1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth getting on it. Doesn’t mean there will be more. WL are typically for reselling any cancelled orders.

@jaztermareal but excessive preorders, or scalping (I’d call prospecting) doesn’t lock anyone out of preordering themselves. The whole nature of scalping is taking advantage of scarce items. Preorders actually level that playing field altogether. I’m not advocating for prospectors. Hell, if you had enough cash to stockpile Mud troopers or Purge Troopers, more power to ya. I just don’t know if “scalper” is the brush to paint with in this instance, IMO.

I won't and never will advocate for scalping. However, I can understand why someone wants to do it when they see the opportunity to make money. I can't really blame them for that. I've missed out on several pieces that I ended up paying more for down the road. That's on me. Yes, it is greedy for a handful of people to snatch up all they can just to resell when most of us tend to try to help each other out in this crazy hobby.

I would also say that in today's economic downturn, scalping seems to (casual observation) have slowed way down. People just don't have the money to blow on something that was most likely already expensive and now marked up even further.

Army builders - I'm just simply jealous. But if that's your jam, who am I to judge?

No one should begrudge any of our fellow army builders. Full stop.
BUTTTT….for the “prospectors” can you really call them “scalpers” for a product that is preordered???🤷🏾‍♂️ not sure there can be “scalpers” in this area of the hobby tbh

The sweet flip side of that is people who scoop up twenty of something to resell, and for whatever reason it turns out not to be popular and there they are, stuck with them. HA-HA said Nelson. [This does not really happen much in this hobby, but it does elsewhere,]

Mech: The waitlist for this is still open on SS. Does this mean another batch may be coming?

Hope springs eternal. Im on that WL too.

I wonder if with how sought after this is if Hot Toys would consider doing a second run. They along with Sideshow must know that it’s still pretty in demand and it’s a Clone so should be easy to churn out.

I wonder if with how sought after this is if Hot Toys would consider doing a second run. They along with Sideshow must know that it’s still pretty in demand and it’s a Clone so should be easy to churn out.
As long as the see the demand and keep diving into the TCW pool, I'm happy. I was very surprised to see the AT-RT, but the BARC sold fast, the shiny sold out as did the pilot so I think we should be on a run for a bit. I know everybody wants Echo and Fives, as do I, but I must have Wolffe.

Received mine from KG the other day, surprised it came in the shipper box as normally only DX figures from them do.
AOTC line coming along nicely now.
20230601_134806.jpg

Prices in Belgium got bumped to €359 (= $386)
I hope mine arrives soon or it'll be chaos to get one

Any ideas on how to remove this glob of glue without damaging the paint? Excellent QC as always, Hot Toys 🙄

Also am I the only one who thinks the thigh armor looks kinda awful on all these clones? Surely I can’t be. I just don’t understand why there is such a giant gap between the top of the thigh armor and the cod piece, especially in back. I checked some random stills from the show and it definitely didn’t look that way.
My update on the damaged Phase 2 helmet on my figure I got from Alter Ego is that a month and a half later I was sent a replacement… Phase 1 helmet. Sigh. Should’ve just grabbed an extra helmet when I had the chance on TA. That’ll learn me, I guess.

Last edited:
Received mine from KG the other day, surprised it came in the shipper box as normally only DX figures from them do.
AOTC line coming along nicely now.
View attachment 642391
Helmet errors aside, love this trio. Height difference tiny disturbing. AOTC is creeping up as one of the better film lines…

I've decided to limit these Shiny's at five, budget restraint though. Will post pic later when the remaining troopers come all together.

Back