1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little steam helps speed up the process and returns all spidey suits back to normal. I use the misses face steamer as its more gentle than an iron or kettle

That?s a great tip. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel this figure is particularly vulnerable to warm temperatures. I don't know how steam would affect it tho. Basically when the blue part of the suit (which is silkscreened onto the red fabric) gets too warm, it gets really soft and can become 'smudged' off the fabric, depending on how much pressure is applied. Especially from the clamp on the dynamic stand. I wouldn't use the clamp. If your using steam just wait till the temperature cools down before handling it.

Ive always posed my webheads in "extreme" poses and used steam to return the suits back to normal. Never had a problem. The thing with a face steamer is that it doesnt get too hot like a kettle. The suit only needs a few seconds. Let it dry and cool down naturally and you should be fine. It wont get rid of every crease but it shortens the length of time it takes the suit to return to normal. So instead of 6months as mentioned above, it takes about 3 days

I never use those grabbers on the dynamic stands (exception is the home made suit) as it can and does ruin the suits which are unrepairable as far as im aware.

Yeah I've seen the clamp damage the fabric on this and other HT. They really make them too strong for no reason. I live in San Diego, so not exactly super hot and not tons of humidity generally here either and it's held up well as shown above.

Question to all. I added myself to the movie promo version waitlist several months back. On sideshow it still shows as open. Does anyone have a good idea of how long it might take to get off the wait list or to finally be told that its closed?

I’m in the same boat. I got on the waitlist about 6 months ago. I’ve been wanting an MCU Spidey and don’t know if I should hold out for this or go for the upgraded suit.

Question to all. I added myself to the movie promo version waitlist several months back. On sideshow it still shows as open. Does anyone have a good idea of how long it might take to get off the wait list or to finally be told that its closed?

I have purchased the Far From Home Movie Promo version from eBay for 346 USD (new) just recently and I am happy with it ... better than waiting and not be even sure if the waitlist would be ever converted.

Movie promo edition was Sideshow exclusive and I think not many of them were made compared to homecoming ... I would not count on the waitlist being converted unless someone returns with defect etc.

0F71F3FD-85CF-455F-9394-BCB2841CC001.jpeg

Just received the FFH Movie Promo version today. Just a quick pose and pic session with the two together. Still haven't decided on a final pose for each, but they do look great together!

I sold my deluxe tech suit off last year thinking I?d wait for an updated endgame or far from home Spider-Man but alas they didn?t have anything design wise I liked. So I recently repurchased the movie promo version for a decent price and am awaiting its arrival.

I plan to dye the blue a bit darker to match the look in civil war more accurately as I liked the colors of that suit the best. Anyone have any tips on dying, coloring, or painting a suit? Much appreciated.

I'm happy with the movie promo version instead of the original one. I just hope when the FFH suit comes out, I can pick up a Tom Holland head sculpt and pray it's not magnetized like the Iron Spider suit was.

I'm happy with the movie promo version instead of the original one. I just hope when the FFH suit comes out, I can pick up a Tom Holland head sculpt and pray it's not magnetized like the Iron Spider suit was.

I still have my iron spider suit to go with the avengers and I?m wondering if I could mod it to work on the Movie promo version and still use the magnets.

I was able to darken the blue on the suit a bit. Just enough to tone it down from the almost turquoise color.
866c5d941a126085050ec6616a98f860.jpg

950ed64e2c75a2115958c8029e6b8a06.jpg

8f807d1924c5540e4de3515447cfc367.jpg

f63b33ca477a14b1857adc92de60d357.plist

I used a dark cobalt blue acrylic paint and watered it down so I could layer it on thin until I got the right color, and consistency. Didn?t take long at all.

Back