1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman (Modern Suit) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day one PO! This is the first time I’ve ever preordered a figure before I’ve seen the film. I’m usually adamantly against doing things like that. I couldn’t pass on Keaton Batman and with the way POs are going lately, I didn’t want to take any risks in securing this one.

awesome, will go nicely with the 89 rerelease. that Keaton sculpt looks like it might need a bit of tweaking but thats about it. Great looking figure.

The pessimist in me is more than a little concerned that HT is pushing early orders for this with bonuses that appear to go away before the movie makes it to theaters. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that seems like a strategy to load up on NRD’s before a stinker of a movie is released and demand peters out.

I’m going to see the movie before I place an order for this. I’m a huge batman fan, and I’ve got a good deal of batman stuff, but if I don’t like the movie, I won’t want the figure. If I really love the movie, I’ll pay the prevailing ebay premium “late tax” and pickup the extra bonus cowl later.

The pessimist in me is more than a little concerned that HT is pushing early orders for this with bonuses that appear to go away before the movie makes it to theaters. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that seems like a strategy to load up on NRD’s before a stinker of a movie is released and demand peters out.

I’m going to see the movie before I place an order for this. I’m a huge batman fan, and I’ve got a good deal of batman stuff, but if I don’t like the movie, I won’t want the figure. If I really love the movie, I’ll pay the prevailing ebay premium “late tax” and pickup the extra bonus cowl later.
Beware of the “ Low Stock “ threat that SS has been pulling on us collectors for the preorders lately

That “low stock” warning usually means they only have a few copies of something that hasn’t sold in months ;)
Not with the preorders…it started with a bunch of SW pre orders ..then shifted to Marvel pre orders like She Hulk and so on :dunno

Not with the preorders…it started with a bunch of SW pre orders ..then shifted to Marvel pre orders like She Hulk and so on :dunno
My bad - you’re right - I was thinking about stuff they had in stock.

The low stock thing sounds like something they learned watching Joost. When he issues a low stock warning on pre-orders, he usually sells out shortly thereafter and starts a waitlist. It’s been pretty successful for him.

My bad - you’re right - I was thinking about stuff they had in stock.

The low stock thing sounds like something they learned watching Joost. When he issues a low stock warning on pre-orders, he usually sells out shortly thereafter and starts a waitlist. It’s been pretty successful for him.
:exactly: I know SS is using this as marketing strategy but I think with the messed up economy we are in right now..It’s not wise to do this IMO because they are going to get people annoyed where they don‘t trust SS anymore

349124395_1246183776019280_7229902189636732528_n.jpg

I like the Roy Batty sculpt it comes with.

Seeing it in bright light like that, I don't care for the design -- overly designed chest, plain legs. Looks unbalanced.

Also, the material inside the cape is terrible. That can't be accurate.

I would like the design more if they kept the yellow belt. It being black/silver just makes the entire suit look more dull than it already is.

And yeah that inner cape material being some sort of soft fabric instead of pleather like the outside is a bad contrast.

h2QU16G.png

Also, the material inside the cape is terrible. That can't be accurate.
Probably isn't. But HT is doing what every other custom cape maker does which is not care about a lining. They see Jaxon and Unreal doing it while making $70 per custom cape so why should they. Plus, most ppl complain about the lining adding unnecessary thickness to the cape anyway. I remember a lot of ppl removing it from the DX09 cape

It looks great to me. This new batsuit looks amazing and I have no issue how looks with the black silver belt. It makes since this is the evolution of the 89 Batsuit, I see why they call it the modern suit as it's in a new modern Era.

There is surprisingly a lot of opinions and arguments on Keaton and The Flash movie here. "I like this, I don't like that" etc. The movie is literally weeks away, why not just wait before we pass judgement?

I for one, am not too worried about Keaton-- if you don't like him from the start that's great. If he sucks in this new movie I doubt it will take away the legacy of the 89 film since without it we wouldn't have Batman as he is today.

If anything, I'm more concerned for Batfleck more than Keaton. As a person who never liked his characterization in the DCEU, I'm praying this will finally fix him, make him cool and Batman I want to root for. Just because I don't like how he was written doesn't mean I don't like his casting, acting, aesthetics etc and since he's no longer playing Batman I'm really hoping this will be his swan song.

Interesting that they seemed to have taken a bit from InArt by doing a bit of a plain background for most of the shots instead of the heavily photoshopped pics on every single one. They seem to be doing this more often now

I sorta feel the same especially regarding the suit. '89 suit deserves this level of attention to detail
I went back and looked at the pics of the 89 2.0 and the quality of this vs. that is like night and day. The fact that whether or not the likeness/faceplates on that sculpt are better or worse than the DX 09’s, a figure from 10 years ago, is even a debate kind of exemplifies what a lacking offering it is. The fact that they went back to the same, inaccurate rubber onesie, after all these years; really the best parts of the thing are the base and the cowl and, at that point, it makes me feel like waiting a decade to see if InArt puts out an 89 two-pack complete with real, rooted Jheri curl and allowing old man Douglas to warm my shelves in the meantime.:lol

Back