1/6 Hot Toys - MMS624 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Spider-Man (Integrated Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not too sure about that bright electric blue color on the final suit myself. But then we didn't get a super clear look at it in the movie so I'll see if I like it any better on the HT figure.
The bright reflective blue reminded me of the Mk IV Spidey suit from the VG line...looked pretty cool in film in my opinion.

So did Sony or Disney have creative control for No Way Home? I was under the impression that Disney/Feige has all creative control on all the MCU Spidey films, but now I'm hearing this was all Sony's creative team that pumped out the story? What's the real situation, does anyone know?
I'm gonna bump my question since it never got answered. Does anyone know?

The bright reflective blue reminded me of the Mk IV Spidey suit from the VG line...looked pretty cool in film in my opinion.
Good view of it posted in the NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...? thread:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't imagine Marvel/Disney is going to allow Sony to determine the future of Marvel's biggest character. Plus including Strange, Wong, and other characters Sony has nothing to do with. I can't see it happening.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't imagine Marvel/Disney is going to allow Sony to determine the future of Marvel's biggest character. Plus including Strange, Wong, and other characters Sony has nothing to do with. I can't see it happening.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Marvel has creative control. They make the movie for Sony. Sony puts up the money, so obviously they have some say in the process, but this is a Marvel Studios movie.
I'm inclined to believe you guys since the reasoning makes sense, but are these confirmed facts or just conjectures?

Good view of it posted in the NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...? thread:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Ok, so I've watched quite a few interviews and Feige pitched it as "on lease" to Marvel/Disney when Pascal asked him for help AFTER ASM2.. Pascal threw the sandwich at him and threw him out, but common sense came to her. So I am assuming that is what the structure is. From what I remember Sony bank rolls the whole thing, markets the thing, but Marvel has the creative control cause they are "leasing" the character(s).

Now Spider-Man was "on loan" from Sony for CW, IW, EG, but notice that no other "Spider-Man universe" characters were used. Those are all the Spidey villains, Black Cat, Spider-Girl, Morbius, Venom, etc. No one has revealed a list and there is specific language to these characters. James Gunn said he wrote Vol. 2 around Ego, but he didn't know and maybe some others in the know DIDN'T know that Ego wasn't fully Marvel. They had to do a trade to Fox? to get the full rights to him. Complicated stuff that I tried to uncomplicate, but seems impossible until Disney gets them all under their umbrella.

I think Hulk is still under a Paramount distribution deal, hence no Hulk movie. There was something to Namor too, but I never heard any confirmation. Feige and some others don't care to reveal that stuff. I give kudos to the media people trying to figure that stuff out. No confirmation of this, but I'm sure there is zero coincidence to Marvel offing Quicksilver and then Fox exclusively using him while SW was exclusive to Marvel after AOU. I try to keep up with all this stuff as much as I can.

Ok, so I've watched quite a few interviews and Feige pitched it as "on lease" to Marvel/Disney when Pascal asked him for help AFTER ASM2.. Pascal threw the sandwich at him and threw him out, but common sense came to her. So I am assuming that is what the structure is. From what I remember Sony bank rolls the whole thing, markets the thing, but Marvel has the creative control cause they are "leasing" the character(s).

Now Spider-Man was "on loan" from Sony for CW, IW, EG, but notice that no other "Spider-Man universe" characters were used. Those are all the Spidey villains, Black Cat, Spider-Girl, Morbius, Venom, etc. No one has revealed a list and there is specific language to these characters. James Gunn said he wrote Vol. 2 around Ego, but he didn't know and maybe some others in the know DIDN'T know that Ego wasn't fully Marvel. They had to do a trade to Fox? to get the full rights to him. Complicated stuff that I tried to uncomplicate, but seems impossible until Disney gets them all under their umbrella.

I think Hulk is still under a Paramount distribution deal, hence no Hulk movie. There was something to Namor too, but I never heard any confirmation. Feige and some others don't care to reveal that stuff. I give kudos to the media people trying to figure that stuff out. No confirmation of this, but I'm sure there is zero coincidence to Marvel offing Quicksilver and then Fox exclusively using him while SW was exclusive to Marvel after AOU. I try to keep up with all this stuff as much as I can.
That actually sounds very logical.

I read somewhere that Marvel traded a character with Sony for No Way Home. Doctor Strange could make an appearance, but then Marvel could use a Sony character in a future project. Not sure if it has been revealed yet which one.

That actually sounds very logical.

I read somewhere that Marvel traded a character with Sony for No Way Home. Doctor Strange could make an appearance, but then Marvel could use a Sony character in a future project. Not sure if it has been revealed yet which one.
Yeah seen that. Rothman from Sony confirmed that. Got to be some type of Spider-Verse character since that's all Sony has rights to.

Hulk was/is Universal, not Paramount. But that "might" be up now, as there are rumblings there's a new Hulk movie coming, which was the big no-no for that deal. (Or Universal has decided to pull a Sony and work with Marvel for some of that sweet, sweet MCU money.)

Ego was Fox, correct. Tied to the Fantastic Four license I believe. Moot point now.

Namor I believe WAS Universal, but a different sort of deal than the Hulk. I also believe that is over now and Marvel has full rights again. (This one is weird because I'd assume it would have been Fox with the FF rights, but it seemed that wasn't the case.)

I'm inclined to believe you guys since the reasoning makes sense, but are these confirmed facts or just conjectures?
Also, and something I haven't seen mentioned here yet....a while back when there was the big drama about Sony taking creative control back, Marvel played an ace they had up their sleeve: the video game rights to Spider-Man. Those are not tied to the movie license. Sony wanted to keep them exclusive for the Playstation, and that was the big bargaining chip to get the deal back on track with Marvel calling the shots. So while xBox owners won't be able to play the Spider-Man games, it's the price the world paid for keeping MCU Spidey going.

Also, and something I haven't seen mentioned here yet....a while back when there was the big drama about Sony taking creative control back, Marvel played an ace they had up their sleeve: the video game rights to Spider-Man. Those are not tied to the movie license. Sony wanted to keep them exclusive for the Playstation, and that was the big bargaining chip to get the deal back on track with Marvel calling the shots. So while xBox owners won't be able to play the Spider-Man games, it's the price the world paid for keeping MCU Spidey going.
That's interesting. I hadn't heard that wrinkle.

Not sure if this has been.comprehensively answered, but I just got back from seeing NWH again and I didn't see the Iron Spider arms used with the Integrated Suit even once and I was consciously keeping an eye out for it. It makes sense though, as it was only the piece ripped out from the chest that Doc Ock gave back to him, so there's no where near enough nano particles to make the arms.

Not sure if this has been.comprehensively answered, but I just got back from seeing NWH again and I didn't see the Iron Spider arms used with the Integrated Suit even once and I was consciously keeping an eye out for it. It makes sense though, as it was only the piece ripped out from the chest that Doc Ock gave back to him, so there's no where near enough nano particles to make the arms.
Yep, pretty disappointing that the most interesting thing about the figure doesn’t even make sense to include.

Back