1/6 Hot Toys - The Book of Boba Fett: R5-D4, Pit Droid and BD-72 set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i would love to have that BD droid, but I will pay that price when hell freezes over.

This set will lauguish in the warehouse at that price point. Wait for a sale, I say.

It’s a shame these weren’t released with a Peli Motto figure. Would have been all in then.

If they make her before we get ARCs Fives and Echo, or before we get Wolffe I will burn. Down. The. World.

Theyd best kriffing NOT!

I can see it now: a two pack with her and her jawa boyfriend and we aint got no Fives or even a 212th reg. *vomitreact*

I don’t think the price is great, but at the same time these are three unique moulds that don’t have a lot of reuse value beyond this set.

It’s kinda view it like the Jawa and Gonk set I passed on and regret not getting so I’m probably going to get it eventually.

Maybe I’ll try and sell my Sideshow R5 to offset some of the cost of this new set.

If they make it cheaper, they sell it more, and still cover the cost of moulds.

I don't buy this unique mould excuse any more. If they are unique, costly, and don't have high demand, then don't produce it and focus on key characters. If you decided to produce it, don't hind behind mould cost excuses.

B9340B61-6E0C-4A00-8D99-BBC25B0FF767.jpeg

They really should have included the hologram of Tatooine he uses in The Marshal episode and maybe a magnetic base for BD and the Pit Droid, similar to the Rey and D-0 set. They did have a hex base at SDCC for Pit and BD

$265 seems fair to me. R5 is around the same size as R2, plus you get two other droids included. I just sold the SS R5 for £300 and there was a lot of interest at that price. The SS is very hard to beat imo, but clearly there are a lot of people out there who missed out on that figure, so I’m sure they’ll happily pay out $265 for a set like this.

I’m ok with the price. I’m really only in it for R5 though

Just looked through my old orders at bbts. Apparently I have the Jawa with gonk somewhere around here.

Last edited:
Deluxe R2-D2 alone was $255 something now people have the audacity to complain about this set price ?

But didn’t that R2 come with a crap ton of attachments and compartments? These don’t have anything. A basic droid, a Wall-E without tracks, and a Rice-Paddy Droid. Seems a bit steep.

If they make it cheaper, they sell it more, and still cover the cost of moulds.

I don't buy this unique mould excuse any more. If they are unique, costly, and don't have high demand, then don't produce it and focus on key characters. If you decided to produce it, don't hind behind mould cost excuses.
Also, if reuse potential had any bearing on pricing, you’d assume characters comprised of mostly reused parts would be a bit cheaper.
Cobb Vanth’s pricing certainly didn’t benefit one bit from all the reused Boba armour.

I was at Toys R US in Vancouver and they seemed to have fully stock three shelves with Ultimate figures. They were all priced at $59.99 + 12% tax. There were a few pieces I would have like in my collection but at that price I couldn't care less. No desire to buy even one. Same applied to Hot Toys recently I couldn't care less with their releases.

I was at Toys R US in Vancouver and they seemed to have fully stock three shelves with Ultimate figures. They were all priced at $59.99 + 12% tax. There were a few pieces I would have like in my collection but at that price I couldn't care less. No desire to buy even one. Same applied to Hot Toys recently I couldn't care less with their releases.
I blame Disney for all their crap content recently.

Andor is ok but it’s not exactly high paced. The rest ie Book of Boba, Obi Wan, Bad Batch were all average at best.

Deluxe R2-D2 alone was $255 something now people have the audacity to complain about this set price ?
That’s actually a good point. Granted these three aren’t as important but R5 and R2 are the same price and you’re getting two more droids. On the other hand R2 had electronics whereas these don’t.

Also, if reuse potential had any bearing on pricing, you’d assume characters comprised of mostly reused parts would be a bit cheaper.
Cobb Vanth’s pricing certainly didn’t benefit one bit from all the reused Boba armour.
But kind of cheating Cobb Vanth as a Boba Fett variant but not a variant may have also raised his price.

Back