1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! ;)

Got mine in a trade last week.
Always liked the character but he looked weirdly proportioned compared to yutaka minowa awesome chara designs.
He missed the stylized athletic look, felt like a cross between the Old school anime and the cgi movie.
So i decided to swap the waist and thighs, used regular hot toys body parts instead of slim body that was used.
Now he looks far much better to me.
While i was at it i gave him a shorter/Normal neck too.
Still need to work on the belts to make them sit lower.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
nice :)
I don't dare to change anything. 200€ is far too much to play around with and break something.
here is mine ^^
HarlockP1020752.jpg

he stands completely by his own.
I wished they had use velcro strip for the cape. don't want to remove the head for removing the cape :/

You are from france? then can you tell me why his name is Albator in french version instead of Harlock?

nice :)
I don't dare to change anything. 200€ is far too much to play around with and break something.
here is mine ^^
View attachment 282418

he stands completely by his own.
I wished they had use velcro strip for the cape. don't want to remove the head for removing the cape :/

You are from france? then can you tell me why his name is Albator in french version instead of Harlock?

After customizing a few figures im now very comfortable with modifying them to my liking :)
Looks good tight out of the box tho.

Well couldnt tell yu really why the name change.
They probably didnt like the sound of harlock.
Many shows were renamed totally.
Maybe they get to pay less property right to the owners at the time.

well I think I can imagine. I know the H is soundless in french.
but Albator sounds well too. :)

I guess I know the reason for Harlock's rename now. Asked some people at Deviantart and one of them told me of Tintin and the captin there is named Haddock. Maybe they wanted to avoid any confusion with him. This explains alot I think.

Hmm, been looking to buy this character for a while with the throne but the price point is still too high. Bbts has it but maybe it'll hit clearance eventually?

if you are good at customizing you drive better by buying the throneless version and build that "chair" by your own. the throne looks great, but I really doupt that it is worth to pay twice the price of the Doll's single pack...
(Or use a pink Barbie chair xDDD)

Just picked this set up finally for a great deal, really awesome figure. Hot Toys did an amazing job on this one. My next acquisition will be their keberos figure when I can find a good deal on it.

Hi there.
I'm currently searching for a Cape replacement. Our Cat jumped on my shelf and he fell of. Figure itself is fine, but the red "leather" part of the Cape got damaged. Covered it the best I could with a red marker, but you still notice when having a closer look. Any ideas? I already mailed to Hot Toys but didn't have any luck.

Hi there.
I'm currently searching for a Cape replacement. Our Cat jumped on my shelf and he fell of. Figure itself is fine, but the red "leather" part of the Cape got damaged. Covered it the best I could with a red marker, but you still notice when having a closer look. Any ideas? I already mailed to Hot Toys but didn't have any luck.
sorry to hear that. i saw it in actual, still looks impressive. too bad the pleather has failed. i guess he will eventually be battle damaged.

you could try plastidip red paint sprays but if you mask the other areas off you might damage the leather.

Ah this really doesn't sound good. Guess I have to wait for some sellers that sell this amazing figure piece by piece as organ donor for other figures... -____-;

Ah this really doesn't sound good. Guess I have to wait for some sellers that sell this amazing figure piece by piece as organ donor for other figures... -____-;
if they are original chances are they have gone bad too even new in the box. best bet is get a tailor to do it. if just a cape shouldn't be too difficult to sew a piece of cloth together with a piece of real leather and some wires around.

Back