1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the announcement/reveal of Doc Ock I think everyone should be really concerned with the head sculpt for Dafoe... :pray:

Can you stop spreading negativity about this in multiple threads? It's a blurred headsculpt. We can judge it unfairly when it's officially revealed.
Perhaps you should direct your comment at HT. If they produced better likeness then there wouldn't be any of this "negativity." :lol

I probably shouldn't get involved in this, but in this case i do have some input. All the years HT has had at this hobby. All their experience, skilled painters and sculptors. They shouldn't be putting out anything subpar. Not at these prices. I will reserve judgement for the Osborne sculpt when it's revealed. My point is though at this point in the game HT should be freaking experts at this and all their sculpts should be great. They should not be releasing anything that doesn't meet with our ( the ones who buy them) approval. They should care how it looks and value our feedback to them.

I probably shouldn't get involved in this, but in this case i do have some input. All the years HT has had at this hobby. All their experience, skilled painters and sculptors. They shouldn't be putting out anything subpar. Not at these prices. I will reserve judgement for the Osborne sculpt when it's revealed. My point is though at this point in the game HT should be freaking experts at this and all their sculpts should be great. They should not be releasing anything that doesn't meet with our ( the ones who buy them) approval. They should care how it looks and value our feedback to them.
The problem with Hot Toys is that they don't work digital. All of their sculpts are hand-sculpted, which is neat but it carries its cons. Pretty much every other company has moved to sculpting in ZBrush. This lets artist produce multiple iterations and adjust their sculpts instantly.

But Hot Toys? Good luck quickly adjusting that clay sculpt you have in your hands.

The problem with Hot Toys is that they don't work digital. All of their sculpts are hand-sculpted, which is neat but it carries its cons. Pretty much every other company has moved to sculpting in ZBrush. This lets artist produce multiple iterations and adjust their sculpts instantly.

But Hot Toys? Good luck quickly adjusting that clay sculpt you have in your hands.
Hot Toys is still the best when it comes to figures. Are other figure manufacturers using ZBrush? How some none of them matches hot toys?

Hot Toys is still the best when it comes to figures. Are other figure manufacturers using ZBrush? How some none of them matches hot toys?
Superior casting and better paint apps, however other brands are catching up to them in that regard, you'd be surprised to know their heads and some third party heads are cast in the same place.

Some other brands compare quite well to Hot Toys in terms of quality (Blitzway, Enterbay and even some of the ThreeZero and Storm Collectibles figures). They just don't have the vast array of, and more popular, licenses that Hot Toys has. With Hot Toys, there's more hit or miss now than ever before because they are starting to lose some of their best sculptors to other companies and stretching themselves thin with how much they are producing - You sometimes now get the B or C teams no certain figures.

Seeing the numerous Morrison Clone heads they've got, I can only imagine they have that sculpt digitally and then they just alter the hair. They're basically exactly the same.

Some other brands compare quite well to Hot Toys in terms of quality (Blitzway, Enterbay and even some of the ThreeZero and Storm Collectibles figures). They just don't have the vast array of, and more popular, licenses that Hot Toys has. With Hot Toys, there's more hit or miss now than ever before because they are starting to lose some of their best sculptors to other companies and stretching themselves thin with how much they are producing - You sometimes now get the B or C teams no certain figures.
I’m sorry but I’m not seeing hit and miss - recent ones I’ve got such as Captain America, Mysterio, Spider-Man and Rex are all terrific and upcoming ones like Koska Reeves, Thena, Fennec Shand, Loki, Yelena, Sylvie, Shang-Chi, Wenwu, Boba Fett, Black Widow, Din Djarin look really good or great. The only two i can think of where the consensus was they were horrible are this one and the grinning Ant-Man.

Please no...

1644351497510.png

I’m sorry but I’m not seeing hit and miss - recent ones I’ve got such as Captain America, Mysterio, Spider-Man and Rex are all terrific and upcoming ones like Koska Reeves, Thena, Fennec Shand, Loki, Yelena, Sylvie, Shang-Chi, Wenwu, Boba Fett, Black Widow, Din Djarin look really good or great. The only two i can think of where the consensus was they were horrible are this one and the grinning Ant-Man.

With misses, I'm not talking about just head sculpts, but the figure as a whole. In terms of sculpt - there are many figures that have come out where the sculpt is much softer than the proto - which is usually the case for just about every sculpt, but too many are just a drastic difference from what we are being promised based on the proto. We've also had the situation with the Mark 85, which I still haven't heard anything on regarding the replacement head sculpt I signed up for.

Well, one is a headsculpt that was completely revealed. The other is blurred out. I think Johnny Utah is referring to people criticizing a headsculpt before it's even shown.
Yes, but even though it's blurred out you can still make out enough of it to form an opinion. And even though it's not a crystal clear image what I'm seeing so far doesn't instill confidence in me. Don't get me wrong, I want HT to do a killer job with it since I want it, but you know what they say...you set yourself up for disappointment then you can't be letdown! Michelle Jones agrees with me. :lol

Well, one is a headsculpt that was completely revealed. The other is blurred out. I think Johnny Utah is referring to people criticizing a headsculpt before it's even shown.
I think the difference is that with Ock they don't have much of a choice even if both the Norman and Otto sculpts are at the same point in unfinished development. With Goblin they can get away with using the masked head in all photos and say "trust us there will be a headsculpt too" with one blurred out photo tacked on the end, since it isn't ready yet. But with Ock, even if it isn't ready what are they gonna do, blur every single photo of the figure? And there's no mask to fall back on like with some of their other figures.

The obvious advice is to wait until they're ready to show it, but they've got fans clawing at their figurative doors asking when they're going to reveal it, and they've already got multiple other figures from the movie revealed with more on the way soon. It makes more sense to slot ock in here now with raimi goblin, and while the movie hype is still high.
So they reveal it now, with an in-progress sculpt and hope for the best.

And now it's our turn to hope for the best, hoping to god that they improve it significantly before release because 🤮 Backlash is higher for Ock than for the Tony they eventually redid, so I'm feeling optimistic Ock will get a redo also. Because if not, then I'm out.

As far as Norman goes, I've commented on it a little based on what little we can see, but they've clearly indicated they're not ready to show it yet so that means I'm not concerned about it yet. I'll have more to say once it's properly shown.

I love the Toys Era Goblin, but i gotta say in this new picture of Hot Toys Goblin i see a HUGE improvement in his physique and his helmet, everything. He looks just like he did in SM1 from that angle. I'm definitely upgrading when he releases in 2027
RDT_20220714_1226224750660352360042261.png

Back