1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the TFA/TLJ hybrid looks great, but for my money, I prefer to keep the facial difference between the two intact.

At the end of TFA, Luke was still in mourning, but he had also found at least SOME solace in his self-imposed exile.

When Rey showed up and forced him to re-examine his choices and double down on his path of removing his influence from the Galaxy, DESPITE A DIRECT APPEAL from Leia, Chewie, Han from the grave, and Rey herself, his soul was twisted and his resolve tested like never before.

For those reasons, the TLJ sculpt correctly shows the impact of the emotional vice he put himself into and put an ample amount of new age into his face.

So for for TFA, I?m content to stick with this:

KpOyGF.jpg

QGF, once again you have outstanding photos posted here. OGK, beautiful pose and photo also. You guys rock the toy photos and give me ( and others ) some great benchmarks to aim for. I am looking forward to digging into my pile of unopened boxes soon. I generally save my collecting and photo “play time” for cold weather up here in the north. The season is coming, can’t wait!!

QGF, once again you have outstanding photos posted here. OGK, beautiful pose and photo also. You guys rock the toy photos and give me ( and others ) some great benchmarks to aim for. I am looking forward to digging into my pile of unopened boxes soon. I generally save my collecting and photo “play time” for cold weather up here in the north. The season is coming, can’t wait!!
I look forward to your pics friend!!

Thanks, Man!

Always appreciate a kind word. Makes all that set up time and hundreds of unused shots worthwhile! 💞

I agree that the TFA/TLJ hybrid looks great, but for my money, I prefer to keep the facial difference between the two intact.

At the end of TFA, Luke was still in mourning, but he had also found at least SOME solace in his self-imposed exile.

When Rey showed up and forced him to re-examine his choices and double down on his path of removing his influence from the Galaxy, DESPITE A DIRECT APPEAL from Leia, Chewie, Han from the grave, and Rey herself, his soul was twisted and his resolve tested like never before.

For those reasons, the TLJ sculpt correctly shows the impact of the emotional vice he put himself into and put an ample amount of new age into his face.

So for for TFA, I?m content to stick with this:

KpOyGF.jpg

Couple of years late with replying to this lol, but lately, I’ve been thinking the same thing. I think overall, TLJ sculpt bears the slightly better likeness and TFA figure is obviously the better outfit with the Jedi robes, and mashing the two figures has appealed to me, but lately I’ve been noticing that TLJ sculpt is perhaps a bit too…pissed off of an expression to fit TFA outfit? It fits TLJ figure perfectly though with what his mood then was after Rey showed up and was pestering him from his perspective. I like to think that whenever he was in his Jedi robes, he was more at peace: First in finding solace in self-exile (which TFA sculpt captures) like you said and then after getting a pep talk from Yoda and performing his Force projecting sacrifice. I actually more appreciate having both figures now for both sculpts as opposed to just the one mashed figure.

And cool pic!

Last edited:
I went back and forth on these as I just wanted one old Luke. Each one has so many pros and cons.

To put it simply (for me), the TFA Luke contrasts on the shelf better with the other outfits of the old heroes we got. It's also from the better film and represents how we might have expected Luke to look. But the downside is the awkward body, the difficulty posing the cloak, and the sculpt isn't quite as good.

TLJ Luke on the other hand has the far better executed outfit and looks good in almost every iteration you put him in, plus Luke has far more screen time in this outfit. But also has the problems noted above (worse film, another dark outfit among Han and Leia). It's quite the conundrum. I ultimately stuck with TLJ version.

I would love to see a customized TFA version that solves some of its issues.

Back