1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Black Widow - Yelena Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we all know prices are going up, I don't think $270 is that bad. Labor costs and shipping costs are super high. They have to future proof these releases with pricing too, they're not jacking prices on the current figures that are costing a lot more to ship over here right now than when they put them up for preorder.

I think we all know prices are going up, I don't think $270 is that bad. Labor costs and shipping costs are super high. They have to future proof these releases with pricing too, they're not jacking prices on the current figures that are costing a lot more to ship over here right now than when they put them up for preorder.
That’s their problem that we end up paying for. I don’t care about any of the hardships that these companies face, if I don’t feel I’m getting good value for money then they aren’t getting my money.

Yes but if the shipping crisis is resolved in the next year and a half and those costs come down, I dont think hot toys/sideshow are going to reduce the cost of this.

Yes but if the shipping crisis is resolved in the next year and a half and those costs come down, I dont think hot toys/sideshow are going to reduce the cost of this.
Yeah, if you think these prices are going down when the shipping situation is resolved, you are sorely mistaken. The cost is almost always passed on to the consumer, and even if the situation that caused those price hikes settle down, that new price point remains. Why wouldn't it? It is extra profit for the company. I think those who will continue collecting will have to get used to the fact that HT 1/6 figures are going to be >$300 (after shipping and tax) going forward.

I'm surprised Hot Toys is making more TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS? That's like $300 after tax and shipping. Wow.

Sorry, is making more figures from the film. Maybe they're testing the waters to see how well the future MCU Black Widow will do on the market. I think I recall seeing it said that Black Widow figures are some of the best selling for Hot Toys.

Being that Yelena Belova/Florence Pugh will be the MCU Black Widow for a while, there'll probably be more figures of her. But not for a very long time.

I understand the reasons for price increases, and usually don't really complain about them. It's always been an expensive hobby. But some collectibles definitely don't feel worthwhile anymore.

And yeah, the bad thing about some of these crisis related price increases (not just for figures) is that once a company knows what you're willing to pay, they're unlikely to lower prices willingly.

Yeah considering that prices are shooting up sky high for everything these days, it doesn't seem realistic to not expect HT figures to do the same. Ultimately for me though it just comes down to how good the figure looks, and this one looks WAY too nice not to have in the collection. So I got my order placed.

If it really did come to $300 I might be more hesitant, but $273 shipped at Timewalker I can still live with.

Last edited:
Not even the MacGuffin mind control gas vials?
That was exactly what I said as well.
I really wish HT can display Yelena right next to the white suit Natasha, just to get a sense of scale and comparing the head sculpts. I think the white suit Natasha has 3 pistols (vs. 1 for Yelena), no daggers, no headset, with basically the same baton setup. Yet white suit is $20 cheaper. I know it’s not a big difference, but it’s basically bare bones comparing to bare bones here? I don’t get where the extra $20 came from. So she is a pass for sure. Personally, I want to see what she looks like in Hawkeye.

^

White suit Natasha looks like a better deal for a Black Widow figure.

If Yelena gets a future appearance (which she will), she may look more unique and have a better costume. But, that will take yearssssss to come out.

I think you should get this only if you really enjoyed her character or want to complete a movie line.

^
If Yelena gets a future appearance (which she will), she may look more unique and have a better costume. But, that will take yearssssss to come out.
I am just waiting for the Black Widow Begins moment when she puts on the Widow emblem…I think in the current environment, I think Marvel will ditch the skintight catsuits in favor of realistic/practical fatigue similar to Yelena’s snow suit here moving forward. Oh well…

Funny I just saw this film last night, which I thought was good. I like Yelena in the movie and was hoping that a figure would eventually be made. Especially since both Natashas and Taskmaster were revealed a while ago. Coincidentally I saw the prototype pictures were just released. This was completely unexpected, since there were no teasers.

Yeah considering that prices are shooting up sky high for everything these days, it doesn't seem realistic to not expect HT figures to do the same. Ultimately for me though it just comes down to how good the figure looks, and this one looks WAY too nice not to have in the collection. So I got my order placed.

If it really did come to $300 I might be more hesitant, but $273 shipped at Timewalker I can still live with.
Thanks for mentioning Timewalker. I keep forgetting about those guys.

I think the portrait looks great- much better than any of the recent Scar Jo BWs. Don't know how well it will translate into production pieces, but the potential looks to be there.

The price sucks, but here's a spoiler- it's not going to be getting any better.

Cherry pick? If a sculpt is 100% "perfection" as some people have erroneously claimed, then it should look fine from EVERY angle!

This sculpt isn't it. It's a 7/10 at best.

Rhonda Rousey should sue for having her likeness used without her permission! :rotfl

What a terrible argument unless you think people's face don't move and photos are never edited.

Last edited:

Of course they won’t lol. If increased prices due to whatever reason still brings in sold out products why would they decrease price? It’s literally bad business.

That has to be one of the most realistic sculpts I've ever seen. Look at that hair detail. That's insane.

Once again HT does their best work with a mediocre character from a meh film. So annoying.

To be fair, she won't be mediocre moving forward, from everything we know...
I am pretty excited that they are releasing this, didn't think she was going to be made
until a later movie/appearance.

Idk why we're praising HT for the suit material, it looks accurate to the movie, as it should.

Easy pass on these figures from this film. Hot Toys is saving me money on the Marvel announcements but they killed my wallet with the Mandalorian line!

Back