1/6 Hot Toys - The Book of Boba Fett: R5-D4, Pit Droid and BD-72 set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throw in the Rat Catcher droid and we have a deal!
https://cdn.imagearchive.com/sideshowcollectors/data/attach/397/397952-Droid-Rat-Catcher.JPG
droid-rat-catcher-jpg.589424
View attachment 589424
As laughable as that whole chase scene and ep. was, the robbit would actually make a fun figure to have.
61x8ez.gif

6skxt2.gif

Last edited:
I'm happy with the Sideshow OT R5 that I have. The Pit Droid would been better served as a three pack, and the last one looks like something cobbled together to sell at the SW Disney mall, er, Galleria's Edge.
And at that price point... at least the HT Artoo offered the die-cast dome, lots of scene making appendages and the sound-light gimmicks with a classic, legendary character at that big price.

This just seems like an overpriced, hastily grouped set that might've been more attractive on the convention exclusive circuit.

Pass.

I was at Toys R US in Vancouver and they seemed to have fully stock three shelves with Ultimate figures. They were all priced at $59.99 + 12% tax. There were a few pieces I would have like in my collection but at that price I couldn't care less. No desire to buy even one. Same applied to Hot Toys recently I couldn't care less with their releases.
Same. Absolutely nothing on the horizon for me. I’m excited about the mars toys 66 joker and other potential 66 villains, but that’s it. I used to check this site a million times a day, but now, once or twice. I really hope they make a rogue one cassian. No interest in one from the show. I know it’s supposed to be a slow build but this show is a cure for insomnia.

I like the set, considering R2's price I don't think the price for this set is crazy although really 2 pit droids are needed right? Also the pit droid needs something; a tool or a part or something. He literally has nothing as a mechanic.

There's no indication the pit droid can fold up, right? The TBS version can get 80% of the way to fully collapsed, but I suppose it's harder to cheat the CG transformation when you're going for total screen accuracy.

There's no indication the pit droid can fold up, right? The TBS version can get 80% of the way to fully collapsed, but I suppose it's harder to cheat the CG transformation when you're going for total screen accuracy.
Nothing in the pictures suggest it unfortunately. The knees have to extend sideways to fold up, the black series (droid factory) one folds in a slightly different way.

Attachments

• 0F337E0B-8446-425E-B588-61724FD9EF7B.jpeg
    0F337E0B-8446-425E-B588-61724FD9EF7B.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 0
Nothing in the pictures suggest it unfortunately. The knees have to extend sideways to fold up, the black series (droid factory) one folds in a slightly different way.

I thought that too. They could have at least included a folded up version to sweeten the deal.

Wow, I didn't think full collapse was possible physically. Kudos to black series.

Black Series can't get quite all the way there, though it's surprisingly close thanks to some very intricate jointing. I think the pic above is a movie model render.

Oh, I thought it was a real one.
Oh sorry, should’ve specified.
This pic is the black series one, the legs overlap a bit rather than side by side. It’s very close.

Attachments

• 305321E1-D8FB-4725-8B44-F445A654007C.jpeg
    305321E1-D8FB-4725-8B44-F445A654007C.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
I love Droids and I'll probably get these with some coupons and rewards. But this is one of Hot Toys biggest problems. They release certain things from a certain scene or set or team and then say screw the rest. Don't get me wrong, I can make an interesting display setup with this for sure, but idk.

On the other hand... I imagine this is them trying to find the middle ground between accessory packs and full figure sets.

Stuff like Grogu accessories and Mk50 iron man weapons set have kinda hung around. They weren't exactly cheap either.

So that could be why they don't want to do something like a pit droid 3 pack or what not. It would likely be somewhat pricey for what you get.

This way they can sneak in a couple fun accessories that people that want an R5 may enjoy.

There's going to be a lot of shops with a lot of peg warmers at these prices. I'm holding out on all figures if possible until the USD comes back down.

Not that I would buy these guys anyway.
Thing is, I can't see pre-order numbers being high for most of the recent pre-order items. So if lower numbers of the item are made......

Anyone relying on non-USD buyers is in a tricky position. Local sellers are already taking around $160 USD for Echo and also way under retail price for the bluurg. Anything else releasing in the near future will probably go the same way.

Back