1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Help Support Collector Freaks:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I just hope if HT do make a sculpt revision they don't make it worse. Honestly I don't think the Doc sculpt is that bad, it's more the fact that it's a rehash. Maybe with a really good paint app the old sculpt can shine?

davejames

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reaction score
Yeah I actually think it's a pretty decent likeness. It's just the completely smooth skin, lack of teeth, and weird sculpted hair that throw it off for me.

I had actually started tweaking the paint on mine a while ago, by emphasizing the wrinkles, darkening around the eyes, and making the skin tone a bit paler. I was planning to replace the hair with rooted as well, but I sorta lost interest and never got around to finishing it.

20211002_104645 (2).jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Yeah I actually think it's a pretty decent likeness. It's just the completely smooth skin, lack of teeth, and weird sculpted hair that throw it off for me.

I had actually started tweaking the paint on mine a while ago, by emphasizing the wrinkles, darkening around the eyes, and making the skin tone a bit paler. I was planning to replace the hair with rooted as well, but I sorta lost interest and never got around to finishing it.

View attachment 540373
Nice work with the paint. Defo looks older with your paint app.

I always thought the open mouth expression never really fit with this figure, I dont really remember Doc pulling that ''WTF'' expression in Part II? Especially when wearing that futuristic outfit, it seems a much more appropriate expression for Part I Doc when he sees the DeLorean disappear before his eyes.

What we really need is a new head for Part II Doc imo.

I wonder if HT would make more BTTF II figs?

davejames

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reaction score
Nice work with the paint. Defo looks older with your paint app.

I always thought the open mouth expression never really fit with this figure, I dont really remember Doc pulling that ''WTF'' expression in Part II? Especially when wearing that futuristic outfit, it seems a much more appropriate expression for Part I Doc when he sees the DeLorean disappear before his eyes.

What we really need is a new head for Part II Doc imo.

I wonder if HT would make more BTTF II figs?

Looks to me like they got the expression specifically from this shot (since they even copied his right hand from it). Although not sure if that's an actual shot from the movie or just a promo image.

14755b40b2480d313b10a865bb273b25.jpg

sirdoctor

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Its an actual shot. Its just as doc is about to get into the car to go pick up einnie. You can see he is holding his coat so it doesnt get caught in the door when he gets in

Gipetto0812

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
yea got that same email as well. Really sucks that all of a sudden this is now a problem. First they cut retailer allotments so they "sell out" quicker at your favorite places, and now they're flagging retailers that don't conform to their (SS) shipping and tax policies. Such a shame.