1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the original release but your review is exactly why I've held off diving into the line. Plus, without the Delorean, I'll feel like the third main character will always be missing.

I love the trilogy and would love to have some type of representation on display and the first film is the iconic one but I'm actually leaning towards the part 3 figures more, as I believe that they came out the best looking. Still unsure that I want to invest into yet another line...
I'll sell you my Delorean, lol.

I’ve had this new release for a while and just got around to unboxing it last night. The figure is really pretty good in my opinion. The clothing is definitely improved and I like the new sculpt/paint apps for the skin tone. Even Einstein looks pretty good in hand. I’m happy I upgraded.

Got this figure for myself for Christmas and it's pretty fantastic overall but still thinking of trying to track down the v1 sculpt or figure. I keep getting an Edward Furlong vibe and the prices for the v1 figure have fallen to within a somewhat reasonable range.

For anyone with both, are the sculpts interchangeable? I noticed the neck peg was larger than the typical one.

Back to the Future is considered a classic by many moviegoers. The love and adoration for the time-traveling comedy have sustained courtesy of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd’s stellar performances and incredible dynamic. Like many actors, Fox isn’t one for rewatching his work after seeing it at the premiere. But the Back to the Future star couldn’t resist the urge to watch the beloved film after accidentally stumbling upon a television rebroadcast. Fox revealed what surprised him about the film after watching it for the first time in years over Christmas.
The Teen Wolf star jumped from the small screen to movie superstardom upon the 1985 comedy coming to movie theaters. It led to Fox becoming a box office draw from the late 1980s through the mid-1990s. Michael J. Fox admitted his rewatching happened unexpectedly over Christmas 2020. Fox revealed on CBS Mornings what led to him watching Back to the Future over the holiday season.
Putting the lights on the tree, decorations on the tree, and my son was down and two of my daughters. I went to get something in the other room and it was on, [the] TV was on. It was Back to the Future, it was right at the beginning, I think the car in the parking lot. Then, after about 20 minutes [my family] realized I was gone. It took them like 20 minutes or a half an hour to realize me and the dog had left. They said, ‘What are you doing?’ I said, ‘Watching Back to the Future.’ They said, ‘Why are you watching Back to the Future?’ I said, ‘It’s really good! I’m really good in this.’ I hadn’t realized that. All that crazy stuff was good. It was just what I was doing to survive the moment.
The fact that Marty McFly himself became enamored by the film proved just how captivating it is. At least, Fox was able to enjoy his performance in the film without judgment. As much as viewers love The Secret of My Successstar as McFly, shooting Back to the Future was a balancing act for the popular sitcom star. Michael J. Fox recalled what it was like filming the blockbuster and a hit television series at the same time.
My performance in that movie was just trying to be alive… I was doing Family Ties in the daytime and Back to the Future at night. It was just this real experience. So I had this moment, now, wham, with all this stuff I had in my life, where I could sit and look at this kid and say, ‘Wow, he did alright. He had a lot to deal with and he was dancing as fast as he could, but he fulfilled the role and did a good job.’
Knowing Fox’s workload at the time inspired a newfound appreciation for his contribution to the cult classic. But it made sense as the Family Tiesalum replaced Some Kind of Wonderful star Eric Stoltz at the last minute. Marty McFly wouldn’t be Marty McFly without the timing and effort of Michael J. Fox. The appreciation will continue to grow as Fox has retired from acting.

Got mine in last week I like this version way better than V1.

20220202_154341.jpg

I finally got a chance to open this guy last night. Great figure but unfortunately had some stitching issues on the side of his vest. Not sure if that’s something I can get replaced via SS. I might send them an email to find out

I'm not sure if it's either really. It just looks like someone threw some paint on and forgot to use anything else to help it blend in and look more realistic

...sigh...i love the new head sculpt on this, but i already have Version 1.0 exclusive with the guitar. Can't justify buying 2.0 just for that as there are way to many nice figure pre-orders out there at the moment..i prolly will regret it though in the future >.<
Meanwhile i will let Marty have a good time at the arcades ... :)

_S639725s.jpg
_S639730s.jpg
_S639741s.jpg

Got mine recently. I wasn't totally sold on the sculpt at first but thought it definitely better than the 1.0. After I got a chance to light him up and do a quick shot I think he looks great.

View attachment 562405
One of the most beautifully shot of Marty I've ever seen. Adjust the headphones and put the Aiwa inside of his jacket pocket... and More picture please!

Too tan and toothless as it may be, I actually prefer the v1 sculpt for its expression. When paired with radiation suit Doc and the expression Doc’s sculpt has, the v1 Marty sculpt just seems to match this screen grab perfectly imo, for the perfect “holy ****” expression (along with Doc) when first witnessing the Delorean actually work.

Attachments

• F6E89C70-0E02-4736-9EAC-D6C538BEF586.jpeg
    F6E89C70-0E02-4736-9EAC-D6C538BEF586.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 49
Back