1/6 Hot Toys- Mighty Thor (Jane Foster)- Thor: Love and Thunder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I'll end up with this but no reason to pull the trigger so far out, battle damaged helmet does nothing without a battle damaged sculpt to go with it

It's for the exclusive battle damaged helmet. Regular version doesnt have timer. They did this last year as well for the exclusive items.

How "essential" is the damaged helmet to the overall scope of the movie?

Another collector posted that film screenshot but I have no context since I did not see the movie in the theater - after the mixed reviews, opted to wait for Disney +.

SSC - $355 (tax/shipping)

Timewalker - $298 (free shipping, no tax).

$57 markup is quite large for that one accessory.

i was thinking of displaying her with helmet on and off so maybe I'll get 2 figures (one from TW and SSC) that way I cover all my basis for all the accessories. :lol

Last edited:
The damaged helmet does happen, but at the very end battle. Its a pivotal scene and look but unless you're planning on getting out the paint and weathering supplies and going all in on a custom battle damaged version head to toe I can't see displaying the figure with the broken helmet

I’m thrilled with the price honestly, was expecting $325 with two heads and the hammer effects. Dr Strange is much more bare bones in my eyes. The more I look at the Battle Damaged Helmet, the less I feel like I need it. That may change at some point in the weeks to come, but as @rocbolt said, without an actual battle damaged sculpt to go with it it’s a little disappointing. Could have done a deluxe which includes that similar to Thor’s

Honestly, I’m still buzzing over it though. I know it’s silly because I’m paying for it, but this is really something I’ve been hoping and waiting for for a long time. I’m so very excited to see it and while there are some tweaks that are needed, I can’t wait to add her to the collection. May pick up a second as well so I can have a little less anxiety while posing. We’ll see.

Looks doll-ish but I don't know why... Odd. Maybe the features are too soft. Definitely agree it looks cheap overall
It definitely has the vibes of those 3rd party female figures of random figures.

The Portman sculpt will be the deciding factor for me. It would have to be really good to make me want to pay $350

So the helmet slides over the head? Really wish they’d stop doing that.
The Mighty Thor (Jane Foster) sculpt is separate from the helmeted sculpt. If you order the Special Edition version the battle damaged helmet will switch out with the helmet on the helmeted sculpt, so no worries about scuffing the Jane sculpt. :)

The Mighty Thor (Special Edition) Sixth Scale Figure features:
  • Authentic and detailed likeness of Natalie Portman as Mighty Thor in Thor: Love and Thunder
  • One (1) interchangeable helmeted head sculpt
  • One (1) newly developed Mighty Thor head sculpt
  • Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture and make-up
  • Blonde long wavy hair sculpture
  • Approximately 29 cm tall
  • Newly developed specialized body with over 30 points of articulations
  • Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
    • One (1) pair of fists
    • One (1) pair of relax hands
    • One (1) pair for holding weapons
  • Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted

How "essential" is the damaged helmet to the overall scope of the movie?

Another collector posted that film screenshot but I have no context since I did not see the movie in the theater - after the mixed reviews, opted to wait for Disney +.

SSC - $355 (tax/shipping)

Timewalker - $298 (free shipping, no tax).

$57 markup is quite large for that one accessory.

i was thinking of displaying her with helmet on and off so maybe I'll get 2 figures (one from TW and SSC) that way I cover all my basis for all the accessories. :lol
Not sure how essential it is, sure if you are getting the figure from somewhere else, it can be cheaper, although it's the same price on SS for either version, which is also true for all the other figures with exclusive pieces.

Haven't seen this movie yet due to the mixed reviews...but yeah, my initial impression of this figure when I saw HT drop it on social media last night was wow, this looks cheap for some reason...like a 3rd party figure.

Haven't seen this movie yet due to the mixed reviews...but yeah, my initial impression of this figure when I saw HT drop it on social media last night was wow, this looks cheap for some reason...like a 3rd party figure.
That's a great way of putting it and I think that's exactly what this looks like to me as well. Like a 3rd party figure that comes out before the one HT releases.

To make up for Zurdo’s absence and so that I can enshrine my 2¢ plastic battle damaged helmet as a proud symbol of Sideshow’s manipulative sales tactics, I just preordered the exclusive.

I joke around a lot but I actually did. I guess I will be one of like 30 people with the Mighty Thor battle damaged helmet from Sideshow. :lol

FBCC7A1A-BB94-4CAA-9933-330CB3844D50.gif

What would Zurdo say?

Exclusive ordered! :thud:

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

:blissy:r2d2line

3C52025B-181C-4E20-8199-97B0412E5DB1.gif

They completely failed to capture the luster and shine of the armor on screen.

The sculpt looks utterly generic. Not liking the sculpted hair at all. It does look like a Marvel Legends figure.

The skirt should be a softer material. It should drape more. maybe add a wire.

I think the figure looks great on display.

They need to replace whoever is doing the promo pictures because they make some figures look awful right now.

What’s up with the 18 day ordering window? Trying to catch fomo?

If they start doing this wide scale I’ll never order anything lol
they did this last year too, also with meaningless bits you probably wont even take out of the box.

I think the figure looks great on display.

They need to replace whoever is doing the promo pictures because they make some figures look awful right now.
I agree, lately (well ok maybe the last couple years) the promo photos seem to not put the headsculpts/figures in the best light. Maybe it's the overuse of effects? I dunno, they always look drastically different when I see them photographed at secret base.

I think I'm one of the few looking forward to this, but then again, I like the character/story from the comics so maybe some bias is there and well Natalie Portman haha.

I enjoyed the film, but I can see how some may not like it. They probably could have pulled back on some of the humor to let the more dramatic moments hit a bit harder. I can kinda see where they are pushing the mcu with this, expanding the universe of their gods and lore which may not be for everyone.

Back