1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope for improved (helmet!), but I guess it‘ll be the same.
I'm reasonably confident we'll get a re-release for this anniversary but given how the re-release of TESB Boba and Vader for 40th anniversary TESB were not updated (as far as I know) I'm guessing ROTJ Boba will be identical.
I've been holding off picking one up on ebay just in case they do re-release and just in case they improve the helmet or make any other improvements.

I know it‘s been a while, but could you (or anyone really) collaborate what what used on what and how good it fit? Still looking to modify my regular RotJ Fett with a more fitting helmet and not use the ESB one.
Post in thread 'McHaleyArt's Custom SW Thread'
McHaleyArt's Custom SW Thread
There are a ton of different mods on numerous Fetts in my custom thread. Take a look to see if anything helps.

he still is from TESB to RoTJ 😇

40+ years he’s been around and Dec. 2020 until Dec 2021 was the only year he was unanimously cool:lol

But keeping on topic with this thread, I think the newer designs are really making this ROTJ version show its age. It really could use a v2, although I’d prefer them to knock out the all-white Prototype version first.

40+ years he’s been around and Dec. 2020 until Dec 2021 was the only year he was unanimously cool:lol

But keeping on topic with this thread, I think the newer designs are really making this ROTJ version show its age. It really could use a v2, although I’d prefer them to knock out the all-white Prototype version first.
I do like the BoBF design. The kama is a bit long for my taste. I might prefer it if it was a black version of the OT flight suit rather than the black robes under the armour but I appreciate there's story reasons for that design choice.

I do like the BoBF design. The kama is a bit long for my taste. I might prefer it if it was a black version of the OT flight suit rather than the black robes under the armour but I appreciate there's story reasons for that design choice.

Yeah, this unused concept is still a custom on my future to-do list some day. It’s almost like the perfect middle evolution between the OT and final BoBF designs.

8A5A26D0-A843-4A05-8E76-640CE49DF939.jpeg

I wonder if HT didn't way over produce the 2 Mando beskar figures and the Boba 2pk/reclaimed armor that are still siting around, maybe they would've done a 40th Anniversary re-release last year. I still prefer the ESB look, so I am happy they did that version.

They've been over producing for years, I'm sure they'll do a re release within the next few years, they don't necessarily adhere to anniversary years. Personally id take an all new fig

I wonder if HT didn't way over produce the 2 Mando beskar figures and the Boba 2pk/reclaimed armor that are still siting around, maybe they would've done a 40th Anniversary re-release last year. I still prefer the ESB look, so I am happy they did that version.
I don’t think they produced anywhere near as many Chrome Mandos as they did the Beskar v1.0 but yeah, they definitely went overboard with the Reclaimed Boba. Seems they corrected course with the BoBF version, though.

You never know on an RotJ re-release. They did just announce RotJ Han, what? A month or so ago? I’m actually surprised they didn’t announce much of anything for the anniversary compared to the ESB 40.

I was very much hoping for an updated ROTJ Boba and waited all of last year to see if they would do it. But after that rolled away I figured get this one until it becomes too hard to find.

Only 2 Star Wars figures in my collection have survived the Great Purge, ESB Boba and ROTJ Scout and speeder. I would be tempted to add an updated or even re-release of ROTJ Boba.

I really, really badly want a new ROTJ Fett! I sold mine a few years ago thinking they would do another, especially since it's an older figure and they have even better painting and weathering techniques nowadays. Was for sure thinking they would do one for the ROTJ anniversary... anyways still hoping.

Would love to see another try from HT for a ROTJ Fett but they'd probably just use one of the old helmet sculpts in the same way the new ROTJ Vader uses the lackluster ESB sculpt so it'd likely be a pass anyway.

The HT ROTJ helmet sculpt was pretty bad, even by HT's super-middling standards on Fett, stormie and Vader helmet sculpts of the past. I recently partly destroyed one of my HT ROTJ Fett helmets to make my 1/6 Kenner Fett helmet (one that actually matches the Kenner figure, unlike the kinda-sorta match of the HT Kenner figure) which actually felt like a good thing to do. :lol

Back