1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c353ec25-0273-45c9-b564-7c4b639ebabe.jpg

I took a while to figure out which vader to get, but I'm blown away by this figure,
despite the minor details some people pointed out, HT really delivered a gorgeous figure

Wanted to repose my Vader tonight. And I did, but not without frustration. I took out all the little batteries i had installed b/c they are a pain to turn on and i worry about corrosion. That took a while. Then I went to change out the gloves....Man, what a pain that is. I really wished Hot Toys would have placed pegs in every glove for ease of insertion like sideshow does with their 1/6 scale figures. I think it would have helped out a lot with this figure. I was going for the scene in cloud city right after Vader cuts off Luke's hand and is asking him to join him. The base provided is cool but the hole for the crotch grabber part isn't oriented correctly. It should be positioned to have Vader face the sliced off portion, not stand to the side. Or am I missing something? I really love this figure but wished it was easier to exchange the gloves and wished the stand was tweaked just a little. Reposing will not be happening for a while.

Nice shelf... especially that Scout Trooper setup and Inferno Squad mod :clap

Thanks, The scout trooper also had a body mod

My Vader ended up getting overcrowded, need to get anew cabinet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, he is a big boy, takes a lot of room , and I think he would look imposing with more space

4b0d6680ca2b5039c4fc5e903c97d60a.jpg

Those figures look great, but since the scales don't match , I'd suggest moving him on his own for now :)

Thanks, The scout trooper also had a body mod

Yeah, he is a big boy, takes a lot of room , and I think he would look imposing with more space

Those figures look great, but since the scales don't match , I'd suggest moving him on his own for now :)

Oh I plan on moving him, I just need another cabinet, I’ve run out of room, i have 10 boxes of black series figures waiting to be displayed

Wanted to repose my Vader tonight. And I did, but not without frustration. I took out all the little batteries i had installed b/c they are a pain to turn on and i worry about corrosion. That took a while. Then I went to change out the gloves....Man, what a pain that is. I really wished Hot Toys would have placed pegs in every glove for ease of insertion like sideshow does with their 1/6 scale figures. I think it would have helped out a lot with this figure. I was going for the scene in cloud city right after Vader cuts off Luke's hand and is asking him to join him. The base provided is cool but the hole for the crotch grabber part isn't oriented correctly. It should be positioned to have Vader face the sliced off portion, not stand to the side. Or am I missing something? I really love this figure but wished it was easier to exchange the gloves and wished the stand was tweaked just a little. Reposing will not be happening for a while.

I haven’t reposed mine just because of how impossible the gloves are to change

Yeah, ESB is my favorite Vader performance, but ANH is my favorite Vader outfit rendition. I prefer the robe over the armor, I like the chest box better, and I like how the belt, chest box, and armor are closer together. The majority of my OT SW figures are also from ANH, so it’d just feel wrong not to have ANH Vader with them as well.

If I were to get another Vader though, it’d undoubtedly be ESB. Probably in that exact pose that you have yours.

Yeah, ESB is my favorite Vader performance, but ANH is my favorite Vader outfit rendition. I prefer the robe over the armor, I like the chest box better, and I like how the belt, chest box, and armor are closer together. The majority of my OT SW figures are also from ANH, so it’d just feel wrong not to have ANH Vader with them as well.

If I were to get another Vader though, it’d undoubtedly be ESB. Probably in that exact pose that you have yours.

Yep, Vader looks a bit like a slob in the sequels with all of his computerized abdomen components spread apart kinda showing his gut. My favorite Darth Vader will always be the Rogue One/A New Hope one.

Got mine yesterday. I love it! But I find the diorama stand a bit impractical so today I bought a stand from the mms 434 figure (i think...) to display him on. Why HT didn’t include a more practical stand is beyond me.

Yeah, I agree the diorama stand with this is a bit impractical. I think he’d look great on the Bespin carbon freezing room base that comes with DX07; unfortunately, it says Luke Skywalker on it though. Unless you can peel it off and affix a Darth Vader name plate to it instead.

Yeah, I agree the diorama stand with this is a bit impractical. I think he’d look great on the Bespin carbon freezing room base that comes with DX07; unfortunately, it says Luke Skywalker on it though. Unless you can peel it off and affix a Darth Vader name plate to it instead.

The Bespin stands (SS and HT) are nearly impossible to find loose. Ideally, the SS Boba Fett v1 is the way I’d choose to go. (I thought I’d bought an extra years ago, but I couldn’t find it)

Back