1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still really torn on this one. Want him to go with my Stealth Mark VII and Sub-Zero (on PO), but
just not loving that price tag. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other, lol?

It was tough for me to swallow as well. But I knew it would be my best chance at adding a version of this mark to my collection.

I certainly don't regret it.

I know there is no way any of us really knew if it was coming to sideshow or not, but a sideshow rep did tell me it was unlikely, so I went for it. No regrets here either.

Get IT ! It is awesome in hand !
65aafc9d961da260d9667674e634dc86.jpg

My Midas just arrived. I'm very satisfied with this piece. Highly recommend it. The rubber in the elbow is a downside, though. We need an upgraded mark vii version.
4557c54706e0c67bf5b31f0d3f7dfc4c.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

My Midas just arrived. I'm very satisfied with this piece. Highly recommend it. The rubber in the elbow is a downside, though. We need an upgraded mark vii version.
4557c54706e0c67bf5b31f0d3f7dfc4c.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Great pickup and even better in person In my opinion! The Mk. VII mold isn't going to get the diecast treatment anytime soon. I was a bit hopeful that it might be next instead of the increasing likelihood that Mk. IV or II would be next after Disco was released with the updated hard plastic Mk. VII "panties" with the movable flaps but alas, SZ Mk. VII released with the old soft plastic "panties".

Who knows though, it could just as easily be the Mk. I, V or VII next since HT makes no sense in their releases :lol

I mean why do an IM2 diecast Mk. II Whiplash, followed by the Mk. I War Machine and topped with an AVENGERS Mk. VI :rolleyes:

Great pickup and even better in person In my opinion! The Mk. VII mold isn't going to get the diecast treatment anytime soon. I was a bit hopeful that it might be next instead of the increasing likelihood that Mk. IV or II would be next after Disco was released with the updated hard plastic Mk. VII "panties" with the movable flaps but alas, SZ Mk. VII released with the old soft plastic "panties".

Who knows though, it could just as easily be the Mk. I, V or VII next since HT makes no sense in their releases :lol

I mean why do an IM2 diecast Mk. II Whiplash, followed by the Mk. I War Machine and topped with an AVENGERS Mk. VI :rolleyes:

Licensing maybe?

I mean, the 6 does look like it has the iron man 2 battle damage.

I think a diecast 7 is inevitable. We've now got the mk 3 diecast, mk 6 diecast coming, and I'm assuming the 7 might be next. I definitely think there's a market for it. There's just so much that can be improved upon with a diecast release. Better looking battle damage, a better/more accurate paint job, and the 7 is dying to have its articulation upgraded.

Anyways, yeah, I love the chrome Midas.. It's one of the rare times that I'm not too bothered by inaccuracy.

Like you though, I wish they had nixed the rubber waist and elbows.

Didn't know they made 2 gold versions. And i didn't wanna pay $400+ on Ebay. Anyways, my brother just helped me pick up the latest one for $280 US......in case anyone wanna know what the retail price for this figure was.

It may not be clear to us why they do it a certain way but I'm sure there's a reason. Hot toys doesn't get to just make whatever they want when they want. The rights holders of each film get at least half the control over that. And as was stated above me licenses are a large driving force. They have to be renewed and maintained with new product every so often or they lose that contract. And often times a figure like mk7 stealth or subzero do not qualify as they are not "new" nor in the film. The war machine renews the im2 rights and the mk6 does the avengers rights. They also wanted to include all the avengers weapons and use the lines from that film in marketing (along with Loki) meaning legally they had to use the avengers license.

I am noticing some of these popping up on eBay with no "Hot Toys Exclusive" stickers on the box
front and no "Disney" stickers on the back… and the colors look off.

Possible bootlegs of the Chrome Midas?

Didn't know they made 2 gold versions. And i didn't wanna pay $400+ on Ebay. Anyways, my brother just helped me pick up the latest one for $280 US......in case anyone wanna know what the retail price for this figure was.

I'd be all over this at $280. Did you get it on ebay or from a site?

I'd be all over this at $280. Did you get it on ebay or from a site?

My younger brother went to Shanghai Disney last week, and i happened to Google up Shanghai Disney Exclusive Collectibles. So i asked him to find one gold Iron Man for me.
He said the store also throw in a Hot Toys collectible card inside a silver card pack. Don't know who i got yet. Still waiting for him to return to the state.

So to be clear there is 2 versions of Midas ? the Midas i have doesn't look all shiny like this.

Yeah.. I believe the Shanghai version is more of a "special color" version and the original is a bit more accurate.

I only have the Shanghai version, but I'd like an ultimate version that's a mix between the two.

The issue is since its still the original Mk7 figure with rubber parts (panties, elbows), they can't do the whole thing electroplated shiny so it has to have the matte underwear look and they added a few other matte parts to try to even it out visually. The original isn't shiny gold but looks more consistent top to bottom.

Back