1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope if HT do make a sculpt revision they don't make it worse. Honestly I don't think the Doc sculpt is that bad, it's more the fact that it's a rehash. Maybe with a really good paint app the old sculpt can shine?

Yeah I actually think it's a pretty decent likeness. It's just the completely smooth skin, lack of teeth, and weird sculpted hair that throw it off for me.

I had actually started tweaking the paint on mine a while ago, by emphasizing the wrinkles, darkening around the eyes, and making the skin tone a bit paler. I was planning to replace the hair with rooted as well, but I sorta lost interest and never got around to finishing it.

20211002_104645 (2).jpg

Yeah I actually think it's a pretty decent likeness. It's just the completely smooth skin, lack of teeth, and weird sculpted hair that throw it off for me.

I had actually started tweaking the paint on mine a while ago, by emphasizing the wrinkles, darkening around the eyes, and making the skin tone a bit paler. I was planning to replace the hair with rooted as well, but I sorta lost interest and never got around to finishing it.

View attachment 540373
Nice work with the paint. Defo looks older with your paint app.

I always thought the open mouth expression never really fit with this figure, I dont really remember Doc pulling that ''WTF'' expression in Part II? Especially when wearing that futuristic outfit, it seems a much more appropriate expression for Part I Doc when he sees the DeLorean disappear before his eyes.

What we really need is a new head for Part II Doc imo.

I wonder if HT would make more BTTF II figs?

Nice work with the paint. Defo looks older with your paint app.

I always thought the open mouth expression never really fit with this figure, I dont really remember Doc pulling that ''WTF'' expression in Part II? Especially when wearing that futuristic outfit, it seems a much more appropriate expression for Part I Doc when he sees the DeLorean disappear before his eyes.

What we really need is a new head for Part II Doc imo.

I wonder if HT would make more BTTF II figs?

Looks to me like they got the expression specifically from this shot (since they even copied his right hand from it). Although not sure if that's an actual shot from the movie or just a promo image.

14755b40b2480d313b10a865bb273b25.jpg

Its an actual shot. Its just as doc is about to get into the car to go pick up einnie. You can see he is holding his coat so it doesnt get caught in the door when he gets in

yea got that same email as well. Really sucks that all of a sudden this is now a problem. First they cut retailer allotments so they "sell out" quicker at your favorite places, and now they're flagging retailers that don't conform to their (SS) shipping and tax policies. Such a shame.

All of HT's Doc headsculpts or so weak. Sad thing is i bought / ordered every single one of them due to love for the franchise.

Man... i wish Neca produced their Doc HS's in 1/6, and i pop those in instead.

Did anyone pick up on this ? Surely the case isn't cardboard right? Noticed the side panel when zoomed look like card. 🤦‍♂️

Also think we're getting a new sculpt.

*Plutonium case is composed of high-quality cardboard and plastic parts*

View attachment 560676
Maybe they are going for the mixed media look. i.e plastic metal lookalike frame parts with the cardboard for the yellow inserts which don't do so much ??

But yes, does seem like a strange choice. Perhaps more work on the prototype will determine if this makes it to production or not ??

Did anyone pick up on this ? Surely the case isn't cardboard right? Noticed the side panel when zoomed look like card. 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 560676
The only areas they can use cardboard are the flat panels and it does show corrugated cardboard feel on them indeed.
That reminds me of the old Enterbay Leon Weapon trunk.. It's now all bent and warped with melting glue under vinyl cover...

Yeah, any bit of moisture will warp that thing over time. HT has been cutting corners in little ways to cut costs over the years. I hope things like this don’t get worse..

View attachment 560676

Time for the Facebookers to go mercilessly after HT if the plutonium case is cardboard.

Back