1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin (Upgraded Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These hexagonal bases are just so tacky, classless and cheap.
It’s like HT have fully leant into the character/logo design style stands that are all over eBay.
You’d think $400 would pay for something… more.

I’m a big fan of diorama style bases/ slices of a scene that enhance and add to a display so something like this statue would be fun in a less cartoonish style. So dynamic
View attachment 604071

Or this brilliant combination of SooSoo’s thruster effects paired with Mysterio’s green mist for a more subtle flight pose
View attachment 604072

Chuck the cheap flight stand in as well but offer a proper deluxe package that utilises every opportunity to create a great display piece.
Ayy that’s my SooSoo Goblin! I still have an extra green Mysterio smoke that I’ll probably pair with this figure as well.

Little photoshop edit of what I'm gonna try going for as an alternative look. Grab the mask from the first version and use it with this outfit.

A72k6UP.png

Not worried about sellouts anymore. If I cant get it at a discount I can live without it. Very few figures are must have for me anymore and they usually involve DC properties that HT generally ignores anyway.

Ayy that’s my SooSoo Goblin! I still have an extra green Mysterio smoke that I’ll probably pair with this figure as well.

Little photoshop edit of what I'm gonna try going for as an alternative look. Grab the mask from the first version and use it with this outfit.

A72k6UP.png
This is what I was planning too :hi5:

For me it's more about taking advantage of the various discounts that stores have early on. I could preorder this for $386 shipped now and have it locked in, or wait and scramble around to find a deal when it releases, and likely have to pay more in shipping and taxes and who knows what.

Maybe some here have great luck at doing things that way, but I certainly don't. And I don't want to wait 3 or 4 months for a possible discount from TBA or Toys Wonderland. And Sideshow is never an option for those of us in CA.
For me, I would rather have paid $191 (not including tax) and $5 shipping for endgame thor rather than $300.

I think endgame thanos was free shipping and over $100 off. Yeah I would have needed to wait a year but its not a big deal.

As for hot toys possibly lowering production, first I doubt that but maybe, but at the rate of their pricing increase they will lose more buyers anyway.

$300 per doll is not sustainable for most people.

Lastly and I think this is especially true for this figure, for whatever reason villains are just not popular with collectors. As cool as this one is, just like thanos its going to linger in warehouses.

For me, I would rather have paid $191 (not including tax) and $5 shipping for endgame thor rather than $300.

I think endgame thanos was free shipping and over $100 off. Yeah I would have needed to wait a year but its not a big deal.

As for hot toys possibly lowering production, first I doubt that but maybe, but at the rate of their pricing increase they will lose more buyers anyway.

Lastly and I think this is especially true for this figure, for whatever reason villains are just not popular with collectors. As cool as this one is, just like thanos its going to linger in warehouses.
I definitely agree with you there. I don't have this need to have a figure right on release anymore so I don't mind waiting before buying one, especially if it usually means I can probably get it at a discount later. I normally can find a new one on eBay for below MSRP or get a discount from somewhere else if you wait long enough. Of course, that mindset also depends on the character, right? At least for me. There are some where I'll order early on b/c I definitely want it and don't mind paying full price. But for the most part, I'd rather wait for the discount mostly b/c these things don't sell out like they used to. Just look at the recent exclusive MK46. Ppl were freaking out and paying crazy prices for it, now Sideshow has it and it's still not sold out. Same thing will happen with Strike Suit Cap. It's going to sit at SS for awhile I bet.

And to your point about villains, that's the irony. Collectors get mad when HT doesn't make any villains or the either team members, but then you see those same figures that ppl were asking for just sit at retailers collecting dust until they finally put them at a discount. I mean sideshow used to just send ppl free figures with an order b/c they had so much stock.

I wish they would include a second, shorter flight stand for displaying him closer to the ground. Love the way this looks but 8” up in the air like that is going to make fitting him on a shelf really difficult.
Uhhh, just bend the dynamic stand? Or am I missing something lol???

Well as great a villain as Thanos was, he still made for a fairly boring action figure that you couldn't really do much with, so it didn't surprise me that he wasn't a huge seller. I don't think that will be as much of a problem with these Spidey villains.

Eh - Mysterio, Hella and I believe every Loki sold out without ever hitting discount or special offer like free shipping. $400+ figures like Thanos tend to sit more due to their price I think rather than villains having issue selling. So for that reason, the Goblins with gliders might sit for a bit due to cost. I think a good one to keep an eye on for comparison right now is how long does the $390 Boba Fett with Throne set remain available; it’s a new release so we’d have a better sense of how many extra Sideshow bought beyond their pre-order fulfillment.

Uhhh, just bend the dynamic stand? Or am I missing something lol???
It’s hard to put an S bend in those stands in a way that dramatically alters the height without causing the figure to become unbalanced and tippy.

mysterio is still not sold out o sideshow just waitlisted so thats not a done deal yet. The dark world loki hung around a long time before being discounted out

from the loki TDW thread:
That looks really good. Been looking for a TDW Loki for a good price so I can do the samem
BBTS still has him for a little under retail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, still not really feeling this head sculpt, and definitely not $400 feeling it.

Not much in this hobby getting me excited anymore tbh. A few crumbs here and there.

Back