1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Electro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks a bit old for some reason, but the likeness is definitely there. Problem is I can't imagine ever displaying him with the cheesy lightning effects, and they're kind of a key part of his character...
It’ll soften up in production anyway.

Those exposed elbow joints are a no go for me. So far I am only getting goblin, octopus mysterio for the spider villians.

Those exposed elbow joints are a no go for me. So far I am only getting goblin, octopus mysterio for the spider villians.
Prefer elbow joints than seamless skin to do some decent poses. Besides, between the elbow pads, the cabling and the lighting effects seems pretty easy to cover up. All over looks really good, I think with the right lighting and angle that star mask could look great.

Figure and sculpt look good, just not a fan of the design. Makes practical sense, but just not appealing. I'll stick with Ock and Goblin.

I’m getting far more selective with my collecting now as display space is hitting maximum capacity.

Beyond the JF sculpt, there isn’t much else for me to enjoy with this release. It’s a typically generic and uninspired approach by Marvel to ground a character when what they excel at is the comic accurate looks. Shocker was a real… shocker.

Electro has never really appealed to me either but a full blown, camp AF, bright green and yellow bodysuit with OTT star face would be a lot more eye catching on the shelf.

Just change his origin to a brilliant scientist who got fired and ended up working on a kids science tv show doing electricity based demonstrations. They could provide the suit, the name and bobs your uncle, justification for camp.

I love me some Spidey villains but the only thing I care for with this Electro is the face of the actor who plays him. That’s not enough to make me pay the price HT will slap on this.

FB_IMG_1651154315123.jpg
FB_IMG_1651154541552.jpg
FB_IMG_1651154546013.jpg

It looks good, don't mind the exposed joints as the straps on the arms do a decent job of covering them up, sculpt is great, once again HT nails the likeness on the characters people care less about lol, now waiting for them to show us Tobey and Andrew so I can decide whether or not I want to spend $$$ on the whole line or not.

It is indeed a great likeness. Doesn’t look particularly villainous though. It’s purely Jamie Fox- so will be a good starting point for tons of custom figures.

I think people are tired of prices increasing while quality just doesn't improve. These lightning effects have been the same since the early Thors, just yellow instead now. Throw in the long waits and HT being behind...it's a tough situation. I personally think it looks good overall but people are definitely allowed to be critical of what is in essence a dude with some wires in a vest and pants being 285 plus shipping and taxes. Cyborg with all the features he has is only 30 dollars more.

Head sculpt is great though I definitely agree.
I won't purchase until Hot Toys includes actual lightning.

He looks pretty damn good with the classic lightning face mask. Might pick this up to go with Garfield's Spidey figure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSiFP9o.jpg

“The power is different. I like it.” - Electro

Electro is back, and he’s stronger than ever. Jamie Foxx returns as classic Spidey villain Electro, last seen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, opposite the web-slinger played by Andrew Garfield. In Spider-Man: No Way Home, Tom Holland’s Peter Parker accidentally cracks open the Multiverse via a Doctor Strange-spell gone horribly wrong and finds himself face to face with this new foe, Electro.

Adding variety to your Spider-Man: No Way Home collection, Hot Toys is thrilled to present the power boosted Electro as 1/6th scale collectible figure inspired by his new look.

Meticulously crafted based on Electro’s appearance in the movie, the movie-accurate figure features a newly developed head sculpt of Max Dillon a.k.a. Electro with stunning likeness; a detail recreation of his practical outfit with real-like cables; lightning effect accessories including a star-shaped mask inspired by his original design from comic pages; and a figure stand.

Collect the brand new figure for your Spidey foe display!

az5DkLY.jpg
hOaV2Wj.jpg

6hIzqSP.jpg

0K9CQu1.jpg
2sDSdEM.jpg

9mLyRI5.jpg
ecCrlPK.jpg
GUSyAhd.jpg
4JMzEo7.jpg

Wow Electro looks dang good!!! :panic:

I do agree the movie costume looks a bit uninspired, but I still enjoyed the character in the movie. The little bits of the suit look sharp, and of course the head sculpt is fire!!

I wonder why they didn't include the jacket to help justify the overprice they are gonna ask for this figure.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.23.30 AM.png

This figure looks fantastic, and is definitley going on my Spidey shelf. I really find the complaints here baffling.

The headsculpt is incredible. The lightning effects look awesome, how could you want an ELECTRO figure with no electric!? Arm joints don't bother me at all on this release either. Probably gonna pose him with the electric star mask on most of the time as it looks unique and stands out.

Seems pretty consistent given recent price increases for, well, everything. Good luck waiting for them to come back down to $250 or whatever.
Well aware, doesn’t mean I’m willing to accept or pay it. This figure comes with nothing of value.

I could see this being a bargain bin figure anyway, but I won’t lose any sleep over missing out on it.

Back