1/6 Hot Toys - The Book of Boba Fett: R5-D4, Pit Droid and BD-72 set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thankfully the jawas haven't run off with my Sideshow one - it's still looks great!

R5-D4_009.jpg

Why that droid wasn’t broken down and stripped for parts the day his motivator blew and embarrassed the Jawas, I’ll never know.
Well I do know. It’s the age old Star Wars trope of ‘Oh my God, it’s that thing I’ve seen before! I ‘member that!’

While that is the case unnecessarily sometimes, R5-D4 is wonderful and its second chance at the limelight is well deserved. R5-D4 is unironically one of my favorite anythings from Star Wars.

Why that droid wasn’t broken down and stripped for parts the day his motivator blew

R5-D4 was functional aside from the motivator. Wouldn't make sense to scrap a working droid with just one bad part.

embarrassed the Jawas

Jawas have zero shame. Zero. They don't care. I doubt they'd be embarrassed about most anything, let alone a simple droid malfunction.

Mando even vaporized a bunch of them and they didn't care.

All they care about is money and making deals.

star-wars-jawa.gif

Makes me wonder if R2 had a secret chat with him...

"R5 mate, if you get picked, any chance you can blow a motivator or something so they'll pick me instead? I've got the Death Star plans here and I need to find some Kenobi dude?"

"Say no more. That Owen sounds like a right arse anyway"

Makes me wonder if R2 had a secret chat with him...

"R5 mate, if you get picked, any chance you can blow a motivator or something so they'll pick me instead? I've got the Death Star plans here and I need to find some Kenobi dude?"

"Say no more. That Owen sounds like a right arse anyway"
In the "From a Certain Point of View: A New Hope" he did and that is basically how it went down :ROFLMAO:

It seems this set is available in HK. Nearly missed the news on Hot Toys FB page.

It seems this set is available in HK. Nearly missed the news on Hot Toys FB page.

Is it? It looked like they were just promoting it to coincide with the droids appearing in Mando S3. Still says reserve and they just reposted the original promos.

Might be a slower seller they’re trying to boost with an association to The Mandalorian instead of TBOBF.

8C75D999-86AB-4D32-AE27-988DABC7A01B.jpeg

My bad. Thought this was actually a release post. They gotta have a very hard time selling those if they feel the need to promote the set again.

My bad. Thought this was actually a release post. They gotta have a very hard time selling those if they feel the need to promote the set again.

No worries. It was unusual of them to post something like that.

It might end up like the Jawa and Gonk set. I love R5 and Droids in general but like that set, this just does not feel like a great deal.

It should really have come with 2 more Pit Droids or a Treadwell at least.

They’ve yet to find a good balance with these types of sets that primarily bundle small figures and/or accessories.

Last edited:
No worries. It was unusual of them to post something like that.

It might end up like the Jawa and Gonk set. I love R5 and Droids in general but like that set, this just does not feel like a great deal.

It should really have come with 2 more Pit Droids or a Treadwell at least.

They’ve yet to find a good balance with these types of sets that primarily bundle small figures and/or accessories.

One of a few Star Wars sets i passed on myself. If it ever hit 50% off, that's one item i could see myself buying from TW and wait 6 months for it to be delivered thru their slow boat shipping option :p

Just decided to see what Sideshow is charging for this, thought having R5 would be cool after his appearance in the last Mando episode, but good lord this set is not worth $265 lol. I can get Koska Reeves for $5 more. That's absurd pricing for an astromech and two small droids.

Back