1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His review sold me as well. People kept stating it was just a reissue with new sculpt, but there's quite a bit of improvement all around with this one.
Please excuse my ignorance since I don't watch Youtube but what are the improvements? Thanks!

I ordered the new figure and think it mostly looks like MJF (prefer the first sculpt, slightly). But I do get some Eddie Furlong vibes on the v2 from some side angles.

Same height too :lol

a dev be like

iSlS9Mg.jpg

"T2 display complete"
UOMOney.jpg

Please excuse my ignorance since I don't watch Youtube but what are the improvements? Thanks!

accurate gray socks, lighter skin tone, better likeness and paint apps, more accurate hair sculpt, darker life preserver (arguable which is more accurate seeing as the actual screen one is burnt Orange and not red), denim jacket better stitching and darker tone, cable on headphones thicker and looks to be more durable.

Unfortunately they still haven't made the vest as puffy as it should be, and it lies just as flat as it did before. They managed to puff up the collar well enough, so not sure why they couldn't have done the same with the rest of it

240906485_10158221018637344_6157617369791400142_n.jpg

And I wonder if there's a way to crease up the jeans a bit more. It still bothers me how smooth and flat they look on the figure. And yeah, Einstein just doesn't look anywhere near as old and sad as he should. 😄

241443763_10158221018337344_7726956007570941107_n.jpg

Pre-ordered this just now. The figure looks improved in various ways, and I want Einstein. Plus I love the Back to the Future Trilogy. Hard to pass up, even with the high price tag.

Looks really good in Justin’s video. So glad I PO’d it.
No comparison IMO between the 1.0 and 2.0 sculpt. In this pic 1.0 reminds of of MJF in Teen Wolf. Bathroom scene when he first turned

Attachments

• 9E5509C7-3308-4682-9E69-9AE9B0CFD8D1.png
    9E5509C7-3308-4682-9E69-9AE9B0CFD8D1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Then get it, unless you're a chicken.

What's wrong, shells075? CHICKEN!!!
3SiIi4q.jpg
:lol

I gave in & ordered one through Statuesque. £325 is quite a hit but I have been selling a lot of my figs in recent times. So I got a bit of money in my luxury fund. Just be my luck that this Marty gets a mass release sometime in the future. :slap

That really is a stinger of a price.
I went with Sideshow (for only the 2nd time ever) because, even after shipping and the import fees I’m expecting to keep the total cost below £300.

Statuesque do use a very sturdy box for shipping though so that’s a plus over Sideshow asking a tenner for the pleasure of actually protecting your purchase when shipping.

Couldn't resist anymore. Ordered It. Still have to order the deluxe Doc but hopefully can wait until get a coupon.

Back