1/6 Hot Toys- Mighty Thor (Jane Foster)- Thor: Love and Thunder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sculpt looks great but I have no interest in the character

hopefully they update the Thor sculpt since it looks mostly like reuse - even though the film wasn't great I did want a Ravager Thor too (maybe a con exclusive?)

It has to be for both the helmet and to get to the eyes to move them
There are actually two head sculpts- one helmeted and one unhelmeted. But I still agree that the hairpiece should be removable to get to the eyes. The unhelmeted sculpt looks good enough that I wish I had preordered, even if I'd be tracking down a rooted hair wig to replace the plastic hairpiece...

There are actually two head sculpts- one helmeted and one unhelmeted. But I still agree that the hairpiece should be removable to get to the eyes. The unhelmeted sculpt looks good enough that I wish I had preordered, even if I'd be tracking down a rooted hair wig to replace the plastic hairpiece...
Thank you for the correction :duff i’ve edited my post

I am so glad that I PO’ed this one! She was great in the movie! (Overall, it was okay, I like Ragnarok better, Hemsworth was a bit off without Huddleston for sure) This headsculpt just seals the deal. Can’t wait! Will the Mighty Thor ever come back? Probably not, but this is MCU and the multiverse, right?

How so? The figure apparently didn't need the headsculpt revealed to sell its full allotment.
I think people should have an opportunity to see the most critical part of a piece of merchandise before being asked to put down a non-refundable deposit. Sideshow is most certainly adjusting their allotments based on initial interest and then capping orders for less popular figures so as to not get stuck with thousands of unsold copies three years later; a figure whose head is a blurred image isn't likely to have a lot of buyers willing to buy sight-unseen, leading to fewer orders thus leading to less availability overall.

I think people should have an opportunity to see the most critical part of a piece of merchandise before being asked to put down a non-refundable deposit. Sideshow is most certainly adjusting their allotments based on initial interest and then capping orders for less popular figures so as to not get stuck with thousands of unsold copies three years later; a figure whose head is a blurred image isn't likely to have a lot of buyers willing to buy sight-unseen, leading to fewer orders thus leading to less availability overall.

Edition sizes are most definitely getting smaller, a course correction after the last couple of years of overproducing left everyone holding stock they have to discount to sell. But I'm not sure there's that much of a correlation between buyers waiting to see a head sculpt > low order volume > smaller order size.

The basic clone trooper didn't have any sort of yet-to-be-revealed feature, and still hit wait-list super early. Gorr, Green Goblin, Valkyrie, Electro, Kate Bishop... the list goes on. All waitlisted, all still likely a year out. All with full reveals (no blurred heads).

HT has enough licenses, enough figures they can tackle, I feel like they've decided they don't to spend resources producing 10k units (a made up number) and having retailers holding water, when those same resources could produce 5k units of two different figures and sell out.

So whatever quantity of Mighty Thor Sideshow decided to order, they were able to ostensibly sell them all based purely on the figure/helmeted sculpt. Could HT have picked up a few more orders with the head sculpt reveal? Maybe. Perhaps Waitlist numbers get communicated to HT, and they then produce extra to satisfy what they see as demand, and many of those will convert down the road.

Or perhaps we're simply back to the you-snooze-you-lose environment for HT that we used to collect in a few years ago.

Back