1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question:

In OG films, Goblin always had a little bit of purple shading on his helmet etc. Is this a special coating on the suit or just use of lights? I think it was done to put some purple on his suit without giving him actual purple clothing. It would be cool if this figure had some coating that changed colours based on light source and angle.

On cars:

HTB19z6aSpXXXXcnXVXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg_.webp

It looks like the back of his head is purple in several shots - like "I surrender" sequence.

I'm going to wait and see on the purple battle damaged Goblin. They have to be making that at some point. I could see the d*** move in that they make him without the glider so you have to buy this deluxe.

You like too much lol. I liked SW too much till they killed it even more than what Lucas did.
Ain't that the truth... I've said it before, but yeah, that is a problem with me. I'm too spread out and don't have some specific focus. I like a lot of things, most of them equally, and thus have a wider net of "need this one to represent that one" and so forth. When it's one-offs from various licenses it's easy, but when it's whole teams and displays, there's an issue. I try to keep things restrained (eg only Force Users and maybe some Empire/Republic stuff from SW, only the Summers/Grey-centric X-Men, and so on) but it's hard. I was planning on getting Tobey, Goblin and Ock from NWH. Now Goblin's split in two, and prices are going up. If we assume Ock goes up for PO soon, and then HT closes for CNY, then we're fast-tracking to March and slowly entering the MK, Batman, Kenobi area. When these figures are 1.5+ years apart, and the installments come to 15-20€/month, you can get carried away. But 10 figures later you're in for 200€/month. All these things have to be considered and balanced.

When I started off I wanted one or two figures for each character/title/game/movie and so on. But the more I amassed, the more I wanted. One gives way to the other, completionism takes you over. The danger's not getting sucked into FOMO figures or being tempted by things you have 0 interest in; it's trying to navigate the waters of your already established likes. If two figures are a lock and the third completes the set, but it comes down ebtween that and another two that are absolute favourites, what do you do then? It's these things that make the hobby frustrating. But I suppose choice is inevitable; you just have to learn to go through with it.

He looks pretty good. Pretty barebones, and he does look kind of toyetic, but I've got no real complaints. The best news is that they're still including a headsculpt, which is what I was really worried about. And they're going for a crazy expression, so I'm expecting it to be good. Based on the TW price and taxes, this will be ~400€ for me. Pretty much what I expected really, I'm not surprised. But still, this is nearly half a grand. It all adds up too quickly. I think I'll stick with this one, skip Ock, whom I assume will be around the same price, maybe 50€ less. The question is whether I should wait a bit, see if the Final Battle look is more of a "bang for your buck" type of deal.

Can't wait for the "But muh ToyS eRa ONe is BeTTEr!!!1!"

Super ******* hyped for this. Obviously I loved NWH, but we all know that's not why we're buying this. This is a straight shot at childhood nostalgia for the modern collection and I am excited as ****. I can't count how many times I watched SM1 as a lad.

I'm actually really happy they didn't go with swap out or alt set ups for the battle damaged one. He'll be way more fitting to put with a Peter on a apartment fight pose.

Question:

In OG films, Goblin always had a little bit of purple shading on his helmet etc. Is this a special coating on the suit or just use of lights? I think it was done to put some purple on his suit without giving him actual purple clothing. It would be cool if this figure had some coating that changed colours based on light source and angle.

On cars:

HT have experimented with similar effects before. The Alien Warrior 2.0 comes to mind; it had a kind of pearlescent finish that have it a yellow look in the right light. Would be surprised if they don't try that on a cash cow license like Marvel.

Super ******* hyped for this. Obviously I loved NWH, but we all know that's not why we're buying this. This is a straight shot at childhood nostalgia for the modern collection and I am excited as ****. I can't count how many times I watched SM1 as a lad.

I'm actually really happy they didn't go with swap out or alt set ups for the battle damaged one. He'll be way more fitting to put with a Peter on a apartment fight pose.
I own the Toys Era one but you won’t hear that from me.

Question:

On cars:

Yeah I wish Hot Toys attempted this but from what I saw, they didn't do this effect for Goblin in NWH. He's just pure green.

Then again he's just pure CGI in this Raimi costume for NWH so I'm not surprised. The purple paint effect was a really cool way of them including that iconic Goblin purple into the design and costume.

UyGLv7P.jpg
5oOc3Rs.jpg

cNoVALj.jpg

This is what comes down to. I remember being rather dissapointed with the suit back in the day, but now it's pure nostalgia fuel (or bait, depends on how you see it). Nostalgia's why I want Ock too, but I enjoy Norman as a character more in general, so he edges him out. By that same logic I'd need a Venom too, and that's a slippery slope. I'll try to stick with just a Goblin. It's the FB look that troubles me, as I can see it looking really cool as an extra too, but I cannot justify it if I already have this one. Anyway, SM1's theme song is the best one.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "Nickelback sucks". Whatever, this is the Spider-Man/Goblin song. I miss when they made music videos for blockbusters and capeflicks...

HT have experimented with similar effects before. The Alien Warrior 2.0 comes to mind; it had a kind of pearlescent finish that have it a yellow look in the right light. Would be surprised if they don't try that on a cash cow license like Marvel.
I guess things like that makes it truely feel like a premium collectors item. But, this is Hot Toys…

Hmm, comparing it directly with the Toys Era figure in hand, I can't say I see a huge quality difference in terms of the costume. The HT is definitely a lot more weathered and has a more sparkly green paint, but I can't remember if it actually looked that way in NWH or not. Neither one really got the armor looking as smooth and clean as I'd prefer though. The mask appears a bit longer on the Toys Era version and like it appeared in Spidey 2, but HT seems to be going for the slightly shorter mask of the new movie.

Think for me it'll come down to what that Willem Dafoe sculpt looks like, and whether they release his alternate look as well.

Sold. Is anyone actually gonna buy the standard? Can’t have Green Goblin without a glider…

Probably wont use the Dafoe sculpt but glad its included.

Secret Base has these prices, so add the usual Sideshow markup:
Deluxe: 2330HKD
Standard: 1730HKD

Last edited:
Back