1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue is since its still the original Mk7 figure with rubber parts (panties, elbows), they can't do the whole thing electroplated shiny so it has to have the matte underwear look and they added a few other matte parts to try to even it out visually. The original isn't shiny gold but looks more consistent top to bottom.

Yeah.. I'd love a version with the rubber parts replaced, and give the gold more of a shine than the first version, but not totally gold chrome like the second version. (With the modern wear and tear look we've been getting lately)

Hope you have good luck finding one. This is now sold completely out of Shanghai and I think there is only one listing below $500 USD on the bay now.

Edit: now they are all above, the one that was under $500 is now listed above at $509.95

Hope you have good luck finding one. This is now sold completely out of Shanghai and I think there is only one listing below $500 USD on the bay now.

Edit: now they are all above, the one that was under $500 is now listed above at $509.95

Yes, just heard this myself from a friend over there. The Disney releases really feels like they're much more limited in production than standard releases and toy fair exclusives.

https://www.jhstoys.com/store/p734/hot-toys-iron-man-3-mark-xxi-21-midas-gold-chrome-version-marvel

This is the cheapest i've seen it recently... It was actually closer to $450 last time I looked.

I ordered mine from that site when it first came out. Obviously the shipping will take some time depending on where you live, but it arrived flawless.

I picked mine up from this business as well. They sell on eBay as well but you're going to pay more on eBay to cover for their fees.
Personally even as outrageous as the current price seems, there's a possibility this set may be impossible to find at a later point such as the Mark 42 Disney release. I waited it out on the Mark 42 Disney hoping it would drop in price, but ever since Disney sold out on these, they seem to be pretty much non-existent anywhere. The only one I see is listing for $1k on ebay :panic:

I picked mine up from this business as well. They sell on eBay as well but you're going to pay more on eBay to cover for their fees.
Personally even as outrageous as the current price seems, there's a possibility this set may be impossible to find at a later point such as the Mark 42 Disney release. I waited it out on the Mark 42 Disney hoping it would drop in price, but ever since Disney sold out on these, they seem to be pretty much non-existent anywhere. The only one I see is listing for $1k on ebay :panic:

The one that is on ebay is from them as well. That Mark 42 will be one of the most rare armors they released. Cannot see them re-releasing that now to Sideshow. Its a much better version too as it flexes the same way the Mark 43 does. They just painted a few extra 43's they had laying around I suppose. Also the clean armor and bloodless head sculpt of Tony is a nice variant.

So Midas is the only HPP figure I haven't purchased yet. Anybody own and handled this figure since its release? How's it holding up?

I definitely prefer the chrome look as it's more fitting and don't mind paying the premium to round out my collection. Just wanna make sure there aren't any huge issues.

So Midas is the only HPP figure I haven't purchased yet. Anybody own and handled this figure since its release? How's it holding up?

I definitely prefer the chrome look as it's more fitting and don't mind paying the premium to round out my collection. Just wanna make sure there aren't any huge issues.

Same floppy plastic as the Mark VII. The elbow rubber could tend to wear if the piece was stored in humid environments. Overall the Chrome is the one to get if you do not own one. With that just watch out for scratched chrome, but by the time its received in hand not much can be done about it.

Same floppy plastic as the Mark VII. The elbow rubber could tend to wear if the piece was stored in humid environments. Overall the Chrome is the one to get if you do not own one. With that just watch out for scratched chrome, but by the time you get that in hand not much you can to about it.
Cool thanks. It doesn't need to be perfect, so a scratch or little wear I can deal with. Don't care for this armor much. It was last for a reason, but unfortunately I'm a completionist.

Cool thanks. It doesn't need to be perfect, so a scratch or little wear I can deal with. Don't care for this armor much. It was last for a reason, but unfortunately I'm a completionist.

The chrome Midas will draw the eye on display. I have a soft spot for the original vii but the chrome Midas looks best among the other versions, stealth and sub zero. The original Midas is the least appealing for me in that lineup.

Couple snaps of Chrome Midas, pulled him out to take pics with retro sneaky. Chrome is really well made on the armor accents and it fits the mark suit quite well.

sUob9nB.jpg

DHLesaX.jpg

Couple snaps of Chrome Midas, pulled him out to take pics with retro sneaky. Chrome is really well made on the armor accents the mark quite well.

Stunning, isn't he hokietwo? As an IM completist, I had to snag one of these when there were some decent deals. Before I opened mine, even after seeing all the pictures and comparisons to OG Midas, I was firmly in the camp that the OG was the better of the two. Then I opened mine up and realized how wrong I was. And I'm not trying to sound like an IM snob, but I really think that 95% of people who say they like the original better either don't have the GC version, or are in denial :lol :cuckoo:

If the chrome one was all chrome it would be awesome, but the matte rubber parts really spoil the effect for me. The original at least looks consistent head to toe, not half chrome with a rubber diaper

Back