1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ESB - Darth Vader

Can't thank you enough for providing this link! Very useful reference material for a Vader custom. This pic, in particular, is my favorite. One of the best shots of Vader's boots that I've seen, especially considering that one has the shin guard on and one doesn't. In the Hot Toys promo pics for this figure, the shin guards appear to be the same as the RO version. Those don't have the two indents come down far enough, and they have a ridge near the bottom. This movie set photo shows how far the indents should run, and that there shouldn't be a ridge. Not a big deal, but using their ANH shin guard molds instead of the RO ones would be more accurate; just gotta shine 'em up. Also always great to see Vader with no cape; the body proportions can be rendered really accurately with shots like this.

View attachment 392103

Thanks again for posting that link, shockwave!

My pleasure ajp4mgs, glad I can help.

:duff

I thought that was an updated pic of the Hot Toys ESB vader. window peak gone, correct helmet proportions...too bad

I’m so stoked for this. All the folks saying “may as well wait for RoTJ Vader” I’m assuming are just saying that because they want the whole removable helmet instead of the partial? But that base is so sick!

That's what I'm wondering as well. The figure needs a discussion thread, you figure the inflammatory posts (if that's the reason why it was locked) would simply have been removed as opposed to locking down the entire thread.

Any possibility that HT bring us a double pack of this Vader with Luke DX07?

Not sure if I'll get this ESB Vader yet, since I have the HT ANH superbly modded by JazzInc and thus I might wait for an eventual ROTJ version. But I'll watch this thread to see how this figure is compared to others

Not sure if I'll get this ESB Vader yet, since I have the HT ANH superbly modded by JazzInc and thus I might wait for an eventual ROTJ version. But I'll watch this thread to see how this figure is compared to others

IMG_20171114_010115.jpg

Back