1/6 Hot Toys - MMS648 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Clone Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Clone Pilot wasn't even popping into my mind when I think of clones honestly. The second I saw it though, I know I needed it lol.

Such a simple but cool design and the TCW helmet is just a cherry on the top. Also makes me want a Imperial Tie Pilot asap.

I probably wouldn't have bought if the CW helmet wasn't included but I do really like them both. So good on HT, I went from buying zero to two because they went a step further.

A HT OT Tie Pilot is indeed one of their biggest oversights. I have a pair of the Sideshow from way back and I really like them but I would almost certainly buy another pair from HT. Of course they made the ST pilots :slap

I think my display of this would be 2 regular clones posed helping him as if he’s injured after a crash, since he looks beat to ****.

Don't forget Hawk.

9168b4123b231e85c466d9a608b08d46.jpg

What good is a pilot if you have nothing for him to pilot @JazzInc?
My favorite Hasbro vehicle for years - regret selling it when I got into 1/6.

The whole ship would be too huge obviously in 1/6, but a JazzInc front part of the gunship would be awesome - just the cockpit, two ball turrets and a small part of the cargo deck.

Jazz does minor downscaling of many of the things he builds anyway (like the carbon freeze chamber where parts are reduced) so the whole thing could be reduiced in scale so it's just under 2ft tall and 18" long.

It'd be an awesome display opportunity for two pilots, two clone gunners and a clone or two with Yoda/Mace etc.

So just from the green line forward, and reduced in scale by maybe 15%

30Gcd5q.jpg

The whole ship would be too huge obviously in 1/6, but a JazzInc front part of the gunship would be awesome - just the cockpit, two ball turrets and a small part of the cargo deck.

Jazz does minor downscaling of many of the things he builds anyway (like the carbon freeze chamber where parts are reduced) so the whole thing could be reduiced in scale so it's just under 2ft tall and 18" long.

It'd be an awesome display opportunity for two pilots, two clone gunners and a clone or two with Yoda/Mace etc.

30Gcd5q.jpg
You could always display him with the UCS Lego Gunship. I have mine above my clones on top of the detolf.

30Gcd5q.jpg
Has he ever talked about building sections with the plan you could just connect them all together in the end. You’ve got some great ideas there. But yes my thought wasn’t really serious lol, I want it sure but would need to get another house for it.

A Clone Pilot wasn't even popping into my mind when I think of clones honestly. The second I saw it though, I know I needed it lol.

Such a simple but cool design and the TCW helmet is just a cherry on the top. Also makes me want a Imperial Tie Pilot asap.

I probably wouldn't have bought if the CW helmet wasn't included but I do really like them both. So good on HT, I went from buying zero to two because they went a step further.

A HT OT Tie Pilot is indeed one of their biggest oversights. I have a pair of the Sideshow from way back and I really like them but I would almost certainly buy another pair from HT. Of course they made the ST pilots :slap

It’s nice to get an unexpected figure that’s a positive surprise for a change.

AOTC has many flaws that have been dissected and immortalized as memes, but the Battle of Geonosis is still a highlight that should’ve been more like half the movie.

The Clone Pilot always stood out to me even in the glorious CGI soup of bright colors and big explosions. And even if someone hates the movie, if they don’t at least love the gunship, they’re beyond saving. :lol

I sold the Sideshow TIE Pilot thinking Hot Toys will make one sooner than later. I still have the Rogue One version since I didn’t think that would be replaced.

It and the AT-AT driver are the only core OT Imperial troopers missing at this point. Come on, Hot Toys.

No no, you forgot the death star troopers! Those are quite essential in an OT/ANH collection.

I didn’t forget them. Hot Toys did. :lol

I would certainly like to see that figure actually released along with the other Sandtrooper ranks. AT-ST driver too, and Imperial officers.

But OT TIE Pilot should be the next Imperial trooper and has the most realistic chance.

It'd be very difficult to beat that Sideshow TIE Pilot imo. Maybe he could be a little shorter and the boots/gloves a bit better quality. The body is holding up very well on that one (at least it is on mine). It's quite pricey now though in the secondary market, so maybe there's an opening for that release. These guys have been in The Mandalorian, so considering that I'm shocked they haven't made them. Also, considering the huge amount it goes for on eBay, a re-issue of the DS Gunner (also appeared in Mando).

The ST TIE Pilot is easily the nicest design of the First Order troopers. Not that I'd ever have any desire to own it. If it belonged to any other SW films or shows I'd have been all over it. I'm guessing JJ was out of the office the day when they had to pick that particular design.

God I just wanted to see more on the Clone Pilot, had to mute that video after 30 seconds.

These guys have been in The Mandalorian, so considering that I'm shocked they haven't made them.

It is surprising, though the TIE Pilots in The Mandalorian are Rogue One versions and I would prefer the OT version to complete the OT troopers.

The RO/Solo/Mando TIE Pilot could stand in for an OT TIE and most people wouldn’t care, but almost everything is different so I wouldn’t want to put them together myself. Like how I keep my Stormtroopers separated by era. I don’t even like mixing ANH and ROTJ. :lol

Back