1/6 Hot Toys Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Mantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very cute set. No interest in getting one but I love all the Christmas goodies included. This would’ve be a barebones figure otherwise as I can’t really think of anything she used in the movies as far as accessories go.

but I’m also disenfranchised with the MCU to the point that I could sell the whole lot off and be equally as happy watching my bank balance increase.
This is where I’m at too.

Last edited:
I had to check and, sadly, it appears that we should brace for that crappy, single joint female body Hot Toys lives to insult us with.
No evidence that the arms bend beyond 90 degrees.
81C905B6-603D-4B84-9567-85257386C65D.jpeg
6241FB72-A3F3-4BA9-B1B6-52C47AFDDF71.jpeg
F48718B7-98B4-407D-ADB9-F5C48ABB5A85.jpeg
9902518A-7C7C-4EFE-837F-7D8ABC4ADE9A.jpeg

I'm glad they are finally releasing this but I can wait to order until it comes out. I actually think this is going to be 20% off within a calender year of its release just like black widow.

Yes, Kit's PO cutoff was quick for this item. Since she was teased about a year or more ago, I have a feeling she is already in production and it will be a small run. One and done. Like Drax ;)

Just when you think Mace is coming, they throw this curveball.

I really need to watch that Christmas Special now.
It will be great to finally complete my Guardians lineup but I’m also disenfranchised with the MCU to the point that I could sell the whole lot off and be equally as happy watching my bank balance increase.

Im quite expecting GOTG 3 to be the last enjoyable MCU movie that doesn’t leave me unfulfilled, rolling my eyes or straight up baffled by the squandered potential.
You sound like me and a friend from work every time we talk about Marvel… I haven’t seen any of the movies since NWH at the cinema, there’s at least 1 haven’t watching on D+ and the others I wasn’t overly blown away by.

As for Disney+ shows this was the Holiday Special was the first I have watched in a good while (I haven’t seen the last 2 maybe 3 shows) but as it’s Guardians I gave it a go and it’s definitely worth watching.

The next film I am tempted to see in theatre (Marvel or otherwise) is GotG Vol3.

I’m not expecting them to do everyone from Vol3 and wouldn’t bet Nebula will make the cut - this one looks good to represent Nebula so I’m going to keep an eye on my preferred local retailer despite saying the recent Spider-Man was going to be my last Marvel PO for a while.

That was in the mindset for waiting on the Vol3 figures to finish my team (not overly bothered about them matching movie wise) so that’s my out clause.

Is the 3rd party body the same as the HT one?

Most likely a recast.

My memory is fuzzy but it looked slightly beefier than the HT one - but that may have been due to the promo pics with Drax wearing the hoodie vest from the X-Mas special.

Since I do not own a Hot Toys version and Drax is not particularly a favorite character of mine, I gambled with a PO of the 3rd party as a cheaper alternative and will just stuff him in the back of the display.

I went ahead and ordered this last night. I have been looking forward to HT making this figure for quite a while AND I don’t think another version of Mantis will be produced in the near future so I decided to pull the trigger and cross it off my list.

I think this figure looks great, HT did a fantastic job with her costume and the headsculpt. I will not use the Christmas themed accessories but I’m glad they were included bk it is fun and I think quite a few collectors will display her that way (even if just temporarily).

Overall seems like an excellent release that will look great with the rest of my Guardians of the Galaxy figs …still need Drax though 😕

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered this last night. I have been looking forward to HT making this figure for quite a while AND I don’t think another version of Mantis will be produced in the near future so I decided to pull the trigger and cross it off my list.

I think this figure looks great, HT did a fantastic job with her costume and the headsculpt. I will not use the Christmas themed accessories but I’m glad they were included bk it is fun and I think quite a few collectors will display her that way (even if just temporarily).

Overall seems like an excellent release that will look great with the rest of my Guardians of the Galaxy figs …still need Drax though 😕
After the new Bane, i would be shocked if there isnt a Gotg3 drax. Especially because I think he is wearing a uniform in this film based on what I have seen in the trailer.

After the new Bane, i would be shocked if there isnt a Gotg3 drax. Especially because I think he is wearing a uniform in this film based on what I have seen in the trailer.

Yeah he is wearing a uniform, but it looks as though there are two versions of his outfit, one with sleeves and one without. I was thinking the same thing, that HT could use the same body for Drax that they use for Bane, it would be such a welcome improvement over the prior body used for Drax

I have that Drax, he is in the very back of the team in the detolf. Emaciated Drax is no bueno but better than no Drax. He still looks like principal Skinner from back the future to me.
I have always wanted a Lubic from the MoTU movie, maybe I have a custom to do in the future!

Back