1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doctor Strange Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cumberbatch has the worst wig in the entire MCU. Reminds me of those fake rubber elvis ones.

We’ll at least it’s canonical that he dyes his beard at least so his hair looking fake isn’t entirely out of character now. You’d think magic could fix that though :lol

Do you think Hot Toys will announce more figures ( I have seen the movie )
The movie has no release date in China yet and isn't out globally yet for a couple more weeks. It's probably going to be awhile before they do anything that could be a spoiler.

Oh yes. Lack of merch for villains and other spoilery suits across the board. I like to think there is a two week window here at least from opening day to keep some stuff secret. Hardly, as most of it was out in the wild weeks before movie release :lol

Oh yes. Lack of merch for villains and other spoilery suits across the board. I like to think there is a two week window here at least from opening day to keep some stuff secret. Hardly, as most of it was out in the wild weeks before movie release :lol
I’m waiting for the other suits 🤣🤣🤣

Ditto unless there's something really interesting about MoM.
And also I ratcheted back on the MCU - for me the golden years wound up with Civil War. Got a few IW figs. Also Star Wars Mando etc. is sucking up my cash.

I'd like the 2012 Cap; but not racing to acquire as already have the rest of the Caps except EG. I didn't like the materials shift to the plasticy canvas for one thing.
I think Marvel fatigue and Mando success is having similar effects on most people. Other than MoM there's nothing Marvel related I'm looking forward to, my youngest son already told me the Spider-Man spoilers so he saved me the cash going to the theaters, I'll wait to stream on D+ :LOL:

RIP sales for this figure. Everyone else going to just buy the MoM version.

It's a Marvel movie, so HT will definitely milk it. Other than what's already been shown, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 5 to 7 figures. Listing those guesses would get into spoiler territory.

I'm surprised by this figure. There's a strange on the way. I know they think they might sell some to people that don't have a strange yet but those people would've bought the new version anyway? The new version will probably have a new sculpt and make this and previous versions kinda obsolete.

Doesn't HT have factory problems? They're going to allocate time to this figure when they could be producing other things that will appeal to a wider audience. Seems odd. Maybe they don't have factory problems anymore? I was under the impression all the figures had to wait in line and that's why a re-release doesn't just immediately come out even though there's no R&D involved.

On the other hand, Black and Gold Spidey kinda came out of nowhere so maybe their production times have drastically changed?

I'm surprised by this figure. There's a strange on the way. I know they think they might sell some to people that don't have a strange yet but those people would've bought the new version anyway? The new version will probably have a new sculpt and make this and previous versions kinda obsolete.

Doesn't HT have factory problems? They're going to allocate time to this figure when they could be producing other things that will appeal to a wider audience. Seems odd. Maybe they don't have factory problems anymore? I was under the impression all the figures had to wait in line and that's why a re-release doesn't just immediately come out even though there's no R&D involved.

On the other hand, Black and Gold Spidey kinda came out of nowhere so maybe their production times have drastically changed?
If I needed a new Strange and just seen the trailer, no way would I get this one if I wanted just one Strange in my collection. Too much goodness coming from DS: MoM. Hero costume has a lighter blue design over the darker blue robe. Defender Strange and an Evil Strange also in it for different looks as well. Heck, just the powers from the trailer look more intriguing than what he used in NWH.

I preordered this on sideshow cause no NRD. But I'll probably cancel it when Multiverse of Madness Strange goes up. Saw the trailer on YT (didn't feel like staying after the NWH credits to see it) and I'm glad he has the more comic inspired suit with the blue crest design on his chest. Plus Defender Strange and Evil Strange will also be on my want list.

If I needed a new Strange and just seen the trailer, no way would I get this one if I wanted just one Strange in my collection. Too much goodness coming from DS: MoM. Hero costume has a lighter blue design over the darker blue robe. Defender Strange and an Evil Strange also in it for different looks as well. Heck, just the powers from the trailer look more intriguing than what he used in NWH.

He's got the Strange logo on his chest. Also, no more blue wraps on the forearms and boots. I think the boots are different too. The EYE of Agamoto is more comic accurate now. the belt around his waist is smaller, less convoluted. I hope HT make the main costume from Dr Strange 2.

quIP6Nq.jpg

QB7uSs7.jpg

New costume

O9hwEsT.jpg
RAQJtIc.jpg

old costume
7ALe4nr.jpg

Last edited:
They really cleaned up his look and made the comic features very prominent. Nice. Also, the back of the cloak has a new patch of gold and blue. You can see it in the other shots.

The old suit always had the aspects from the comic, but it was covered up by a lot of complicated/busy designs.

Back