1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol yupp. Maybe I'll be able to snag Jazz's meditation chamber for this guy. That'll make me feel alot better about it.

since they have to make more removable parts and probably change sculptors, it's not even guaranteed an eventual RoTJ Vader will have a more accurate head sculpt because the whole thing is more complicated to fit together. Could go either way and if you miss the ESB one you might end up regretting it

I just know that one day a 1:6 figure will be made with 3D scans of the real props with no sculpting approximation. Unless it's a perfect figure I'm starting to wonder what I have to gain from my Rogue One version if there's something that bothers me on every new version I get

From the new picture the dome still isn't sitting quite right on the face mask

Apart from anything, this is the first time a 1/6 Vader face mask has come close to being accurate. The asymmetry and curves in the cheeks finally looks right, which has always thrown off the look in previous iterations. I'd like to see the Hasbro titanium dome on top of this face plate.

This is certainly not the first time a 1/6 mask has come close to being accurate. All Hot Toys versions are damn close. They aren't perfect, but to say they aren't close is ridiculous.

If you say so. He was to me!

Oh :wink1: ...someone before me told this.... "The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends."

but...really? you see Vader as an antagonist? Fascinating!

He said ESB Vader is the lone antagonist which he is. If he had said throughout the whole trilogy, most specifically ROTJ, then yes, you would be right.

And have they fixed the widow's peak on this yet? Christ, how could they get that wrong of all things.

This is certainly not the first time a 1/6 mask has come close to being accurate. All Hot Toys versions are damn close. They aren't perfect, but to say they aren't close is ridiculous.

Depends on your definition of accurate, closeness, likeness etc. Our opinions differ, that is all. In my opinion this is the first time the different elements that make up the mask have come together to give an overall impression of accuracy in a 1/6 Vader. I expected HT would be the ones to achieve it however.

I don't think the widow's peak will be there in the production piece.

A few shots of my loose Tarkin / Vader....
IMG_2482.jpg
IMG_2483.jpg
IMG_2487.jpgIMG_2484.jpg

No can do my friend, purchased loose off eBay just the figure and nothing else (ie no accessories) . Check out my unboxing

Oh well I am sure there will be pics soon from others. Looks like they reused all of the parts from the original ANH and added the R1 gloves. The only new addition is the light up arm with R1 gloves.

You subscribed though right!! Thanks man :hi5:

You bet fellow Canadian :).

I just found the light up saber arm on eBay. That means I have a little of every Hot Toys Vader thus far... I am skipping ESB and will probably get the ROTJ Vader with full head reveal. Three Vader’s are enough 🤞

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ESB - Darth Vader

I hope no one minds this link from TESB of Vader in his med-chamber.

https://www.starwarsarchives.com/dt_gallery/scene-29-hunting-the-falcon/

Can't thank you enough for providing this link! Very useful reference material for a Vader custom. This pic, in particular, is my favorite. One of the best shots of Vader's boots that I've seen, especially considering that one has the shin guard on and one doesn't. In the Hot Toys promo pics for this figure, the shin guards appear to be the same as the RO version. Those don't have the two indents come down far enough, and they have a ridge near the bottom. This movie set photo shows how far the indents should run, and that there shouldn't be a ridge. Not a big deal, but using their ANH shin guard molds instead of the RO ones would be more accurate; just gotta shine 'em up. Also always great to see Vader with no cape; the body proportions can be rendered really accurately with shots like this.

Scene029-Meditation-Chamber024.jpg

Thanks again for posting that link, shockwave!

Back