1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey yall,

Need some help with the possible purchase of Mark L.

I currently own Mark 7, AoU Hulkbuster, and have Mark 5 / 85 on pre-orders. Do you think it's worth adding Mark 50 as well or I should keep the money for possible rereleases (Mark 6, 46)? I want to have a small Iron Man collection of about 5-7 Iron Man figures on one shelf, the most iconic and distinctive ones and I am afraid that mark 50 is somewhat similar to 85 due to the nanotechnology sleek look. What would you advise?

Thanks.
In terms of what Hot Toys have produced, I believe the Mark 6, 7, 46 and concept diecast suits are the best. For the actual movies, it's a bit different. Of course you have your favourites from the movies, but I would advise that you look at as many reviews as you can if you take in to consideration the actually Hot Toys build, sculpt, colour scheme and other factors. This forum helps tremendously also. Ultimately the decision is yours and remember, let it be yours alone.
I am a fan of Mark 50 but I am also a fan of almost every Iron Man figure (armor) but I do not want to have 10-20 Iron Man figures in my collection. I will satisfy with 5-7, the best ones, and now I try to figure out which ones are worth picking up now or in the future (build quality, gaps, etc.)
I really love Infinity War and Endgame, Infinity War more so. I believe Iron Man and Doctor Strange gave Thanos the most difficulty in terms of combat, so I picked them up. I also bought Thor, as his storyline and entrance into Wakanda was unforgettable. Ask yourself, which suit has the most impact and is constructed as good as can be for your taste. Hope this helps mate.

I've been meaning to repose this guy recently especially with the nano booster backpack but I've never actually removed it. Any tips? I really don't want to scratch up the paint trying to take it off.

This armor is just OK really (i prefer either mark 1, mark 6 plastic and die cast, and mark 7 diecast). 100 bucks off would have been nice if I didnt already have this.

This with acc pack or mark 46...... Hmmm.

I would still go for the mark 46. If the 45 was a Ferrari, the 46 is a Lambo and the 50..Porsche?

Last edited:
Apparently this is currently free shipping on Sideshow with a promo to get the Accessory set for FREE.

Accessories must have sold horribly :lol
All I see is 13% off with $5 shipping for just the figure "spooky22" Even if it was true that energy sword is also in the BD 85 iron man I think.

Screenshot_20221026-200552_Chrome.jpg

It's a very good deal!
I like Infinity War more but the 85 has that classic yellow/red color scheme and looks the most like Comic Iron Man of all the armors, still happy to have the 85 on order.

i added the special offer to my order and paid. but the accessory set doesn't show up in my order though. i wonder if it went thru. does anyone experience similar missing set scenario?

So I recently received my Mark 50 from a fellow collector, and not 24 hours later, the right arm falls out while posing. How disappointing. Then I open it up to see if it's something I can repair (opening it up is NOT easy, as it requires dissolving glue with acetone, which is incredibly damaging to the paint if they touch). Then I see the same part that's broken on the right side, is already starting to crack apart on the left side as well! The entire arm is held on with this incredibly small plastic bit deep in the arm socket. And it's made of that cheap plastic that just disintegrates when it starts to go, nothing to glue back together. What a joke. Why oh why wasn't this made of harder material. Needless to say, I'm now on the hunt for a new torso, or some kind of fix. Man, a 3D printer and some experience would be really helpful now.

IMG_5538.jpg

Also, watching a repair vid this customizer says use acetone to remove superglue from between plastic pieces. I tried this once years ago and the acetone melted everything it touched and ruined the paint. I would not recommend it under any circumstance.

9C896FF6-D98A-4C37-8992-BD55E05656DD.png

The right arm on mine just fell out last week, same issue with that part with the screw. Maybe its an issue with the first issue or else everyonea MK 50 is a ticking time bomb of breakage.

Hey all. I was able to work out a great repair for this figure's easily broken arm socket. I'll walk through it here in case it helps anyone.

So here's the break. It started with the this flimsy piece of plastic which seems to be the only thing that actually holds the entire diecast arm to the torso/body. It's literally just two small plastic tubes that a screw runs through, connecting it to a hinge in the body. Mine snapped off without me even noticing at first (until the entire arm fell out of the body). Then, upon opening up the figure, I found there was damage to the left arm's hinge as well, so that likely would've broken off very soon as well.

First I had to open up the torso. There are just two sets of screws holding it together. But they're both hidden under seriously glued down panels. The first set is on the front of the figure under the trapezius armor pieces. I carefully pried them off using an exacto blade working carefully across them, between the plate and the silver body they sit on.
IMG_5733.JPG

The next set is in the back, just under the flaps. I carefully slid my exacto back and forth under the silver lower portion of the flap until it popped off. Then slowly used the exacto to pry off the screw cover underneath.
IMG_5734.JPG

I didn't worry about the the revealed underside and screw area. They look roughed up when revealed. But it mostly disappears once the plates are glued back on at the end (seen below) and even more so once the red armor cover is placed over all of it.

IMG_5736.JPG

Here's the right arm hinge, after I glued the pieces back together. The prongs pointed at by the green arrows are the only thing holding the arms to the figure. Poor design for sure.
IMG_5588.jpg

Here you can see the left arm hinge breaking apart already as well.
IMG_5539.jpg

After gluing the pieces with loctite super glue (sparingly, it can make plastic brittle if too much is used), I grabbed some spare aluminum I had in the shop and began to cut and shape it to wrap around those flimsy plastic screw ports.
IMG_5597.jpg

I went ahead and reinforced the left joint as well. I used aluminum strips around the hinge joints and across the top for extra stability, adhering them with loctite as well. I made sure to keep the aluminum smooth and flush with the surface of the plastic so they fit smoothly into the ports on larger socket piece.
IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg

Next I install the arms back into their joints with the new reinforced pieces.
IMG_5732.jpg

Reassembled, it's as good as new. Perhaps even better, since I'm pretty sure the metal reinforcements will make those plastic joints even stronger than originally designed.

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

Last edited:
Back