1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my R2 a few days ago from a local dealer I work with (Hawkwarz Toyz on IG), and he is an absolute treasure!

Since this is my only R2 that isn't Sideshow or Hasbro, I was afraid that the AOTC weathering would be too over the top for him to stand in for OT R2, but the "dirt and grime" on this guy, in my opinion, is the perfect balance!

He's clearly not going to work for pristine R2 at the end of ANH, but he works GREAT for weathered sandy Tattooine R2, or pretty much any appearance where he's not supposed to be spotless. HT has really perfected the natural look of the weathering. It really looks organic and real. Couldn't be more pleased!

Last edited:
Does anybody know how to remove R2 legs?
Having received him I noticed they are the wrong way round to the movie.

8feacaf017deffbd0079ed89fc41c6f1.jpg
image_88f51c0e.jpeg
Star-Wars-9-leak-C3PO-and-R2D2-in-Attack-of-the-Clones-1812996.jpg

When do people
Speculate this might ship from Popcultcha?

Also, do they gut the electronics for US orders? Or just local? Or what’s the news with that new battery law as of late?

When do people
Speculate this might ship from Popcultcha?

Also, do they gut the electronics for US orders? Or just local? Or what’s the news with that new battery law as of late?

They would not do that to any of the figures. That’d be bad for various reasons.

Fortunately they’ve apparently been able to skirt around it by just not including the batteries, seemingly from the factory.

Should be shipping soon. AOTC Trooper and Pilot were only a few months behind the US. Though it could be a little longer because of the need for the batch of AU specific battery free figures.

Not sure if they were Aussie orders, but I saw on IG (not for this, but some other HT figure with batteries) that it also had a special label on the art box with a battery warning. Can't remember the figure as it was a couple of weeks ago. I just remember thinking, "ahh is that what they're doing now?"

Not sure if they were Aussie orders, but I saw on IG (not for this, but some other HT figure with batteries) that it also had a special label on the art box with a battery warning. Can't remember the figure as it was a couple of weeks ago. I just remember thinking, "ahh is that what they're doing now?"
yeah I posted Darktrooper and another figure with the Label warning for us Aussies who are getting figures locally from Pop with the batteries.

Don’t like that PC doesn’t come with battery compartment and batteries. I understand but mine feels incomplete. Good thing I have Deluxe as well to test features.

Don’t like that PC doesn’t come with battery compartment and batteries. I understand but mine feels incomplete. Good thing I have Deluxe as well to test features.
What do you by doesn’t come with battery compartment? Have they removed the functionality completely? Normally they just take the batteries out of the box.

Back