1/6 Hot Toys - The Book of Boba Fett: R5-D4, Pit Droid and BD-72 set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, that price, and you aren't getting much. Neat set, but feels like a filler week for Hot Toys, this isn't going to be some best seller or anything like that.

You'll probably get this for 10-15% off with free shipping a few months after it hits Sideshow's warehouse.

I only really want the R5. This is probably going to be a "wait for it to be in stock and use a code on it" purchase.

All this time waiting for R5 and he arrives via Disney +. What a sad sad story!. Why no love for bases with R5 and R2. Give them their plaque HT’s. Prices pretty much have me checked out of this hobby. Desire, temptation the cornerstones emotions for us collectors have pretty much been removed.

I don’t get this logic of wanting a character but rejecting it because it’s from a Disney+ series. R5-D4 probably was never in the cards from Hot Toys until The Mandalorian came along.

I agree the set is expensive for what it is and I’d prefer to get it at a discount but I would like the droids in this set.

Am I going crazy or is that price absolutely insane for 3 tiny fully plastic droids?

$265 for these 3? Not even a hint of diecast to back it up? Pricing for this hobby is just getting way too out of hand for what's being offered.

SDIiteo.png

Yep, its a pricey set but R2 alone was $270. Granted R2 has a lot of little attachments but still. $225 for this would’ve been easier to take for sure.

Am I going crazy or is that price absolutely insane for 3 tiny fully plastic droids?

$265 for these 3? Not even a hint of diecast to back it up? Pricing for this hobby is just getting way too out of hand for what's being offered.

SDIiteo.png

Yup its insane, collectors should definitely wait this set out unless they have rewards that are expiring or coupons to use.

This release makes me happy. I love droids, particularly the ones that contribute to comic relief. Hopefully, we also get a Peli Motto figure.

I’m so tired of this crap from HT, but this might be the worst one yet.

2 pics that show us BD has a freakin’ head, 3 pics that show us the pit droid is poseable and another 1 pic of R5 that show us he has a front side. The second R5 is acceptable as it shows us a couple of pop-up parts.

So they’re highlighting how amazingly basic this set is. They use to save these pics for the highlights of the item, but lately they just zoom in on some random part and now it’s special. :dunno
C5074E67-32DC-450C-9943-18AC2F037A72.jpeg

Last edited:
Back