1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman (Modern Suit) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the 89 batman film and though I have low expectations for flash, I still like this design.

As far as sideshow and their low stock preorders go, If i wait until a doll is released and miss out I can just buy it on the secondary market. I actually prefer that to an out of nowhere $300 charge I wasnt expecting. I know sideshow gives processing notuces but sometimes they are months before release, or a few days, or a week.

Why is everyone crapping on the flash when the early reviews have been great? If any movie is going to disappoint, it's Indy 5.

1685084758160.png

It's weird because I'm old but I have no desire to own old versions of these classic characters.

This
Star Wars OT Crew
Indiana Jones
Terminator
Rambo
Any and all

Just not falling for the nostalgia bait I guess:huh
Me too.
It’s maybe weird, but I don’t want my heroes getting old with me.
When I look at my DX09 I’m still this 8 years boy discovering Batman in 1989.

See I'm the opposite, i love keatons batman and I'm gonna get this figure only because it's keaton batman and I'm seeing the flash only for keaton, i felt he fit the burton films perfectly and i love their campiness. On the other hand, i don't like batfleck or the synder films and find them kinda boring

I do respect the difference of personal taste there for what it’s worth. Some people are going to love superheroes in different ways than I do, and that’s all part of the big tapestry of life, I reckon.

Ugh, I was so comfortable just having my neat lineup of one-HT-per-Batman actor, but now this has to look so good and I already have the new '89 preordered. Maybe I can cheat and have this in a separate display with Flash, even though I'm not even sure I want this version of Flash as a figure.

The reviews from the early screenings have been extremely positive, especially about Keaton, so no doubt I'll love this figure.

Confident we'll get the Flash as well as a final Batfleck figure. What chance of HT making Supergirl? Movie probably needs to make a ton of money for that to happen.

The hardcore Snyder fans will doubtless review bomb the movie. Hopefully it doesn't damage the box office too much. Just to be clear I'm a fan of Snyder's trilogy and wanted him to continue. Just tired of the more extreme members of his fanbase hating on everything non Snyder.

You know, even though the cape looks hideous in that display, the figure is looking cool and heroic.
I'd just so much rather have a 92 Batman with upgraded suit design and torn-off cowl/Bruce head from the finale.

The only thing I am a little worried about is what this suit is made out of. It's a bit hard to tell. They are saying it's better for articulation, which is awesome. I wonder if it's a little like the leather like pants on the Thor Infinity War figure. It looks

Either way, it looks fantastic. I think I'll be getting this one over the 92 version. It just looks a little better to me, as the name says, a more modern Batman.

I agree with people not wanting an aged version of their superhero when they can have one from their original run.

Still, I think the two figures could look bad ass next to each other and cannot fault the detail on this. First time I've truly been interested in picking up a Keaton Batman and I also grew up with that movie. The nostalgia has reignited my interest.

The only thing I am a little worried about is what this suit is made out of. It's a bit hard to tell. They are saying it's better for articulation, which is awesome. I wonder if it's a little like the leather like pants on the Thor Infinity War figure. I
Looks a bit like the Arkham knight pant suit. If that is the same material, I can't see it having much articulation. It does look more flexible than the rubber suit on the Val Kilmer Batman.

What I really don't like with the suit design is the cowl is in a fixed position.. like you're telling me Bruce Wayne didn't think that was a necessary upgrade in the last 30 years?

Last edited:
I would like the design more if they kept the yellow belt. It being black/silver just makes the entire suit look more dull than it already is.

And yeah that inner cape material being some sort of soft fabric instead of pleather like the outside is a bad contrast.
I wonder if that suit material is more like the Arkham Knight Batman suit - flexy plastic, like electrical tape.

I won't be picking up this figure but I have to admit that it looks fantastic.
I have no issues with the design. I see it as a blend between the 89 and TDK suits, as if bringing the 89 suit up to speed, tech-wise.

(I may given in and get it later on...)

Back