1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the gold chrome stormtrooper figure as well and there is something about the specific pieces with the Midas that makes it more unique of a look. Each of the areas that are chrome on Midas are like vital pieces for protective purpose around the head, shoulders, chest, arms and thighs. The cod piece would be questionable all clad in chrome and would look pretty funny with a chrome diaper. :lol

Well if you want to explain the lazy repaint that way sure, but Midas in design is just Mark 7 without the "hotrod red". This one ended up as a strange mix of chrome at matte because the original 7 that they just repainted has soft rubber parts and you can't chrome those, and an all chrome minus the crotch would have looked even worse so they had to even it out with matte parts all over. If they had retooled it with the upgraded plastic parts found on Disco it could have gotten a more cohesive paint job, but all I see looking at is is a disappointing combination of shortcuts in production.

The rubber panties on Midas 1.0 don't stand out at least because it blends with the finish on the rest of the figure, on half chrome Midas they stand out hard. Top to bottom chrome would be a better look imo

attachment.php

I think you are missing the point to this release. I don't think it was laziness in my opinion it was done how they intended. I'm not ready to damn the whole figure for two sleeves of rubber and a soft rubber cod to allow the legs to flex. They have made four other suits executing the same formula and every one has sold out. The look obviously does not bother collectors buying this version.

I'm sure if this went on sale at Sideshow next week it would sell out in one day. So while it is your opinion, people vote with their wallets and the cheapest version of this armor goes for $500 now. Obviously someone out there likes the chrome look and is willing to pay a premium for it over the original, else the chrome would go for less than that one.

Well if you want to explain the lazy repaint that way sure, but Midas in design is just Mark 7 without the "hotrod red". This one ended up as a strange mix of chrome at matte because the original 7 that they just repainted has soft rubber parts and you can't chrome those, and an all chrome minus the crotch would have looked even worse so they had to even it out with matte parts all over. If they had retooled it with the upgraded plastic parts found on Disco it could have gotten a more cohesive paint job, but all I see looking at is is a disappointing combination of shortcuts in production.

The rubber panties on Midas 1.0 don't stand out at least because it blends with the finish on the rest of the figure, on half chrome Midas they stand out hard. Top to bottom chrome would be a better look imo

attachment.php

Sorry for the dumb question but is this the original or the chrome version?

Thanks - thought so but it looks different to me from the pictures in your earlier post of the chrome version. I guess its just the usual lighting thing.

Back