1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good gravy; extremely surprised at how harsh this thread is going. I don’t own a Robocop so I used some expiring rewards and enthusiastically ordered the special edition a few days ago. Probably the only of all the timed release items that will get me to PO a figure (though I may go ahead and also get Wolverine for that extra piece). Must not be many Iron Man collectors in here? I’m already used to having *only* a swappable battle-damage chest included from owning my Mk 45, Mk 46, and WM Mk 3 figures.

With another rubber dome that will be sure to rot in only 3 months!

:lol

ED-209 limited edition with BD Robocop 3 helmet…

The BD chest plate on this is inaccurate too isn’t it? I vaguely remember it looking like a dent in the breast plate area.

The BD chest plate on this is inaccurate too isn’t it? I vaguely remember it looking like a dent in the breast plate area.
The battle damage is straight lifted from their Robocop 1 release, it's not from 2 or 3.
If they were going to include a damaged chest I would have preferred R2 this time. But I'm sure they're saving that for their next release in a few years when they release the "It's robocop again, this time with the accessories you actually want" version. They're gonna milk this as long as they can. That's why they did this half-assed Robocop 3 bundle first, because they know people are thirsty for this paint job but still wanna squeeze you again in a few years for the actual Robocop 2 release that people want.

Last edited:
Definitely not unexpected. Honestly, I am thrilled when I see Hot Toys release something that is NOT- Star Wars, Marvel, or DC........ But not for this guy... Fake RobertCop... and definitely NOT worth the price for this specific figure. I would maybe spend $3.00 on it so I could scrap it for some parts and then light it on fire.

Seriously though $4-450 really isn't that bad if you compare it to what PCS has been jacking their prices up to for the 1/3 statues that are coming out. Now that is INSANE!

What IS unexpected is that they released this POS figure... In my opinion, this isn't even Robocop and definitely not counted as part of the franchise. This is one of my favorite characters and the 1987 cult classic is undeniably badass and holds up today. Even part 2 from 1990 was decent enough... I mean at least Peter Weller showed up to work to play the main character in the first two. This third one was an abomination and just overall wet hot flaming dumpster trash.

I would rather spend money on this guy. ---->
RoboColonel-e1550857324621.jpg

I lucked out years back and landed the reg Robo (no chair / not battle damaged) and ED209 together for $500. Definitely a couple of my favorite pieces. Might go back at some point and hunt down the damaged 87 Robo and would absolutely LOVE to see Clarence Bottiger, Emil Antonowsky, or Officer Anne Lewis come out!

Seriously though, Hot Toys... Do better.

Definitely not unexpected. Honestly, I am thrilled when I see Hot Toys release something that is NOT- Star Wars, Marvel, or DC........ But not for this guy... Fake RobertCop... and definitely NOT worth the price for this specific figure. I would maybe spend $3.00 on it so I could scrap it for some parts and then light it on fire.

Seriously though $4-450 really isn't that bad if you compare it to what PCS has been jacking their prices up to for the 1/3 statues that are coming out. Now that is INSANE!

What IS unexpected is that they released this POS figure... In my opinion, this isn't even Robocop and definitely not counted as part of the franchise. This is one of my favorite characters and the 1987 cult classic is undeniably badass and holds up today. Even part 2 from 1990 was decent enough... I mean at least Peter Weller showed up to work to play the main character in the first two. This third one was an abomination and just overall wet hot flaming dumpster trash.

I would rather spend money on this guy. ---->
View attachment 592756

I lucked out years back and landed the reg Robo (no chair / not battle damaged) and ED209 together for $500. Definitely a couple of my favorite pieces. Might go back at some point and hunt down the damaged 87 Robo and would absolutely LOVE to see Clarence Bottiger, Emil Antonowsky, or Officer Anne Lewis come out!

Seriously though, Hot Toys... Do better.
My man this is literally their Robocop 1 Peter Weller figure, mouth plates and all, with a more movie accurate paint job and some Robocop 3 accessories a person can just leave in the box. It’s a great $375 option for people that missed the original release nine years ago.

My man this is literally their Robocop 1 Peter Weller figure, mouth plates and all, with a more movie accurate paint job and some Robocop 3 accessories a person can just leave in the box. It’s a great $375 option for people that missed the original release nine years ago.
My Robocop 3 jet pack will never leave the box. 😆

It's accurate to R1, not R3 but even then it's missing the BD helmet that came with the previous release to match up so this BD chestplate barely has any real function for this release unfortunately.

I'm fairly certain in RoboCop 3 they actually reused the battle damaged chest from the second film. He is briefly BD at the midway point when protecting the church.

I'm fairly certain in RoboCop 3 they actually reused the battle damaged chest from the second film. He is briefly BD at the midway point when protecting the church.

Probably true as the R3 suit was Peter Weller's suit from R2, only thing new were the jaw piece, neck coverings and the paint scheme that goes back to R1.

Back