1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, first post.
I'm glad I got in on this figure when I had the chance. My local online stores ran out before I could place an order, so I had to use Sideshow.com to get the figure.

I've been alternating the poses for a few days at a time. My new favourite Hot Toys, from my favourite moment in Episode III.

My waitlist converted and I can get this guy right now on Sideshow. $300 shipped. I do like Anakin, not too crazy about him, but I might get him just for the resale value down the line. I have a feeling this piece could be worth a lot of money in the future. I doubt they will do another Anakin ROTS for a very long time, but who knows.

Bah! I had wondered if I should wait on getting this guy. I figured it wouldn't be waitlisted for a minute since it had already been available for a considerable time and most people aren't particularly fond of Anakin.

My waitlist converted and I can get this guy right now on Sideshow. $300 shipped. I do like Anakin, not too crazy about him, but I might get him just for the resale value down the line. I have a feeling this piece could be worth a lot of money in the future. I doubt they will do another Anakin ROTS for a very long time, but who knows.

Don't buy if you're only looking to get more for it later on. You might be able to. But you also might end up losing out.
What's more likely to happen is that they release a different dark side version with other parts or accessories when the Obi-Wan show comes out, and then everyone will be offloading this one cheap, making yours worth less than you paid for it.
The amount of people selling the original Avengers Cap cheaper when HT recently announced the new Endgame version with a better body shape and headsculpt comes to mind, along with several others.

I didn't even think about that, Hayden being in the Old Ben show makes a rerelease of atleast the light-side version pretty likely

I didn't even think about that, Hayden being in the Old Ben show makes a rerelease of atleast the light-side version pretty likely

Both of those guys de-age well. I'd say that, even now, Ewan looks the same age as Obi-wan in ROTS, so i can't imagine flashbacks would be out of the question. Either to a Clone Wars era, of even before.

It's unlikely that another dark side one gets released off the Obi Wan show. His whole dark side conversion was covered in ROTS.

If we do get a flashback i do hope it would be in the clonewars era so we get to see those live action jedi armors from the cartoons

It's unlikely that another dark side one gets released off the Obi Wan show. His whole dark side conversion was covered in ROTS.

Of course.
But i was hoping for several flashback scenes, set across Kenobi and Skywalker's entire story.
So we could see AOTC-era flashbacks, and also ROTS-era flashbacks. All relevant to the story, and with touching moments as well as telling moments that point to how dark Anakin could get.
All it takes is one flashback from the ROTS fight between them and we get a new, SDCC exclusive "Kenobi" DS Anakin, lol.

Don't buy if you're only looking to get more for it later on. You might be able to. But you also might end up losing out.
What's more likely to happen is that they release a different dark side version with other parts or accessories when the Obi-Wan show comes out, and then everyone will be offloading this one cheap, making yours worth less than you paid for it.
The amount of people selling the original Avengers Cap cheaper when HT recently announced the new Endgame version with a better body shape and headsculpt comes to mind, along with several others.

Yeah I decided to pass on my chance. Someone else who actually wants him can have him :)

Don't think we will see another dark side Anakin from hot toys soon, Kenobi show or not. Even if we did I dont see it being more fun then this one, what with the great droid base etc.

Back