1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice simple pose and Venom gives off menace there. Like the sculpt without the tongue. I always preferred McFarlane's version before Larsen added the tongue.
The mouth open sculpt , without the tongue in, looks good as well
have to turn the head down to hide the black magnet in the mouth though

Nice simple pose and Venom gives off menace there. Like the sculpt without the tongue. I always preferred McFarlane's version before Larsen added the tongue.
Me too. I was so relieved when I first saw the 2018 movie design, which (outside of the white spider for obvious reasons) otherwise nailed the design with the classic grin and overall proportions. So many artists like to draw Venom with warped misshapen proportions and 6 foot tongues that perpetually hang out of his mouth covered in green goo, I was quite happy to see something grounded closer to his original design. Of course the tongue still comes into play frequently where appropriate, which is how it should be. Outside of that spider emblem, it'd be hard for me to ask for more from the design.

grinning sculpt is the way to go. If hot toys ever tried a mcfarlane spiderman design, with much more detailed webs, it would be quite irresistible. The mcfarlane spiderman era is my favorite comic run that wasnt a limited series. I still have a lot of those comics post-asm 300.

Me too. I was so relieved when I first saw the 2018 movie design, which (outside of the white spider for obvious reasons) otherwise nailed the design with the classic grin and overall proportions. So many artists like to draw Venom with warped misshapen proportions and 6 foot tongues that perpetually hang out of his mouth covered in green goo, I was quite happy to see something grounded closer to his original design. Of course the tongue still comes into play frequently where appropriate, which is how it should be. Outside of that spider emblem, it'd be hard for me to ask for more from the design.
Same. I like the simplicity of the movie version . I also like raimi venom. I loved how they added a warped raised webbing to his suit with the honey comb pattern. Definitely looked like a dark Spider-Man .

this is coming from someone who hates what Sony did to venom but the design is amazing even without the spider. But **** Sony

Also I’m surprised how fast this came out. It’s such a big figure compared to some of the other figures that are easy to make. Not that I’m complaining

Also I’m surprised how fast this came out. It’s such a big figure compared to some of the other figures that are easy to make. Not that I’m complaining
Hot Toys would have rushed production on this, so it's was released in time for when Venom Let There Be Carnage hit cinemas........:)

The only thing that I would like to see, other than the white spider emblem, would be the large eyes
that McFarlane drew. Absolutely my favorite Venom style. That's a minor nitpick for me as I really do
like the way this figure turned out.

The only thing that I would like to see, other than the white spider emblem, would be the large eyes
that McFarlane drew. Absolutely my favorite Venom style. That's a minor nitpick for me as I really do
like the way this figure turned out.
I'm happy with the current eyes but I know what you mean, the original big eyes were cool. My assumption is that they wanted to distance the design a bit from Spider-man, Venom's classic eyes were very much spidey shaped which doesnt make as much sense in this context, so they went with more of a modern venom eyes design. He's been frequently drawn with eyes like this in more recent years.

Maybe if he crosses spidey's path someday soon his eyes might resemble him a bit more in addition to the spider emblem.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the current eyes but I know what you mean, the original big eyes were cool. My assumption is that they wanted to distance the design a bit from Spider-man, Venom's classic eyes were very much spidey shaped which doesnt make as much sense in this context, so they went with more of a modern venom eyes design. He's been frequently drawn with eyes like this in more recent years.

Maybe if he crosses spidey's path someday soon his eyes might resemble him a bit more in addition to the spider emblem.
I also am a fan of the classic eyes but my theory is that they were probably difficult to emote. Narrowing an expanding a shape like that can looking pretty wonky compared to the one they went with.

Coming soon™ to a multiverse near you...
SsIdznw.jpg
I really what to get Venom but this is the Venom I need on my shelf (that's awesome btw!). No way HT will miss out on double dipping on him. PO'd Carnage from BBTS!

I also am a fan of the classic eyes but my theory is that they were probably difficult to emote. Narrowing an expanding a shape like that can looking pretty wonky compared to the one they went with.
He also would have had a massive and very different shaped head if he had the bigger eyes. I like the narrow eyes, but I'm also glad I have my Mafex Venom with the spider and big eyes.

My exclusive waitlist converted. Debating if I should buy it or not. Really would like Venom with his logo but lord knows how far off that is, if it even ever happens.

Back