1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason I will accept from Hot Toys on why they didn't sculpt a new head sculpt is because they are releasing an alternate 1985 Lorraine figure and they needed all the plastic to accurately portray her boob job.
giphy.gif

If that was a Facebook poll then it’s more likely just evidence of selection bias as the majority of people who would take part in such a poll will be in their 20s.

Just like how a recent Facebook poll showing that 80% of collectors thought Hot Toys had the best The Batman is evidence that the majority of Facebook users are tribalistic morons incapable of reasonable objectivity.
:goodpost:

Ok so I can't make any promises but I've spoken with Kit. It's possible that around Feb we could ask a sculptor through Kit.

Would people like to see that happen? This means the sculpt will be good and around $40-70 price mark.

Again it's a possible option not a guarantee.
Raw sculpt?

Weird to see them cheap out on such an iconic character. I have two Marty's at this point, but still not Doc.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the eventual unlicensed figure, because rewarding HT for this feels like a mistake.

Weird to see them cheap out on such an iconic character. I have two Marty's at this point, but still not Doc.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the eventual unlicensed figure, because rewarding HT for this feels like a mistake.
Yeah, first time I've felt bad for buying one of these figs. I really should not of PO'd this, that was a real dunderhead thing to do. HT should know that this sort of thing is unacceptable, especially for a company which is supposedly at the top of the tree.
Tbh I hope most of these end up in landfill or a truck full of manure.

Yeah, first time I've felt bad for buying one of these figs. I really should not of PO'd this, that was a real dunderhead thing to do. HT should know that this sort of thing is unacceptable, especially for a company which is supposedly at the top of the tree.
Tbh I hope most of these end up in landfill or a truck full of manure.
4306CF21-C786-4492-93EF-073BCDCF112F.gif

I'm liking that sentiment, despite also pre-ordering it (UK) and not yet cancelling.

with as many figures they've had at Buy One Get One Half Off, there can't be much incentive anymore for pre-ordering. Maybe if you have points expiring and dont have anything else in mind to use them on. I'm keeping my order with Alter Ego, but will start holding out for more sales in the future.

I’d like to see a third party sculpt a few expressions so we have options for Doc. Depending on the sculpts I’d probably buy all of them.

Looks like they went for the moment the DELOREAN went one minute into the future with Einstein

Attachments

• 803BBC61-2715-4994-8B9C-BF00DBA8F207.jpeg
    803BBC61-2715-4994-8B9C-BF00DBA8F207.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok so I can't make any promises but I've spoken with Kit. It's possible that around Feb we could ask a sculptor through Kit.

Would people like to see that happen? This means the sculpt will be good and around $40-70 price mark.

Yes and I need one for marty too

If it woulf be of the quality of their Logan (Eleven I think) or ledger Joker (Supreme), this would be a no brainer. It would solve all the problems immediately. Well, we would need more than one expression. 😆

If it woulf be of the quality of their Logan (Eleven I think) or ledger Joker (Supreme), this would be a no brainer. It would solve all the problems immediately. Well, we would need more than one expression. 😆
The hope is to get Kit onboard and see if we can Use Eleven. Will have to wait till Feb to discuss and see what options are.

Just cancelled my sideshow as delayed mine, got it in the UK saving on import etc will have it Tuesday.

The hope is to get Kit onboard and see if we can Use Eleven. Will have to wait till Feb to discuss and see what options are.

Just cancelled my sideshow as delayed mine, got it in the UK saving on import etc will have it Tuesday.
Sounds promising, If the sculpt is decent I can see a lot of people purchasing one.

Back