fight.
The one he wears in the Geonosis arena is completely different.
It's also not made of beskar as it was so badly damaged by Han hitting it with a stick in ROTJ.
So why keep this crappy non beskar jetpack?
I guess he couldn't get his hands on a new one.

Back