1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are u like simple? Pushing someone to suicide is still killing . What do you mean good venom ? How is stalking and beating someone half time death and eating people good? Maybe you are just crazy? This is about the dumbest argument ever. If you threaten loved ones and try and kill somebody and kill and eat people you are the villain. Simple .

it’s like saying Norman green goblin was good because he made the dark avengers but Harry was the bad goblin cause he kidnapped mj. The only good venom is flash venom.
Lol your logic baffles me. We’re done

Yea. The only time vebom actually helped people in a heroic like way was when he was flash Thompson .

Lol your logic baffles me. We’re done
How. Your the guy calling someone a killer and a stalker a hero. I guess Ted bundy should have won the Nobel peace prize cause he use to help suicide victims in his spare time .

Fr0stbit3, Venom(Brock) is not a hero. He was a jerk when he first got the symbiote.
He tried to kill Spidey, not a hero move. The only time Venom was a hero, was when
Flash was bonded with him.

Last edited:
Fr0stbit3, Venom(Brock) is not a hero. He was a ****** when he first got the symbiote.
He tried to kill Spidey, not a hero move. The only time Venom was a hero, was when
Guess Ironman's out as ahero too, he tried to kill a bunch of non compliant heroes in civilwar. Frank's not a hero either, Wolverine definitely isn't a hero, neither is Hulk. You wanna keep going down the list?

He has access to the thoughts, feelings, impulses etc of his host and can be influenced by those- if he chooses to allow it but, when he’s full on Venom, it seems like he’s calling the shots, controlling all physical movement and making the decisions.
So whoever the host was when Venom was being scary and villainous; wasn’t that still just Venom being Venom?
Venom has the arc and the hosts are just along for the ride?
Yes and no, In Flash's case the suit was way more animalistic due to writer's choices, previous influence from other hosts, and the suit's own feelings. The intro to agent venom written by slott covers this well. The suit took Peter's body for a joyride while he slept, if it chooses it can take control when the host is incapacitated, like the suit causing a mob boss's son to die by ejecting him mid rooftop jump, it also uses Eddie's girlfriend and several random people to move across the united states during separation anxiety.

Venom being scary and monsterous is normally just a writer's choice as well as influence from the host. In short, yes, the suit can call the shots if you're weaker mentally, or not conscious.

Last edited:
Guess Ironman's out as ahero too, he tried to kill a bunch of non compliant heroes in civilwar. Frank's not a hero either, Wolverine definitely isn't a hero, neither is Hulk. You wanna keep going down the list?
I never said any of those were. The discussion is about Venom. He is an anti-hero.

Question y’all, just got this guy last week and finally got around to unboxing him, man what a beauty! But I did notice a couple things. I’ve reached out to SS, just haven’t heard back a reply yet -

1) Noticed what appears to be a cracked tooth on the closed mouth head sculpt - I didn’t mess with it too much as I didn’t want it to fall out, just curious if this is part of the sculpt or not?
A22DE0C1-00EF-41E0-95AE-6DBAF1EC19CD.jpeg

2) On the body itself I noticed a couple of what looks like dulled spots on his back and butt cheek, where either the paint or clear has come off, or didn’t stick. As I told SS, I’m not trying to swap the figure, and not sure if theydbut if there’s a recommendation for repair, I’m not opposed to that - like perhaps just some gloss liquitex? Or gloss black acrylic paint first and then gloss? Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas?
0EE517C3-7EAC-4BA3-B8C9-09EACD6FB9AE.jpeg

4B81FB77-4532-49C1-8602-117A1BD4CF96.jpeg

5E249B70-DDE5-4B23-9C52-978C00B8FB0C.jpeg

Question y’all, just got this guy last week and finally got around to unboxing him, man what a beauty! But I did notice a couple things. I’ve reached out to SS, just haven’t heard back a reply yet -

1) Noticed what appears to be a cracked tooth on the closed mouth head sculpt - I didn’t mess with it too much as I didn’t want it to fall out, just curious if this is part of the sculpt or not?
View attachment 558228

2) On the body itself I noticed a couple of what looks like dulled spots on his back and butt cheek, where either the paint or clear has come off, or didn’t stick. As I told SS, I’m not trying to swap the figure, and not sure if theydbut if there’s a recommendation for repair, I’m not opposed to that - like perhaps just some gloss liquitex? Or gloss black acrylic paint first and then gloss? Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas?
View attachment 558229
View attachment 558230

View attachment 558231
I just checked my closed mouth sculpt, and it doesn't have a tooth like that. For me, that tooth is messed up
enough that I would want a replacement, but that's just me.
The paint issue would probably bother me too. I would definitely wait to see what SS suggests before
I put any type of paint on it. Mine isn't like that, and to me it does look like they(factory) missed those
areas when it was being painted.

My kids took one look at this figure and went crazy ..

Attachments

• 3032D34F-B9FE-47CC-97CD-883016286A59.jpeg
    3032D34F-B9FE-47CC-97CD-883016286A59.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 47
Some of you really take this board too seriously. I'm not an expert by any means but in the 80's - early 90's its hard to characterize venom as anything other than a *villain*. I know marvel has rebooted a couple of times since then so he could be something else now, just not sure why its such a big deal?

Last edited:
Fr0stbit3, Venom(Brock) is not a hero. He was a jerk when he first got the symbiote.

that all applies to punisher too...

Some of you really take this board too seriously. I'm not an expert by any means but in the 80's - early 90's its hard to characterize venom as anything other than a hero. I know marvel has rebooted a couple of times since then so he could be something else now, just not sure why its such a big deal?
You mean villain in the 80s early 90s? Idk. I never thought of venom as a hero but perhaps people see him that way. I don’t see it whatsoever but to each is own. So ma y retcons in comics and reboots it’s hard to keep up .

You mean villain in the 80s early 90s? Idk. I never thought of venom as a hero but perhaps people see him that way. I don’t see it whatsoever but to each is own. So ma y retcons in comics and reboots it’s hard to keep up .
Sorry but yes villain, not hero...unless you think spiderman is a villain for letting a robber go that kills his uncle?

Venom was specifically and clearly created to be Spider-Man's nemesis, enemy and ultimate villain. He was literally created from pure hate and blood lust from rejection by ole Petey. And found/bonded to Brock due to his shared hatred of Parker.

But, money wins out. He was so visually awesome thanks to Todd McFarlane and became so popular that they made him into yet another anti hero. Spidey teaming up with Venom was far cooler than watching Venom continually try and fail to eat Peter's brains. And who wouldn't want to see Venom interact with like every Marvel Hero... But, for me it got waaaaay out of hand.

All the symbiote characters and storylines are just ridiculous to me. The only symbiotes I'd ever give a crap about would be Venom and Carnage. The rest is just noise.

Last edited:
Back