1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first one looks sharp, but the suit is so tight he can't move.

Someone made a custom harness system for John Wick 2. The above is a video review. But honestly HT should have made it and included it with the figure. I mean how much can some molded plastic and webbing cost? And I'm not talking a dramatic amount of either. Some shotgun shells, some spare mags, some holsters and a buckle system.

Looks promising! Would be awesome to get a knew sculpt with the moving eyes especially if the suit may end up being restrictive. I might see about picking up a black shirt as I do prefer the all black look.

View attachment 629546

What's interesting is Wick didn't use the Kel Tec shotgun in Part 2, but he got it in the HT figure set. Even though it was only in a brief scene where he is burying it. And HT didn't reuse an older mold from another figure.
Yes, that detail drove me nuts, and as someone not particularly in the know about different types of weapons it took me ages to work this out. From memory the weapon database isn’t particularly clear on this detail.

Easy figure for them to do being that I bet they’ll just repaint the MR sculpt.

I have the JW2 figure, but I’ll for sure get this one as well to go with him since I like the character and it’s two different looks (shorter hair/longer hair; black shirt/white shirt).

So excited for this regret selling my JW 2 figure, I got the one from Eleven and Vimal but this and Donnie Yen's Character are must for me especially for a fact I'm goanna see the movie. Keanue came back into his fame from these movies and showed he can still helm a film franchise as the MC.

Yes, that detail drove me nuts, and as someone not particularly in the know about different types of weapons it took me ages to work this out. From memory the weapon database isn’t particularly clear on this detail.

Whenever possible, HT will reuse a mold it has versus making a new mold if it can get away with it. This is more common with the weapons because HT used to have a robust modern military line so they already having the tooling done for certain items

Examples

- Hot Toys Dutch. His rifle in the set has a removable carry handle. It's a reuse of a weapon in a HT paratrooper set long ago. But it's not accurate to the film. His pistol in the film is a Desert Eagle. That being said, the pistols aren't easily seen in the film and Dutch never fires it nor brandishes it. The set gave him a Colt 45, was just a rerun of one they've used before.

- Hot Toys John Connor ( regular and Final Battle) reuse the same pistol HT has used over and over again ( IIRC, it's a version of a Sig) but in the film he uses a HK MK23, which does fire in the film

- Hot Toys Platoon Chris Taylor. Same issue with the rifle. His in the set has a removable carry handle with a A2 rear sight. Not accurate to the film nor era HT just molded a new shroud/foregrip to put around the barrel of a rifle they've probably made before.

I know that can be nitpicking a bit here. But as the price points go up for these figures, the expectations for screen accuracy IMHO goes up with it. Everyone is a little different. I can live if the costume or the uniform is a bit off, whereas some people are very hard on that. But I'm pretty hardline about the guns. I want the guns right, that's probably more of a personal glitch on my part.

My best guess is HT added in some weapons from John Wick 1 to avoid making a JW1 figure, since there is marginal difference besides some of the weapons.

I'm surprised some knockoff brand hasn't made a mass produced gear set, but those are often more miss than hit from a sales/profit perspective.

Whenever possible, HT will reuse a mold it has versus making a new mold if it can get away with it. This is more common with the weapons because HT used to have a robust modern military line so they already having the tooling done for certain items

Examples

- Hot Toys Dutch. His rifle in the set has a removable carry handle. It's a reuse of a weapon in a HT paratrooper set long ago. But it's not accurate to the film. His pistol in the film is a Desert Eagle. That being said, the pistols aren't easily seen in the film and Dutch never fires it nor brandishes it. The set gave him a Colt 45, was just a rerun of one they've used before.

- Hot Toys John Connor ( regular and Final Battle) reuse the same pistol HT has used over and over again ( IIRC, it's a version of a Sig) but in the film he uses a HK MK23, which does fire in the film

- Hot Toys Platoon Chris Taylor. Same issue with the rifle. His in the set has a removable carry handle with a A2 rear sight. Not accurate to the film nor era HT just molded a new shroud/foregrip to put around the barrel of a rifle they've probably made before.

I know that can be nitpicking a bit here. But as the price points go up for these figures, the expectations for screen accuracy IMHO goes up with it. Everyone is a little different. I can live if the costume or the uniform is a bit off, whereas some people are very hard on that. But I'm pretty hardline about the guns. I want the guns right, that's probably more of a personal glitch on my part.

My best guess is HT added in some weapons from John Wick 1 to avoid making a JW1 figure, since there is marginal difference besides some of the weapons.

I'm surprised some knockoff brand hasn't made a mass produced gear set, but those are often more miss than hit from a sales/profit perspective.
Great detail, thanks for that. I don’t have any of those figures but it’s nice to know. I love the look of that shotgun so I’m not complaining. But yeah HT are skimps, fingers crossed we get some good stuff with the new one.

Strange they removed the teaser for the figures, probably people pointed out his finger and they are going to photoshop the promos now and make the correct hands. Hopefully it's announced today or next week.

Cool that we are getting both. I saw the film last night and it was 🔥 I'm also keeping my eye out on Blitzway's & Prime 1's John Wick they teased in the showcase PT2.

I'll either get both HT & P1 or just P1.

Yeah after watching the movie last night I'm definitely going to need both of these figures, as holy crap was it good. I don't even collect many villains but Donnie Yen was just insanely cool to watch and was such a fun character.

I just hope we get a greater variety of weapons for Wick this time (like the nunchucks and hatchet) instead of just the guns.

Back