1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Black Widow - Yelena Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having really enjoyed Pugh in Midsommar, as well as her portrayal of a typical 'younger sister' in Black Widow, I will be getting this. I think she is one of the most promising and powerful actors of this new generation.

The head sculpt is pretty great. Only doubt is that if Hot Toys do make another one of her in Hawkeye or beyond, her suit and accessories may be better in those outings of the character. Release date for the figure is also a year/over a year away, so bit of a dilemma whether to pick this up or just wait. By the time the figure is released, within a few months Hot Toys may relase another updated and 'cooler' looking version.

Because this a particular figure is quite plain and from an average movie, I don't think the secondary market price will be that high either to be completely honest, so no real rush to get it pre-ordered.

Sculpt looks near decent to me.

View attachment 542242
Truth is, you can take two different pictures of Florence Pugh herself, put them togther, and they can look like two different people. Expressions and angles change heavily how someone looks. In this comparison, the Hot Toys sculpt has a more stern and determined expression, whereas Pugh in the real poster has more of an open-eyed and relaxed eyebrow expression. The angle you've chosen isn't even the same. In the other comparison pictured posted by someone, the sculpt looked almost identical. It is the same angle and has a similar expression, and you can see how well Hot Toys have captured the features. The main aspect is capturing the facial features, because they do not change no matter the angle, except for when different expressions are made, and I think Hot Toys have captured her features very well - face shape, nose, lips, eyes, eyebrows etc, and particularly for her blank yet stern expression. Only area for improvement would perhaps be eybrow thickness/height. It looks great as it it, but they will probably tweak it a little more closer to release, and it will end up looking just right.

Last edited:
I do wish they had made the body a bit thicker and fuller under the suit. I just watched the new Assembled episode for the movie on Disney+, and was reminded that the actress has a much stockier frame than Scarlett. I realize HT will never make a new female body, but a bit of extra padding wouldn't have hurt, especially since it would all be covered up by the outfit anyway.

What we have now is almost more like a younger teenage Yelena.

Last edited:
I do wish they had made the body a bit thicker and fuller under the suit. I just watched the new Assembled episode for the movie on Disney+, and was reminded that the actress has a much stockier frame than Scarlett. I realize HT will never make a new female body, but a bit of extra padding wouldn't have hurt, especially since it would all be covered up by the outfit anyway.

Yes, the figure's looking a bit slight for Florence Pugh was one of the first things I noticed, especially when the vest is closed & snug. If it still looks that way upon release, leaving the vest undone and adding padding ourselves could be a viable option. Then again, it doesn't look like the white jumpsuit has a working zipper, so maybe easier said than done?

Agreed. I hope they do something to make a her a little thicker. I think she specifically said that she won't slimmen down for this role, and it is one of her main physical features in my eyes. Torso could definitely be wider, and the arms and legs padded. The body could also be a little shorter. If not that, then her head needs to be a little bigger. Pugh has quite a narrow but full body, and a quite a big head. Her proportions are unique, she can't possibly have the same body proportion as Black Widow, it would completely mess up her appearance.

Attachments

• main-qimg-840c57322baef5ca2054eb6c07dec75d.jpeg
    main-qimg-840c57322baef5ca2054eb6c07dec75d.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Black-Widow-2021-Yelena-Belova-Vest-1.jpg
    Black-Widow-2021-Yelena-Belova-Vest-1.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Easy pass on these figures from this film. Hot Toys is saving me money on the Marvel announcements but they killed my wallet with the Mandalorian line!
Yep. And if figs are gonna be regularly 300$ or more, with shipping - well, my collecting days will be even more ratcheted back. Sucks all the fun out if, and it's more like high end collecting for well-off folks. And none to sure the average collecting community is made up of people with six figure bank accounts.

Still, I'd like this fig, but need some RPs or coupons or something. IMO the headphones are a useless accessory and she doesn't ship from SSC for a year anyway.

Last edited:
Truth is, you can take two different pictures of Florence Pugh herself, put them togther, and they can look like two different people. Expressions and angles change heavily how someone looks. In this comparison, the Hot Toys sculpt has a more stern and determined expression, whereas Pugh in the real poster has more of an open-eyed and relaxed eyebrow expression. The angle you've chosen isn't even the same. In the other comparison pictured posted by someone, the sculpt looked almost identical. It is the same angle and has a similar expression, and you can see how well Hot Toys have captured the features. The main aspect is capturing the facial features, because they do not change no matter the angle, except for when different expressions are made, and I think Hot Toys have captured her features very well - face shape, nose, lips, eyes, eyebrows etc, and particularly for her blank yet stern expression. Only area for improvement would perhaps be eybrow thickness/height. It looks great as it it, but they will probably tweak it a little more closer to release, and it will end up looking just right.
The Hot Toys sculpt has a more Rhonda Rousey expression*

There, fixed it for ya! :lol

Look, this sculpt is pretty solid work, but I would hardly consider this a perfect slam-dunk. It's a very solid effort on HT's part though, but it's not a clear winner to me at least.

I think the prototype face sculpt and paint look incredible. About the only tweak I would make, if I could, would be making the eyes a little bigger. I don't think the proportions and feature relationships are all that off as it is, but if pressed that's what I might focus on.
Otherwise I think HT nailed her likeness- as well as giving her a little more focused look.

Whether the likeness and that look will survive production is another story. I thought the EG BW had more of an expression than any previous BW, which was a big reason why I PO'd it. The final released product lost any subtlety there and looks like every other female character with a blank, zombie expression.

Against my better judgement I pre-ordered this with Timewalker, just in case it does turn out well. The fabric suit will make for a big win if the likeness is maintained in the production pieces.

The price is rough, but the mere fact that it is a figure not made of textured rubber catapults this into a high interest category. If they fix the boots on the black widow suit I just may have to get the pair

The Hot Toys sculpt has a more Rhonda Rousey expression*

There, fixed it for ya! :lol

Look, this sculpt is pretty solid work, but I would hardly consider this a perfect slam-dunk. It's a very solid effort on HT's part though, but it's not a clear winner to me at least.
What is a 'Rhonda Rousey expression'?

Is it something like this? Because I'm really not seeing the resemblance. :unsure:

0e19bb3bf7fa95961049b0f9d4641906

Wow, this figure looks incredible. The head sculpt is dead on, nothing else to say. I do see that the figure should be a bit thicker to match the actress's on screen proportions, but for me it's an infinitesimal criticism.

Gotta say, I'm pretty much set on a fair portion of the majority of female figures HT puts out. My first was Shuri, and now my roster is ever growing. I'd be happy to add Yelena!

Back